“Extraordinary Hotel on many levels”

Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Jamaica
“Extraordinary Hotel on many levels”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at Terra Nova over the Christmas/New Year break and I must say I was blown away by this property. Their rooms are upscale, large, functional and one of the best I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. Their renovations are top notch. Lovely bathrooms with rain showers and a nice sitting area. The service was exceptional, the airline broke my bag and Adrian and someone from maintenance took a great deal of time helping me fix it. 9Thanks Adrian) And as for the Regency Bar, hard to top. I love love this hotel and although I have little reason to stay in a hotel when in Kingston, I will find every opportunity I can to stay at this property and I am an extremely picky traveler.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dens L
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
A big thank you Dens L for posting such an optimistic review on your stay with us during the festive season.

It is truly heartwarming to know that you love the upgrades to the Suites as well as the recently opened chic Regency Bar and Lounge.

Our aim at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel is to exceed our guests' expectations and our staff and management team never cease to go above and beyond for our valued guests. In light of this, we will be sure to relay commendations to our superstars Adrian and Fabian who assisted you as they truly represented the Terra Nova brand.

Dens L we hope to see you soon. Do not stay away for too long!

Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jamaica
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at the Terra Nova in November my business takes me to Kingston once per month. I booked in to Room 207. At 7:30 a.m. the following morning, the telephone rings to tell me that there is an issue with my credit card. I ask if it could not have waited until I was checking out or at least until 9:00 a.m. At 8:30 a young child ran along the corridor for at least ten minutes laughing and calling to her parents. At 9:00 the room attendant is using the knocker ( Hemingway Suite) why a knocker is beyond me. A door bell would be better!!, and would not disturb the other guests. This knocking went on that I was able to get out of bed go into the bathroom (trying not the allow the stiff swinging half doors to scrape my leg again, open the closet take a robe down, untying the bow put it on and open the door and ask them if they could possibly keep the loud banging and talking to a minimum. I will not stay at Terra Nova again.

Room Tip: Rooms 107 and 207 are the only balcony rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Jamaicanbeachgirl
RichardoTN, Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Jamaicanbeachgirl:

We note your review posted on January 21, 2014. Thank you for taking the time to share as we value your feedback.

Our investigations have revealed that the hotel's strict policies and procedures were not followed when you checked in which resulted in an early phone call to you and for this we apologize.

We really wished that you had expressed your concerns to us at the time, either to a manager or at check out, so that we could have extended a personal apology.

Nonetheless, we take this opportunity to thank you for your glowing report from your previous stay in November and to inform that in addition to our Premium Junior Suites 107 and 207 which you have mentioned, our exquisite Signature Luxury Suites are also well designed with very spacious private balconies.

Jamaicanbeachgirl, we do hope that we again have the chance to host you as you are a valued repeat client.

We have taken the necessary measures to ensure that our policies are adhered to at all times and to ensure that we continue to surpass our guests' expectations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was there to see the New Year in and found it to be truly fantastic. Modern rooms, huge bed, monograms on everything and everything you could want. A walk in overhead shower and beautiful attention to detail.
Eating by the pool and a glorious selection from the buffet. Complimentary drinks , great breakfast and the price was so good . You must visit this hotel if you visit Kingston. I can give it top marks. There is a gym too if you can work up the effort. I just loved the room and attention to detail.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear rogerCaymanislands:

We thank you for yet another uplifting review posted on January 21, 2014 about your return to your second home-the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel.

We are truly elated to know that you were able to experience the upgrades, as they were done with you our valued guest in mind.

We will continue to exceed your expectations and uphold the bestowed prestigious title of being the "very best in Jamaica".

Roger, your Terra Nova family anticipates yet another visit from you very soon!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Absolutely amazing staff, gorgeous grounds, it was my Father's wedding and they really made us feel like we were the only guests in the hotel. It is filled with Jamaican people staying there as guests, so you know it's a great place to stay. The rooms are superb with lots of space and small amenities like fridge, coffee maker and an in room electronic safe. The buffet breakfast will set you up for the day you won't even need lunch! It is a short walk (10mins) from the award winning Devon House Ice-cream as well as other fantastic shops in Devon House.

There is a business centre which is free to use, but also wi-fi across the whole grounds.

The gym and swimming pool are a nice added bonus too!

The bar was my favourite aspect of this hotel (not just for the lovely drinks), but the atmosphere is so chilled and sophisticated. The bar staff took their time to talk to you and can whip up any cocktail/drink you request.

Some nights, there would be a lobby pianist who fit right in to the vintage theme of the hotel.

Extremely bespoke services, I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you're staying in the standard priced rooms, ask for the rooms located right at the end. They...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank H C
Dear HC773,

It is truly breathtaking to read such a positive review on your stay at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. It is evident that the food, room amenities, hotel facilities as well as the friendly but professional staff members all left an indelible impression on your mind. For that, we are extremely happy.

