“Nice Hotel”

Altamont Court Hotel Kingston
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have stayed here several times and I this place to be very clean the staff very friendly the security is always helpful, the restaurant staff is always very nice. My only fault is that a lot f functions are always going on until late hours and I find that very disturbing because I had trouble sleeping. Apart from that it is a good hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Islandqueen4u
chrisaction, General Manager at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

We thank you for your comments. We apologize for the disturbances that were caused by any functions. For your information, we no longer have functions on the open air terrace going beyond 11pm.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

New Kingston is one of the better sections of Kingston and where most of the nicer business hotels are located. It's about a 30USD taxi ride from Norman Manley Airport. The Altamont is located within a few minutes walking distance of much higher priced hotels in this area, so I thought for 50-100 less a night this would be a great place to stay. I was right.

The hotel is clean and I felt safe staying there (it was my first time in Kingston and I was traveling alone) The grounds were well kept and the tropical plants, trees and flowers gave me that feeling "that I was on an Island." The courtyard part of the hotel was totally overtaken with tropical foliage. It was pretty cool to experience that just walking to my room. The pics from my door were "facebook worthy." The room its self was clean and neat and well appointed. My only complaint would be that the airconditioner wasn't working well...and this was January!

The breakfast was included in the price of a night's stay and was very hearty. Your choice of traditional Jamaican foods, which I ate, or more typical eggs and sausage. The pool and hot tub were closed for cleaning both nights I was there which wasn't horrible for me, but If I were looking forward to it I may have been upset. The front desk staff was extremely helpful answering any questions I had with a sincere smile.

There is security at the gate, but there was no problem with inviting my local friends over to visit. The dance club called Quad is like two blocks away and I could hear the bass from the music in my room which wasn't too cool, but as my friends said, "Welcome to Jamaica!"

The location is great. Easy walk to anything on Knutsford BLVD...atms, places to eat, a gas station/convienience store and you could even walk to the Wyndam llike I did to visit their outdoor bar/pool area which is very nice. One night there was a pretty cool karaoke show going on.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank cante87

We thank you for your comments. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I asked for information to send a wire transfer before I arrived, it has caused me no amount of worry, stress and embarrassment, Firstly, the customer service rep in giving information was spelling challenged. Secondly, when asked for correct information to be given so that I could conclude the transaction as soon as I returned to my country, the information was totally incorrect and at 9.59pm on a Friday night I received new information having already redone the transaction.on The Thursday prior to the new info that was sent.
When I arrived at the hotel and saw the room that I was given I was totally unimpressed because it did not have the amenities as advertised. I was transferred to the Alexander suite. In the daytime It was great, come nigh time there was a generator at a location nearby that caused some sleepless nights. After all this I was too tired to complain. I must say at the breakfast area I was well treated and attended too on time. The staff there was marvelous. The front desk staff some of whom I interacted with I have made friends with. The issues raised are constructive criticisms so that they can be made aware of their shortcomings in order to improve on them. It is in no way personal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Simonese
chrisaction, General Manager at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

We apologize for any inconvenience created and have noted your points. The issues you noted have been addressed so you should not have such related challenges.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

This is my second stay here in Altimont hotel,my first stay the frontdesk promise me a small ref. in my room.It wasn't happened.This time I requested cutlery in room,again nobody delivered it.Awhile after I requested again to spray cause my room has plenty mosquitoes.Everybody just promising but never happened.I hoped the management read this.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Ariel O
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

I have read your comments and appreciate the fact that there needed to be some retraining regarding our approach in the delivery of acceptable customer service standards. Since your stay however I am happy to report that we have made numerous changes, chief among them being a reinforcement of a new level of interest in customer satisfaction which means that in-house training has become more regular as we now have a trainer in house. We have likewise been more vigilant regarding the monitoring of our pest control needs. Keep in mind though that mosquitoes are migratory and in our tropical climate may be seen (and felt) a bit more frequently than elsewhere. we hope you give us a second chance and this time we will keep our promise.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed at the Altamont in March 2010 (not December) and was very satisfied. The staff was courteous and the daily complimentary breakfast was very delicious. The room was clean and everything was in working condition. This isnt a 5-star resort but it is affordable and worth the money compared to other more pricey hotels in the area. I didn't eat lunch or dinner here but if it was anything like the breakfast then you should be good. There is also a restaurant less than 50 feet away from the entrance. There weren't any activities at the hotel but they did hold a church service there on Sunday morning. Theres also one computer with internet access. The bathroom was VERY clean (which is important to me) and the room was tiled throughout. Hope I didn't ramble too much. Overall great hotel with very few amenities but worth the money.

Room Tip: Our room was toward the back of the property and was very quiet on the second floor. It didn't h...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chiney_Traveler

Thank you for your patronage.we hope you come again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at the court twice in a two year period ,and found the hotel to be suitable for solo ,family or business trip.The professional ,friendly and helpful staff was something to talk about from i checked in until i left.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wish to visit Kingston and Jamaica on a whole.

Room Tip: second floor was great each time
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Byron G

We thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Very friendly reception and cleaning staff , ideal location for what I needed and walking distance to night clubs and restaurants.
Approximately 30 minutes driving from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mdshaw

We thank you for your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.