“Perfect location for business trip”

Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
billingham
“Perfect location for business trip”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was very concerned at being able to get a good nights sleep to be effective for my business. I should not have worried. I can say that my room on the ground floor (301) was one of the nicest and quietest rooms I have ever stayed in. There was a courtyard and function suite near the room but there was no significant noise except the band on Sunday. The walk in rain shower with separate spray was fantastic once you have worked out how to use it.(You pull the little knob to switch). Moulton Brown lotions were of the highest quality. The plasma TV had a wide range of cable channels, I think >100. Room was provided with fresh fruit as a welcome. It would be a nice touch if management could provide this more frequently for longer stay residents and a morning paper would be a nice touch. Everybody in the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful and could not do enough for you. I got to know the people who own and run the hotel and felt like family at the end of my seven night stay. I hope to come back soon. Did not visit the spa.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms probably quieter. I dont think all rooms have been refurbished yet, my comments a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank john10031
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear John 10031:

It is breathtaking to read your positive review posted on July 22, 2013 concerning your stay at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. It is truly heartening to know that your experience in one of our newly renovated Premium Junior Suites has left a lasting impression on your mind and that you have taken the opportunity to enlighten your fellow Trip Advisor users.

Our staff and management team are happy to know that you were pleased with the high quality of customer service provided. You certainly have a home away from home!

Your Terra Nova family is looking forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mandeville, Jamaica
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our anniversary and the kindness and love from the management had surpass our expectation. Our thanks to the staff as well. The love gift from the resturant is still on our taste buds today. We cant wait to see the new renovations.

Thomas & Cvell Qualis

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas Q
Dear Thomas and Cvell Qualis:

It is humbling to know that you both chose to celebrate your anniversary at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel- the Supreme place for celebrations. It was truly a pleasure to have served you both in our award winning restaurant and an absolute delight to know that our kindness surpassed your expectations. Thank you for choosing the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. The Premium Junior Suites await your return!

Regards
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel was really nice to come to after spending 3 nights in Negril, 1 night in MoBay, and 3 nights in Ocho Rios. The rooms have had a contemporary upgrade including marble floors. Most of the people who stay here are on business trips. There is excellent free wi-fi service throughout. Let's not forget the fine dining for dinner and complimentary breakfast on the terrace. All this from a renovated mansion on beautiful grounds. Walking distance to the historic Devon house, Bob Marley Museum, and Emancipation Park. 30 minute cab ride to the airport. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JamaicaAdventures
Dear JamaicaAdventures,

Thank you for your positive review posted on July 18, 2013. It brings us great pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations with our excellent cuisine, reliable and free wi-if services as well as our newly renovated Junior Suites. The upgrades were designed with our valued guests in mind. We are grateful that you were able to experience them first hand and share your experience with other Trip Advisor users.

JamaicaAdventures, it was an honour to have you stay with us and we are looking forward to your return.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Terra Nova's staff has simply blown me away. I started my stays with them approximately a year and a half ago and now re-book only with them on my visits into Kingston. The fact that they can consistently make you feel like you are the only client on property shows how impeccable their customer service is. I have always been a very particular and detailed person when it comes to service and the team here has never disappointed me. From the mangers to the bell hops they are truly what has imprinted on me and influence my return.
Their newly renovated rooms are welcomed delight. They are equipped with smart tv's,docking stations and a much more sophisticated decor. I normally request room service and the restaurant there is also impressive.

Room Tip: Definitely request the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Laura W
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Laura W,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your last stay with us.

Words cannot express the great pleasure you have brought us in knowing
that you continue to choose the Terra Nova All Suite Hotel as your premier
choice of accommodation in Kingston.

We are elated to know that you were blown away by the impeccable service
you received from our well-trained staff and management team. Terra Nova
prides itself in offering personalized service to each of our valued
guests making them feel extra special.

Ms. Laura W it was truly a pleasure hosting you in our newly renovated
Premium Junior Suite and we are delighted to know that you appreciate the
upgraded rooms.

You are indeed our VIP guest and your comfort and satisfaction are and
will continue to be our utmost priority.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kindest Regards
Pontiac, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The staff was really friendly, We received good advices about activities around the area and good restaurant advice. The location was great and the room were clean and recently renovated. The beds were really confortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Michel S for posting such a positive review of your stay at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel.

We are elated to know that you stayed in one of our newly renovated Premium Junior Suites and enjoyed the overall luxury experience.

The friendly yet professional staff members at Terra Nova are always willing to go the extra mile for our guests and will continue to provide you with the highest standards of service whenever you next visit us.

We will be sure to inform our staff of the lasting impressions they have made.

Looking forward to your return.

Kindest Regards
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is my favorite hotel to stay while I'm in Kingston. The ambiance is alluring and there is a relaxing atmosphere among the staff. You are greeted by the bell hops on arrival.The food at this hotel is excellent. There is a buffet styled breakfast with a variety of items to choose from. The rooms give you an atmosphere of a ''home away from home''. I highly recommend the Terra Nova All-Suites Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Allisonscaterers,

It is truly a pleasure to read your positive review about the Terra Nova All Suite Hotel and what potential guests and clients can experience when they stay or dine at this best kept secret. We are pleased to know that you feel at home when at Terra Nova which is the atmosphere we strive to provide for our guests. Our exquisite cuisine not only boasts Caribbean and International dishes, but has a sophistication that always leaves our guests talking. We are delighted to know that you never cease to enjoy the experience.

We thank you for your patronage and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you home.
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Intimate, tranquil and refreshing are the first words that come to mind when I think of the Terra Nova. The beautifully decorated grounds, white glove service, live piano music and wooden flooring make a welcome invitation. The old world charm of the hotel is a most needed respite in Kingston.......not to mention the food!

I stayed here with my bridal party in January for my wedding which was held nearby. Having had several business meetings and brunches there I was used to the impeccable service they offered. However, on this occassion they went beyond that. I was offered a surprise free room upgrade to an absolutely gorgeous, clean and comfortable suite on arrival. The room was a little musty though. Mainly because the air conditioning was either too cold or too warm.

Room service was on time and even though I ordered 4 main courses 30 minutes before the service would have closed, the value and taste of the meals were not short changed. Given that my flight out of the Island was at a ridiculously early time I had to check out long before breakfast would have been available. To my suprise the manager has arranged for a light meal to be prepared for me and my party to take with us on our trip to the airport. I'm a little sorry I didn't use them for the actual wedding. Special thanks to Mr. Whyte and his team!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JamBud
Dear Jambud,

It was truly a pleasure to have hosted you in one of our absolutely gorgeous suites at Kingston's premier hotel and we thank you for sharing your experience with all the TripAdvisor readers. Such an elaborate and impressive review has allowed us to feel completely humbled by your words and we take delight in knowing that we were able to satisfy your every need.

We are grateful to know that you appreciated the impeccable service provided during your dining experiences and that even when you thought it was impossible, the staff and management went above and beyond for you and your bridal party.

The flawless service and sumptuous meals that you speak highly of have certainly been recognized in Jamaica, as the Terra Nova All Suite Hotel boasts several Observer Food Awards for 2013, including the Best Place for dinner, Restaurant of the Year - The Regency Room, Outstanding Service and Best Cocktail bar. We feel delighted to know that you were one of our valued guest who was able to experience first hand what has been endorsed.

We once again thank you wholeheartedly for sharing your comments and we are looking forward to your return and a renewal of your wedding vows right here at Terra Nova.

Best Regards