“Modest and well priced hotel”

Altamont Court Hotel Kingston
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 6 April 2009

This hotel was ok for the price.
Central location right next to the Hilton and local stores
It was comfortable bed,room spacious enough..
I stayed for one night and felt it was adequate.
Had a good free breakfast with 3 choices of meals.
I would stay here again since its reasonably priced and central..walking distance to most places

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
chrisaction, General Manager at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

We thank you for your comments. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 February 2009

I work in the music business and with alot of Jamaicans, but only went to Jamaica for the first time this past October. I stayed at both the Hilton & The Altamont and had a much better experience at the Altamont. The charm of the hotel is just lovely. Checking in & out was super simple and hassle free not to mention the staff was curtious & helpful . The first room I checked into didn't have a working telephone but I was quickly relocated (to a better room at that!) and have no further problems. The complimentary breakfast offered traditional foods, not your typical 'continental' type which I really appreciated. The property is charming and cute, romantic to say the least. I will be returning to Jamaica more often and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2008

I spent 7 nights at the Altamont on a business trip. It was recommended by a local colleague after I rebelled at the $200 + per night rates (w/ tax) of the Hilton, Pegasus, etc. With tax it was $128/night which included breakfast (adequate, nothing fancy but plenty of serve yourself coffee) and the wireless internet connection in the room worked well as did all the other amenities (AC, TV, hot water, etc). For dinner the restaurant is pricey and you are much better off hitting some of the options within a couple of blocks walking distance (Hot Pot, Garden something, others), but if you have to eat there it is "OK".

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

We thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. We continue to look at ways to improve our service delivery to our guests so we have carefully noted your comments regarding pricing.

Reviewed 10 November 2008

This is one of the best hotels in Kingston. My family and I were there for Christmas time.

From the time we checked in the staff was nothing but professional. We got the suite (with the loft), and the room was clean, and well lit nothing was out of place.

The breakfast was really good, and the food was always served hot. The best thing about this hotel is how close it is to the restaurants and shopping centers.

The only problem is that the internet service in the room was a bit slow, but other than that everything was fantastic.

We'll be going back to Jamaica in April (the 9th to be exact), and we have already made reservations.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

We thank you for your comments. The internet since the time of your stay has been improved with several additional antennae. We hope you have the opportunity to return to experience of expanded and improved offerings

Reviewed 2 November 2008

We stayed here on our last night in Jamaica. The check in was slow, but we madeit through. We were on the third floor and there is no elevator.

Upon arriving to the room- I walked in and saw an ashtray. I asked the person helping us with our bags was this a none smoking room. He said all the rooms are non smoking. I would think an ashtray would be a decoy.

The light over the dresser did not work. My husband found a condom pack in the bedside dresser drawer. The ironing board cover was not replaced, but rather they placed something on it that does not fit the board. I just used my own iron, because there iron could not be moved.

My husband swan in the pool which was clean, but we would not recommend the jacuzzi because it's old and rusted, and once turned on smelled like it.

Two of the chairs at the table needed to be replaced.

The good thing is that you can walk to get food and to sight see without driving.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

We apologize for the poor product/service delivery, particularly as it concerns your guest room. We can assure you that the issues raised (having to do with deficiencies in the housekeeping housekeeping) have been most firmly addressed and the methods of room inspections and general quality control standards have been improved. What you described is totally unacceptable and will not be repeated.

Reviewed 6 August 2008

I look at Jamacia as a second home having stayed at various resorts, but this is the first time I stayed at a property that was on the Hip Strip and I'm glad that I did. From the moment I entered the Lobby I felt as though I was still at home. The Altamont is the W Hotel chain's carribbean competition. It was so lovely. Having the staff greet me by name let me know that the managment team takes pride in knowing every guest. In my line of work I travel on business often, but knowning that when I'm in Jamaica on business staying at the Altamont is like being at home is well worth its weight in gold.

Clean room, comfortable covered patio/lobby that allowed me to read the morning paper in style. I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels, but I must admit I wasn't ready to go home. I'm looking forward to my next visit as I don't plan on staying any where else, but the Altamont. The Altamont Hotel is my new choice hotel and I look forward to the brand's future expansion across the carribbean.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Mr_Nowling

We thank you for your comments and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stayed at the Altamont for a week and were disappointed for the following reasons:

1) they tried to change the suite we booked (the largest room they had since we had 5 people) when we arrived even though we had re-confirmed with them a few days before arriving

2) pool's filter was broken so the pool and jacuzzi were very hazy. My kids didn't mind but I did

3) pull out couch in the room smelled of urine

4) food was mediocre - the breakfast was included but when you ordered, they would only give you the first two options and I had to ask if other options were available after seeing other people eating them

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

We thank you for your comments. We apologize for the seemingly poor experience you had while staying with us. We have since then made major changes in the product offering as well as the way we follow up on the maintenance and general cleaning of our furnishings.We understand that this ought to be standard and acknowledge that there may have been lapses that needed to be addressed. We have done so and invite you to come and judge our new and improved service and facilities.