“Very friendly clean easy place to stay”

Altamont Court Hotel Kingston
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Very friendly reception and cleaning staff , ideal location for what I needed and walking distance to night clubs and restaurants.
Approximately 30 minutes driving from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mdshaw
chrisaction, General Manager at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

We thank you for your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

This is a great hotel very clean and by the way the mango daiquiri is very good.
Free internet, and free parking

I stayed In a room that had the bedrooms upstairs. Nice

The hotel does have 3 floors so If you don't like climbing stairs ask for the ground floor.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wdawson

We thank you for your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

This hotel is walking distance of New Kingston shopping Center.
Check in was fast and efficient. The lobby was slightly small, but comfortable.I made good use of the Mango Tree restaurant and room service. Prices for meals were affordable. The waiters that served me during my stay were very attentive and friendly. I had problems with WiFi access in my room as it kept dropping, and had a slight delay during checkout.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank BarnabyBen

We apologize for any inconvenience created and have noted your points. The issues you noted have been addressed so you should not have any future such related challenges.

Reviewed 16 April 2011

If you are into the knocking of pans, truck horns all night then here is perfect. For me NO!

Maybe its just the room #306

GRRRR!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank GWISDOM

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The noise being described would likely have come from the Pegasus parking lot, which the back of our property abuts. We have however since then, had discussions with them regarding noise control and that type disturbance has since been abated.
We have likewise installed, double exit doors to help contain the noise of pots and pans being shifted about.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I have been going back to Jamaica since 1970 just about every year since migrating in 1969. I became addicted to one major hotel in the heart of Kingston and no matter the bad service, the small outdated rooms, the high price I found I could not stay any place else. I loved the life of the lobby, some of the amenities and the staff I have come to know over the years. I have been through a few renovations too with them. A few times I tried to get recognition for being the longest, consistent visitor to their hotel, a gold medal, life member discount or something for my years of faithful service. They have given me a few discounts over the years. Three years ago I discovered Altamont Court Hotel not as big, not as busy but compared to my addiction measured right up and I have been going there since. It is a small family property, great location and reasonably priced. I find the rooms no worst than than this other big hotel I was addicted to. So, if you are looking for a place in New Kingston, check it out. I am late with my review but better late than never. I am getting ready to head back May 2011. Hope to see you there!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Titch66

We thank you for the business....... keep coming back.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

The Altamount Court Hotel is in a great location in New Kinston Jamaica. It is within walking distance of many amenities and also has easy access to taxi and transit. The room I stayed in was reasonably clean. I had a quiet and comfortable sleep. Free internet in the Business Centre. General staff was pretty friendly, front desk seemed to be a mix between moody and pleasant. With all these great things I still can't help but feel I didn't quite get my moneys worth. The atmosphere is sort of a tired worn out version of the pictures shown on the website. I had been looking forward to taking a dip in the pool but after noticing all the floating debris I had to take a pass. Food in the restaurant was delicious but expensive with small portions. I would recommend checking out the Hot Pot just around the corner for a wider cheaper selection of local dishes. Good news is they were doing some renovations during my stay. I might try giving this hotel one more try to see if those changes help, because again the location is awesome. Otherwise I might just pay a little extra and go to a close by hotel with superior quality and service.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Mizclaudi

We apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. We have noted the lack of attention in the maintenance issues you highlighted and have made corrections in the way we manage and monitor such matters. we thank you for keeping the door open and giving us an opportunity to get it right for you.

Reviewed 26 February 2011

My fiancee and I LOVE this hotel. Clean VERY quiet, excellent customer service.Very comfortable King size bed. Great value for the money. We planned to stop over one night and stayed for 4.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shankishek

We thank you for your kind comments and are happy you enjoyed your stay..... keep coming back.