Kingston is not the most cosmopolitan city on the planet - in fact most of it is very third-world. Very crowded, horrible traffic, (especially when it rains) and lots of poverty/slum areas. However, if you have to go there, the Courtleigh is pretty nice for a renovated older hotel. The rooms are fairly big, and most of the bathrooms now have granite and tile and a very modern look. The hallways are surprisingly small, and hint at the age of the hotel. There's a cozy and very dark bar, and once you get over paying $500 (about $4 US) for a beer, things look better. The on-site restaurant has great service and pretty good food, and breakfast is free. The staff are all very friendly and efficient. The area where it's located has several other hotels (Wyndam, for one) and feels fairly safe. If you have to go to Kingston, stay here...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Only Address You Will Ever Need to Make The Right Impression In Kingston. The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites offers discerning guests, unparalleled personalized service with deluxe rooms, one and two bedroom suites and our ultra-luxurious Penthouse floor. Featuring direct dial telephones, free wireless internet, work desk, cable TV including premium movie channels, in - room safe, coffee / tea maker, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, Bath & Body Works amenities and Free buffet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Courtleigh Hotel Kingston
- Courtleigh Hotel Kingston
- The Courtleigh Hotel And Suites Jamaica/Kingston