“Great hotel for business travel”

The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Trelawny Parish, Jamaica
“Great hotel for business travel”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great hotel for business travel. Front Desk check in was smooth. Complimentary wi-fi access was great. Connection was fast.
Was a bit disappointed with the continental breakfast. Could have had more protein choices.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay

1 Thank jodi_enchantress

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I often choose to skip giving ratings but my recent stay at this hotel warrants a change in my approach. This was more then home away from home. It was evident that the entire staff from entry to exit were committed in making sure my stay at the hotel was memorable. They did a wonderful job. I was impressed with all the services...the meals; the room; the restaurant; the pool bar; the intimate environment; the attempts of the staff to personally welcome you as you came and went and attempts to predict your needs and offer solutions. The Courtleigh holds it s own in the amenities provided, yet it is the caring that for me makes all the difference in determining where I choose to stay. I extended my stay as a result.

Having been already impressed, the experience of the day of checkout remains indelible in my mind - I had misplaced my passport and thought it was lost - the front desk staff, the nurse, the bellman and security personnel were all quick to respond, and with such care so as not to have me panic, and carefully guided me through the process of finding my documents. Caring makes all the difference. I cannot wait to return. Thank you Courtleigh.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Restaurant is excellent and the entire staff are courteous and efficient. Rooms are nice with good amenities. Gym is hot and minimal. They remember who you are. Good location and near Emancipation Park--Beautiful place. Good dinners across the Street at Ligunea Club.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing Courtleigh parking lot--car alarms all night.
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Spent three nights in this efficient hotel which caters excellently for the business traveller. I was upgraded to a suite which provided all the amenities I needed. Well placed work desk with good lighting, comfortable king sized four poster bed, tasteful living room furniture, wonderful views of the mountains around Kingston, good quality, well laundered linens. Very quiet in the room with no noise from the A/C which was central air but with an in-room control. Very clean (and I am fastidious). The complimentary breakfast buffet is quite adequate and there's no need to order a la carte breakfast unless you want something special. Room service is fast and staff is courteous and efficient. It is not designed particularly for the holiday traveller, but is perfect for business travel. One slight problem I found was that at peak evening hours when everyone returned to the hotel, there would be some slowing down of the Internet connection say between 7 and 9 PM. Location is excellent and surroundings safe.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with a suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in Kingston for a work trip before heading to Montego Bay for a wedding. We were greeted by a very sweet girl at the front desk. She gave us a nice room and any information we asked for and even explained the currency to us. We ate dinner at the pool bar. I had the house linguine with seafood and my husband had the jerk chicken pasta. Both were amazing! When it was checkout time, my husband has to continue working and I was "stuck" at the hotel. :) They let me store my bags and chill out by the pool for as much time as needed. It was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is very modern the restaurant and housekeeping staff are very helpful. The hotel is at a great location and the rooms are very quiet. I would just recommend that they serve more Jamaican meals after all it is in Jamaica. Overall I had a great stay and I hope to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel was better than expected. Hallways are narrow but rooms are spacious and clean with a pleasant atmosphere. My son and I spent four day of great relaxation and felt guilty for not planning to stay longer.

Upon arriving the first day the reception and warmth was beyond what I ever expected, this made the beginning of the stay more pleasurable. The bellman also was one of the most informative and pleasant which also added warmth of the vacation and made it more memorable. On our next visit to Kingston we will mostly likely spend time at The Courtleigh Hotel and the newly acquired Pegasus hotel.

Room Tip: My suite on the 7th floor was spacious, clean and great sunshine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family