“Excellent weaving of old world charm and modern ritz”

Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Have stayed here several times for business travel. The newly renovated rooms could compete with NYC hotels. Well-thought out room layout , especially for business travel. The breakfast on the terrace reminds one of an older era -- no rush, elegant dining. The wait staff have been professional and attentive. Food for dinner in both the dining room and through room service is top notch. Compliments to the chefs! I had a question about bathroom shower which the housekeeping staff addressed immediately. The doormen friendly and helpful. I have stayed at other Kingston hotels, but with the new renovations, I will now always return to Terra Nova.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Siennahouse,

We express gratitude for your positive review on your last stay with us. It was truly a pleasure to welcome you back home and we are looking forward to your next visit.

The upgrades to the Junior Suites were done with you our valued customer in mind and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

At all times, we endeavour to exceed our guests’ expectations and your encouraging words have motivated us to continue being the best at what we do.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I just got through with a 4 day stay at Terra Nova. I have stayed in quite a few hotels in Kingston so far and they haven't been that great, to be honest. However, Terra Nova is the best I have stayed at so far. What struck me about the ambiance of the hotel is that it is a very pleasing blend of the old and new, which is often hard to do. The grounds are reminiscent on an old plantation house and the lobby, I think has this feel and is very charming. The rooms are however very well appointed clean and modern with all the conveniences you would need. The rain shower is a great touch and I loved the attention to detail like the fact that the air conditioning shuts off when you open the windows and that the screens jut out unto the veranda so you can get the feel of the outside without the bugs. I also love the location on Waterloo road, which makes it very convenient...it's a hop skip and a jump from a lot of stuff. Check out Jojo's Jerk Pit across the street.

My experience with the staff was not quite so inspiring, however. A few of the staff were quite nice and accommodating, like the lady who checked me despite the fact that I arrived early and found a great room. Also worth mentioning is our waitress at breakfast, who was a gem. Apart from the these two folks, I was bewildered by the rest of the staff. There were always quite a few people in uniforms hanging around to be sure but when you asked them for assistance, they were surly at best. For instance, I had quite a few guests stop by to visit and I could not find anyone who could assist us with finding somewhere to visit and have drinks even though there was at least 5 or 6 staff right there in the lobby. I went over to one of the guys in uniform and asked him to help us arrange chairs so they could sit and he told me I should do it myself, while he preceded to stand in the same place and talk to other staff! On another occasion, we called the front desk to get assistance with our iron that was not working. We were told that someone would be right over but after no one showed up after another 20 minutes, we called back only to be told by the attendant that she was busy and we would have to wait...Good thing she bothered to inform us! Without boring you with other such incidents then, I would say you may or may not be happy with the service depending on who on the staff you encounter.

Where is the concierge desk?

In conclusion, I would highly recommend this hotel because its pluses far outweighs its minuses but I do think that it could be even more top notch with some better trained staff whose focus is excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 300 section facing Waterloo room. They open unto a nice internal garden
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarkAnthonyStephens
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Mastephens69:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your first time experience at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. We appreciate your opinion and it is feedback such as this that enables us to continuously improve our product offered to you our valued guest.
We are grateful to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our well appointed and recently renovated Premium Junior Suite. The luxurious yet charming decor met your expectations as well as the landscaping which seemed to have made you feel quite comfortable while staying with us. Your eye for detail has certainly made a lasting impression on us as the Terra Nova concept and newly added modern features were done with you in mind.
It is rather unfortunate to read about your disappointment with the few staff members that you stated you had interacted with. At Terra Nova, we encourage and adhere to a culture where training and re-training is constant, which as you have rightly pointed out was evident with the front office agent as well as the waitress who displayed excellent customer service. Notwithstanding this, we appreciate your concerns re the incident s that occurred during your stay and will take this opportunity to re-brief our staff members on the policies and guidelines that have always driven our determination to maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Once again, we take this opportunity to thank you Mastephens69 for endorsing the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel and we are looking forward to your return in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very reasonable rates, especially when you factor in a full breakfast for two. Hotel has a nice atmosphere, and I liked catching nap poolside right in the heart of Kingston. Easy, secure parking made this a great place to come back to after a day of travelling around.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Jmkurz:

It is with great pleasure that we read your positive comments posted on December 12, 2013. Feedback such as this enables us to continue to provide a safe, serene environment to all our valued guests to enjoy whenever they stay at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel.

