“Great as Always, ONLY place to stay in Kingston”

The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Miami
“Great as Always, ONLY place to stay in Kingston”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

As always the best place to stay in Kingston. The staff is friendly, and always ready to help with a smile. They remember previous guest and greet us by name, an absolute wonderful place to come back to after a long day working in Kingston.

The restaurant staff, are the best, friendly, courteous, and extremely efficient.

If I have any concern it would be the over night desk staff could be a bit more friendly, and possible better trained.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at this hotel. If there's anything I would need such as item, information etc I would get it. I remember I asked the gentleman at the front desk for information to get to the other hotel next door he made it his business to come to the hotel and let both me and my business partner the quicker way to get there.
The bellboy was also courteous towards me, I forgot his name but I think it began with a D, "nuff big ups" to him!
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
washington dc
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I chose the Courtleigh because of its central location. Had not been there in about 15yrs. Pleasantly surprised at the improvements. Our stay in April was part of a vacation trip but mainly to see family in the area. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, especially the housekeeper and the foodservice waitress. Whole place is clean. Food was great and the breakfast deal is even better! My husband has trouble standing to shower, so I requested a bench but was given an 'accessible' room. I f you are not in a wheelchair, that is a hazzard to your health. Major slope in and out of shower is super slippery when wet and no grab bars!! We changed to a regular rm which worked much better. Found lady in the 'Business office' to be snooty. Spent a night there in July - everything still clean and food still great. Ice machine working. Returning in October for a wedding.

Room Tip: Stay away from accessible rooms unless you use a wheelchair in the bathroom. Suites are luxurious bu...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mcd662013
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The 'Courtleigh' was very warm and welcoming and so was every member of staff that we interacted with. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the bathroom tastefully done in a modern decor. We felt very relaxed. My husband and I were there on a very short trip, solely to take part in a wedding. We were truly sorry that we could not stay longer, as we felt right at home. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not value for money. Beware of noisy rooms at back of hotel near the Air Conditioning unit, which also overlooks the carpark! Staff not warm or friendly.
Breakfast selection very poor had to go out to buy breakfast. On the whole would not chose to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ShelleySims
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have been a regular guest at the Courtleigh Hotel for six years. It is my hotel of choice when in Kingston for business. The rooms have undergone renovation over the past 2 years and are well appointed. The food is good though I sense there is a recent change in chef, who is not adept at making a simple omlette. The hotel is centrally located and in easy reach of many other ammenities incl restaurants, park, cinema and entertainment. Service is friendly. The Courtleigh Hotel & Suites is a good choice, much better than others in the New Kingston area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had a good experience in the Courtleigh even though it was undergoing renovations while we stayed there. The staff was very friendly and in the end very accommodating. Our initial disappointment about the closed pool was quickly wiped away by allowing us to use the Pegasus Hotel pool, which was great for us. The food was excellent quality, even if it sometimes took a bit too long for our somewhat impatient sons (4 & 7). The room was clean and the baby sitting service very professional. The kids said they had a great time with the nanny.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family