“DonnaHH-Wedding Guest”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Katy, Texas
“DonnaHH-Wedding Guest”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Our second time visiting Jamaica and this time we stayed in New Kingston at the Courtleigh Hotel & Suites. The location is AWESOME, next to a well kept park and if you're visiting with children there an amusement park across from the hotel. The hotel itself is showing it's wear-n-tear but apart form that the staff is superb. I must thank two staff members in particular - Oliver the floor attendant and Ms. Kemmishea the housekeeper; both went over and above to ensure we had a great stay. The servers in the dinning room were also friendly, however, if you can purchase your breakfast off the inclusive menu (which is very basic without authantic dishes) go for it, you will not regret paying the extra. My one problem with the hotel was the doors closed very loudly so when other guest are up early, you're up too because of the LOUD closing of the doors. Overall a very pleasant and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay at The Courtleigh very much and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Let me start with my fond memories of the restaurant, where the food was delicious and served in generous portions. The menu featured a fair sample of Jamaican cuisine such as curried goat and oxtail with beans as well as regular restaurant fare like pork chops and steamed chicken. Amongst the side dishes, I would particularly recommend the sweet potato mash and the rum-glazed plantains. The complimentary breakfast always featured a wide selection of fruit and I was particularly impressed with the inclusion of natural yogurt in their offering (for those of us who love yogurt without the sugar). Of course, I cannot forget to mention that my group was well-cared for by the attentive restaurant staff, particularly Tawana and Sheldon. My spacious room was in great condition and featured an absolutely luxurious four-poster bed which made my business trip feel like a holiday. The hotel also features a small but adequate gym. All in all, I would urge anyone looking for a hotel in Kingston to give The Courtleigh a try. I certainly had a great time and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The service in this hotel was truly unbeatable. From the moment we entered, everyone from Shawna-Kay, the receptionist at the front desk, to Tawana, the receptionist at the entrance of Alexander's Restaurant, were exceedingly pleasant and genuinely interested in ensuring our experience remained a happy one. Tawana, in particular, was a welcome guest at our many insightful dinner and breakfast table conversations and graced them with her cheerful personality. The room was also excellent (stayed in a suite), and the bed was so comfortable it was its own anesthetic - as soon as you jumped in, you fell right asleep! The hotel is located in the center of New Kingston (which was beautiful - so many great memories!), and literally everything you needed for your stay was within walking distance. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I chose this hotel on the basis of its previous reviews on this site. No review I read prepared me for the amazing service I received during my stay. I re-read each review...none of them told me to expect that every issue I had would be attended to within seconds of it being brought to the attention of any member of staff. None of them told me that they would be so very pleasant and attentive in their service. I would also have appreciated if I could have been told about the main attendant at Alexander's- the in-house restaurant- Tawana. Her smile seemed to warm the entire island and her professional and detailed attention inspired my colleagues and I to eat at Alexander's each day and night of our stay. I know my ratings may seem exceedingly generous, but I could find no fault with any of the categories. The service was excellent- kudos to Anya and the other front-office attendants who always wore a smile. I slept more comfortably than I ever have in any other hotel. The room was well-laid out and specifically attended to my needs (I stayed in an executive suite with a full desk, PC and multifunction printer/ scannerI) I'll definitely be back.

1 Thank Justin20142014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff at the Courtleigh is awesome. As soon as i jump out of the taxi they are greeting me by name. They never forget. Cant beat that. The free breakfast is good. I am not a big breakfast person but they always have fresh fruit. The dinner is ok but I prefer to eat out. There are so many nice places to go in Kingston now. You will get a better meal outside the hotel at a better price. Pool bar at night is great. The pool is nice, the gym is very small. I hate the fragrant soap in the bathroom. Bring all your toiletries. Aside from that the place is clean, safe and comfortable.

1 Thank Shelrnyc
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We got stuck in Jamaica due to a delayed flight. We got the best customer service that made my family feel right at home. This was the best hotel to get stuck at. Kudos to the restaurant staff and front desk!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle T
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our family trip to Jamaica started with the Courtleigh Hotel. We regularly travel with the kids across North America, and no where have we had better service! From the bellman/front desk, to our server, to even the security guard on duty at the front door (who turned on the fountain so the girls could play while they were waiting), everyone was gracious and attentive and happy to ask what we needed. Our penthouse suite was spacious and well appointed with t.v.s in every room. The view from the balcony was beautiful and we appreciated being able to sit outside and still able to see the kids inside, as the doors are full french doors that open wide. The rooms were quiet; we weren't disturbed with the sounds of the other guests coming and going in the hallways. The dinner menu addressed the needs of the adults, who wanted the more traditional Jamaican fare, and the kids, who wanted pizza. The pool was clean and a good size, with a shallow end. Thank you to all the staff who made our first night in Jamaica so memorable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family