Thank you again for selecting us as the place to stay and we are looking forward to your return.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Terra Nova for a few days before heading to Montego Bay. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to return. The room was clean and very nicely appointed: we absolutely loved the large comfortable king bed and modern bathroom with rain shower head. The staff was friendly and attentive - even though we stayed during a national holiday (Jamaica independence), there was no lapse in service. The breakfast buffet was delicious with enough choices to satisfy every liking. We have stayed in a number of mid to high-end places, and think Terra Nova represents great value for the experience provided. Overall an exceptional hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Hermie A,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor users. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the newly renovated Premium Junior Suite, the impeccable service and delicious meals! Terra Nova continues to make each guest experience an unforgettable one and we sincerely appreciate your praise.

The Terra Nova family anticipates your speedy return.

Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at Terra Nova a couple weeks ago (Oct. 2013). The service by restaurant and housekeeping staff was great, the grounds beautiful, the food delicious. But they gave my contact info to Bookings.com and now I am plagued with ads from Bookings about other places to visit. I wish they had respected the privacy of my mail box.

DMW.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the lunch buffet room on Sundays and public holidays. They play loud music unti...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RichardoTN, Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Doreen W,

Thank you for your positive comments posted on October 31, 2013. We are
happy to note that the service you received was to your expectations and
that the meals were equally enjoyable. We pride our selves in always
exceeding the expectations of you our valued guest and your positive
review helps in motivating our team to continue to do so.

Terra Nova All Suite Hotel has a strong history in terms of recognizing
the privacy of all our guests and it is for this reason that information
provided through reservations is used solely by Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
and is not passed on or shared, in any form, to third parties. We
unfortunately have no control over the privacy policies of external
parties such as bookings.com and would highly recommend that the terms and
conditions of their services always be read before making any booking.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we are
looking forward to welcoming you back home.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I'm Jamaican and stayed at the Terranova for a week In December 2012. Staff was extremely friendly except the women at the front desk. Breakfast was served every morning buffet style and the food was delicious. The food is traditional Jamaican dishes. The hotel is in an excellent location in Kingston. the area is safe and frequented by tourists Because of its location to Devon's house(great place to hang and get ice cream and pastries). If you want to mix with locals, halfway tree is a quick walk away. It's very much a business hotel. So please don't expect the flair of the resorts but for a few nights in a safe and clean surroundings with a hearty breakfast, then you can't for wrong with this place.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Lovebirds511
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Lovebirds 511,

Thank you for your positive comments posted on October 1, 2013. Our friendly yet professional employees always strive to go above and beyond for our guests and we are pleased you experienced such great service first hand. Our convenient location, delectable meals and the incomparable safety provided to our guests are just a few provisions that enable our strong guest loyalty base.

We are happy you made Terra Nova your premier choice and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had my wedding reception @ the Terra Nova, this pass July I must say this is a great hotel the food is to die for. The staff was very friendly and great place to stay.Our room was amazing had a nice view.

• Stayed: July 2013
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Angie D,

Thank you for sharing the wonderful experience you had at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. We are truly honoured to know that Terra Nova was your premier choice for such a memorable, life changing event and we hope that you will celebrate your very first anniversary with us in one of our Junior Suites. We also take great pride in knowing that the service you received was excellent and that the food was worth dying for.

Angie D, it was a pleasure hosting you and your Terra Nova family awaits your return.