“Worst hotel ever!!!”
Review of Mayfair Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Mayfair Hotel
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
New York City, New York
“Worst hotel ever!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is disgusting!!! I booked this hotel for 5 nights and when I got there I wanted to scream its filthy and run down the only reason I stayed one night ia because I got to Jamaica at 2 a.m and I didnt want to be driving around that late to find another place. I couldn't sleep! the place is full of mosquitoes and the a/c works when it feels like it. I couldn't wait for the sun to come out so I could leave!!! Oh and customer service is terrible! This place deserves no stars!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
13 Thank Sonewyork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nothing here is true, the desk employees were rude and unhelpful. The room was disgusting and very disappointing it was very dirty and not even live able. The door was broken and made us worry because it took us about 10 minutes to open the door. The balcony door was also broken and because it wouldn't close a lot of bugs got in. The bathroom was disgusting and there was dirt everywhere, the shower was just horrible and the water hardly worked. The pool is not what you see either there was holes everywhere and the color of the pool was green. There was stray cats everywhere that jumped on people. I had no wifi in my room as they promised I had to go downstairs outside for wifi. This hotel was a HOT MESS it was a terrible experience for me and my family. This place is a disgrace it's not even good enough to be called a hotel. The only thing I enjoyed was the food. The cooks and the servers were the only friendly people there! We left the next day because we couldn't handle the disgusting dirty area. When we talked to the manager all he had was excuses and promised that he would give us a discount if we come back which will never happen. It also took forever to find it because there was no signs and if we didn't reach late we would've left the same night. They need to take down the misleading untruthful pictures.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Anna M

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This property has the potential to be much better than it is, mainly due to it's unique exterior and its "not very obvious location" . For $70-90/night it still could be better but it isn't, the grounds are not well kept the room lack more than the bare essentials, there is surprisingly a lot of night noise, its pretty run down and "make shift". Not much positives here, but if you're on a tight budget just need some place to crash for a night or two try this place.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the lowest costs rooms, they are really bad.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charleston G
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Don't expect too much from this hotel. I recently booked a standard room and I was sorely disappointed when I walked in and saw cracked walls with the paint peeling. The walls were dirty. The overall look and feel of the hotel scream outdated. The staff at the front desk was neither friendly nor helpful. I asked for a room change and I was quickly dismissed and told there were no rooms available; an apology would have at least help to soften to blow but I guess I expected too much where quality customer service is concerned.

The front desk agent even hung up on me before I finished speaking - there were no more rooms available and that was the end of our conversation whether I was finish speaking or not. I do not accept the premise that because the standard rooms are economical the condition of the room and service has to be sub-standard.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kipperson s
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Honestly what more can you ask for for $70/night? Because I travel often to Kingston, I choose low-budget places like here. It's a common thing for me to do anywhere I go. This place couldn't have offered a better value. The rooms are clean, there's hot water, and the entire environment is clean and peaceful. There's also a pool, restaurant and a live pub conveniently located on the same compound. The staff is very friendly. The only problem I found is diffuculty getting wifi. They do have free wifi, but if you have non-Apple phones, you're gonna have a hard time recovering the wifi from your room so you have to visit the main office often. Also, the food at the restaurant is a bit pricey so I try my best to stay away.

Luckily, Half Way Tree, the local shopping center is only a short 20 minute walk away, if that. You can also get into a taxi for about $3 to there. I often found myself eating and shopping here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This one is more like a guest area than a star hotel. You will experience ambient and pleasant neighborhood. You will what you paid for. As of cleanliness, we can request for service or change of room if you are not satisfied. They try to accommodate guest's needs - solo or group. Few my friends when it in a group as well. They are flexible. You pay better price for deluxe service. Expect a home like experience than a posh service. I will give them easily 3.5 stars to 4 stars.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Navya L
Tubingen, Germany
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Second time in this hotel. Chose it again bec it is pretty good located, just round the corner of Devon House. The grounds are pleasant and friendly. But the rooms are so run down, it is a shame. Take a bucket of paint and re-paint the whole thing,can't be too expensive. Make one cleaning lady wash all the TILES in the bathrooms ! Exchange the one or the other sink. Buy new sheets that do not come off mattress when visitor turns in his bed at night. .(..)Even small improvements could be made and would show the visitor a " good will" of keeping the whole thing nice for them . But why should they, if things are running without further improvement...make and take something of visitor's feed-back !

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family