At Terra Nova, we aim to please all our guests and are humbled to know that the recently opened sophisticated Regency Bar & Lounge was your favourite aspect of the hotel. You certainly have echoed similar sentiments of other Trip Advisor users who have visited the Regency Bar and Lounge and enjoyed the experience.

We thank you for recounting your stay at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel and we do hope that you will return soon to "the best hotel you have ever stayed in".

Kindest Regards.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Terra Nova is one of the best places I've ever stayed at. The rooms are very nice with a modern look. The staff are ever so friendly and the food, OMG, the food is excellent. Every time I travel to Jamaica I stay at Terra Nova and I must order their lamb, it's the best I've ever tasted. I recommend Terra Nova as it's a home away from home. It's a safe clean environment and close to down town. My children love this place as well, mainly because of the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Robert B,

You have afforded us the opportunity to express sincere gratitude to you for your constant raves about your stay in December 2013. We are extremely grateful for your continued patronage to the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel as it affirms that you are pleased with the quality service you always receive when staying with us.

We will endeavour to continue to exceed your expectations as we value you our guest.

Many thanks for sharing your experience and we certainly are looking forward to your next visit home!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The first thing they tried to do to me when I arrived is tried to charge me more money by saying the deal that I was getting, pay for three nights get a fourth free,was only valid from Thursday which is what the website says, but since I was arriving on Wednesday I asked if I could still get the deal and they had me hold and came back and confirmed that that would be OK. Now it took me two days of calling back to get then to send me the confirmation which was then wrong and then was addressed to the wrong person. I had to tell then to fix the invoice son that it was correct.

Now when I arrived they once again had the wrong invoice printed out for me and then told me I would not be able to get the deal. The funniest part about it was that the person I was talking to was the one that did my reservation initially. I had to tell them that I was not going to be paying anymore money and that he will have to fix it, which thankfully they did, but not a great way to start my stay. the business center was ok it had two computers and a printer no webcam though. The weight room was mediocre at best. Do not use the bench unless you have someone to spot you, the part where you rest the barbell is very short and can easily be missed if you are not careful. Not a lot of choices in dumbbells either.

I was in the room alone and I thought that I may have a cousin or two stay by me for a night if we went out and came back late and the said if I had two guests i would have to pay more for the third guest to stay with me which I thought was random.

Lastly, I ordered room service. It was lunch time and I saw they had a kern chicken salad and a Caesar salad which was a dollar different, 12 or 13. I told them that instead i would like a chicken Caesar salad no dressing. Somehow that came up to be 24 dollars instead of 12 or 13. The amount of salad couldn't have filled up a petite woman and the chicken was just grilled nothing special about it. When i told them that I was not pleased with this change in price they said there was nothing they could do about it.

Overall the room is nice and modern, bathroom was good as well, no drawer or chest in room which was weird i thought, the waiters in the dining room were OK there was one who was quite helpful. Also the driver they use will charge you a whole lot more than any redcap driver will in Jamaica. I paid 30 to get to the hotel from the airport whole they wanted to charge me 40. To have them bring me to the job Marley museum which is all of a 5 minute drive away they wanted to charge me 15 dollars both ways which it should be maybe 5 dollars both ways. You can't trust every driver out there because it hey will try and take advantage of you as a foreigner, but if you can find someone else I would recommend it. The bar was decently priced and it's one of the popular bars in Kingston i saw Sean Paul one of the nights I was there.

Overall don't let them push you around and scare you stand your ground and don't take their crap and you'll be fine. I don't know if i would stay there again there are other hotels that are just as nice in the area.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank amac312
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear amac312,

We note your review and we thank you for taking the time to share as we value your feedback. At the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel, we strive to uphold our policies at all times while going above and beyond for our esteemed guests.

Quality and safety are two essential features of the Terra Nova brand and we always ensure that our valued customers received only the best.

We are happy to know that you indeed enjoyed the very sophisticated Regency Bar and Lounge and our newly appointed Premium Junior Suite.

Thank you once more for your comments and we do hope that we again have the chance to host you.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great hotel, very clean and new. Staff was friendly and helpful. The got taxis for
us when we needed on and helped to arrange tours.
Great breakfast!
Pool was closed part of the time I stayed there, there is not a Jacuzzi like
it says in the amenities. There was something in the pool area with jets, but with
the cool pool water. I was expecting hot water.
Fitness center is very nice.

I stayed a several hotels in Jamaica while I was there. This was the cleanest and
nicest looking one. The bar is very nice also- everything looks new.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Donald5512,

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay in January 2014 at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel.

We pride ourselves in maintaining high customer service standards and always providing sumptuous meals that our guests can enjoy and gloat to others about. We are also elated to know that you loved the newly appointed Premium Junior Suite which was so tastefully done.

It is rather unfortunate that you did not inquire with the Front Office about operating the Jacuzzi as every effort would have been made in assisting you to ensure that you utilized the facility. When you next stay with us, please feel free to refer all your concerns or queries to the Front Office so that we can seek to meet your needs.

Thank you again for your positive words and we are looking forward to making you apart of the Terra Nova family.