As everyone who ever travelled to Kingston, Jamaica, knows, there's a lack of business hotels. One family will soon operate 60% of all hotel rooms in this city and they're not aligned with any of the international chains. Accordingly, prices are somewhat higher than the quality of the venue would 'normally' justify. A result of limited competition.
The Courtleigh is owned by said family. It's a good hotel actually. Parking is free and included in the room rate, so it perfectly functioning wifi throughout the property. Its pool is a bit small, but truth be told, I rarely noticed people using it, so more often than not I had it for myself (*bonus*). The gym this property offers is small but functional (treadmill/weights). For some reason the air conditioning didn't permit me to cool it down to a level reasonable to gym activities, so I left after a couple of minutes because it got too hot in the room.
We stayed in a room with a King size bed at the street side (there's a main property - a tower and a two level facility at the street side). You'll have to carry your luggage up the stairs as on that side there's no elevator. There are elevators in the main building. The room was very spacious, no street noise was to be heard, there's a flat screen TV with a good cable selection, absolutely delicious coffee supplied for the coffee maker in the room, fridge (no mini bar), efficient room service, the bed was fantastic, the bathroom definitely of superior standard in terms of materials used. The staff who made up the guest rooms every day were among the most meticulous I have experienced over the years (I'm finicky about room cleanliness...). Absolutely wonderful.
The on-site meals. Satisfactory probably is the best way to describe it. The breakfast (included with the room rate) is monotonous, and if you stay longer than 2 nights it could easily get on your nerves to see the same stuff more or less every day (even the yoghurts remain the same - peach/vanilla - five days in a row). It's a mix of savoury, sweet and fruit/cereal. Certainly does the trick, but don't have high expectations, given what you paid for the room. Service in the breakfast room is a bit of a hit-and-miss type thing. Some days you've to run after folks to get water, then cutlery is missing, milk is gone, etc, on other days there's great service. They could probably improve on the breakfast buffet quite a bit, given what they charge.
I did greatly enjoy hanging about at the pool-side bar at night (one of the bar tenders, Kay, truly made a big positive difference to our evenings there). Service was far superior to that experienced during breakfast. The food was reasonably priced and in line with that charged by comparable venues in Kingston. They fix some pretty cool mixed drinks at the bar. Prices for those are also in line with comparable venues in town. Not cheap, but good.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Only Address You Will Ever Need to Make The Right Impression In Kingston. The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites offers discerning guests, unparalleled personalized service with deluxe rooms, one and two bedroom suites and our ultra-luxurious Penthouse floor. Featuring direct dial telephones, free wireless internet, work desk, cable TV including premium movie channels, in - room safe, coffee / tea maker, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, Bath & Body Works amenities and Free buffet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Courtleigh Hotel Kingston
- Courtleigh Hotel Kingston
- The Courtleigh Hotel And Suites Jamaica/Kingston