“Caribbean Business”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Caribbean Business”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stay in this hotel regularly to attend meetings in Jamaica. It I has recently been remodeled and the rooms are quite comfortable and the service efficient. Breakfast has variety and is good. A great place to stay for business travel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on as high a floor as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Your professional views are indeed appreciated and we are grateful to you for sharing them with all the readers.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Kingston soon.
PH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel has improved drastically since I last stayed at the Pegasus.

The hotel hast been updated and the rooms are adequate and comfortable though there is room for improvement. The Gym is much better than it used to be and the restaurats, lobby and bar have all been refurbished.

The biggest development I have noticed at the Pegasus is the staff. I can honestly say that there has been a drastic improvement in the way the staff deliver customer service.

Thank you for genuinely being some warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: Had a room facing the blue mountains and it was great watching the sunrise over them in the morning.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen H
Thank you for noticing the various changes we have made in the last couple of years. Ownership is committed to restoring the Pegasus to the highest possible standards.
Your comments indicate that we are going in the right direction and we appreciate them.
Barbados
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Recently updated, and great facilities. In the heart of Kingston. A little pricey, but if that is not a challenge and you want a high end feel, then recommended.

Other more affordable options nearby with a more personal feel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank OReilly39
Thank you for noticing that we have upgraded both our facilities and services. The team is committed to ensuring all our valued guests are well looked after, and it would appear as if we succeeded with you.
Please come visit us again soon.
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It might be one of the best in town but this is not the international standard. rooms are just clean enough. you are not allowed to take any fruits out after breakfast without paying them extra.
you are waiting long to get a room. i was expecting more and better for that price

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank laurent19642014
We are constantly striving to not only meet our guests' expectations but to exceed them - obviously we did not achieve this goal with you. July was a very busy month for us at the Pegasus and clearly your room was not quite ready upon arrival.
Since new Ownership bought this property just over two years ago, we have been working diligently to upgrade all of the facilities including our bedrooms. We have also been working hard on service standards and training as we share your views about delivering a great experience.
Please do come back and visit with us again - I know you will notice a difference.
Thank you for taking the time to pen your comments.
PH

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Trinidad
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Spent 18 days there on group business and it was a hassle free stay for me. From the time I checked in to the time I left, the staff was very warm and friendly. Thanks to Jinelle and Shantal. They are always willing to help and service with a smile. The room was keep clean and house keeping saw to all our needs...Thank you Corohna! The buffet breakfast was good, I had to manage for 18 days and I did. I'm one who went for the jamaican breakfast most times. The pineapples and mangoes were very nice and sweet. It was either or for me as I dont mix my fruits. When that was not an option, my next one was the watermelon. I truly enjoyed their brown stew chicken and fish - the best I ever tasted in Jamaica! Meika thanks for all your assistance! I also had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Whyte - humble gentleman and service with a smile. Oh and the Tuesday night buffet was great for the price! I definitely cannot find a buffet like that for that price where I'm from. It was really good that I took advantage of it both tuesdays that I was there. This hotel is walking distance to alot of things - that is - if you dont mind walking. Jamaica is like my second home so I dont mind walking. If not its easy to get a local taxi at reasonable costs. A plus is the 24hour cafe - I must say it came in handy when I needed food way past normal dinner time - A very good idea - the cafe that is! Easy access to my place of work and the famous Emancipation park is just across the road for hanging out or excercising. All in all it was a great stay for me. (Sorry if I spelt anyone's name wrong)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Naturelover34
We post all the reviews for all our employees to read, so your one was especially well received. All the team enjoyed looking after you during your long stay with us - especially the ones whose names you remembered so well.
Thank you for your delightful commentary and please come back and visit us soon.
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at the Pegasus on business. First class all the way, wonderful dining (those oxtails ought to be on your bucket list!). The staff is the most courteous I have ever come across. Though my room wasn't frill filled, it suited me fine and provided a view of the pool and the park. I walked everywhere and loved it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kentwallace
Your commentary was very well received especially by our Executive Chef who has proclaimed to everyone that his repertoire now includes 'oxtail heaven'!
We are indeed pleased that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kingston in the near future.
Thank you.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my second time staying at this fabulous hotel. The customer service is superb. I travel to Kingston annually on business. Unfortunately on this trip I left my spare cell phone behind. I didn't realize it until I returned to the U.S. I contacted the hotel immediately and they searched high and l low until they recovered it. Mrs. Tate and the staff were very sensitive to my issue and showed INCREDIBLE compassion. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank xaviersdad
Thank you for your gracious review. It is always gratifying to learn that the extra effort exhibited by our team members is noticed by our valued guests such as yourself.
Please come and visit us again soon.