“Rude staff- horrible hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Medallion Hall Hotel
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
“Rude staff- horrible hotel”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed here during a quick business trip, had stayed here many times in the 1990's when I traveled more often for business to the Island. This used to be a good little B&B, not really a hotel. The staff used to be pleasant and friendly. Compared to my recent experience, the staff is rude and not attentive, especially the woman the other staff members identified as the owner's daughter. She certainly did not represent the property or her father well. She was rude and condescending. She could do with a few lessons in civility and customer service. The rooms are tired and need a overhaul.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank CTmacan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Montserrat
Reviewed 1 August 2011

> Noisy - late hour receptions and odd timing conferences and being right next a set of stop lights is the icing on the cake.
>Substandard service - front desk closes at 11pm......WHY???? Making outside calls on the room phone is a hassle. Some rooms only have ONE key and your room does not always get cleaned daily. Staff needs to be trained PROPERLY. Some lack courtesy.
Bellhop does not exist. You better have light luggage to get up the stairs!!
>Its literally an IRON BOARD!! 1/4 inch steel bent and welded together + a plywood covered with a random sheet. You do not get one with the room. They are shared among the guests.
>Balcony rails need repainting! Paint is THICK and flaking off. THEY PAINTED SHUT the latches for the room windows.....guess they don't work.

Hotel needs R E F U R B I S H I N G ! ! ! In fact, it need a total overhaul.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Zeenage

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Out of Town
Reviewed 15 May 2011

An intruder tried to get into the room around 3:00 am the last morning of our stay. Windows were quite loose. Thank God I was awake praying. If I was asleep God only knows what could have happened. When we pulled the curtain back suddenly and scream we came face to face with the intruder with only the shakey window between us standing on an approximately one foot ledge. He was taken by surprise and took off. The security phone line was busy for over 20 minutes while I tried to report the incident.Thank God He watched over us for the police did not show for over an hour. Thank God it was not a medical emergency. Thank God He is our refuge.

Room Tip: If possible go see room before you accept.
Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Cust0mer11
Scarborough
Reviewed 16 November 2010

The place is in need of some improvement..although from what I've seen, they're working on it. The continental breakfast is rather small, the rooms feel musty and operating the tv is annoying as the remote controls aren't properly set up. There were some some spots in the bathroom and overall it isn't a good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gone_aforeign
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2010

This had to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They had conventions every night so it was always loud and busy. When we left and returned back to the hotel there was no parking spots. The walls were dirty with chipped paint. The furniture in the rooms was worn and old. The chairs and floor were dirty. I was in a room above the kitchen. The staff was so loud I could not hear my tv and they woke me up in the morning times with loud nosy and talking. The first night I did not have any air in my room in 80 degree weather. The second and third nights I had no water. They offered me a container of water to wash in. By the third night I was so mad and disappointed that I could do nothing but cry. If I ever go back to Jamaica I will not stay at the Medallion Hall Hotel. The only thing that I have to say good about the Medallion is the staff was polite. WARNING! DO NOT STAY AT THE MEDALLION!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank grivers36
St. Louis
Reviewed 2 January 2010

When I visit Kingston I generally stay at the Medallion on Hope Road.

The Medallion is a Victorian-era structure, located 'uptown' and an easy 5 minute walk to Bob Marley House. I have always gotten a clean, spare, utilitarian room adequate to my needs. This is NOT a 'service-intense' hotel, but if you are satisfied to have a safe and usable room and not expecting resort-level care, it's quite sufficient. Water is hot, the female staff is civil if a bit easy-going, and if you do not care to eat here there are several restaurants east on Hope Rd (as well as an upscale-Jamaican shopping mall)
nearby. A security guard is on-hand and tends to be helpful and friendly. Also, the cost per night is considerably less than you will spend at other (perhaps better-known)
hotels in Kingston. There are also some quite nice, friendly & safe bars in the neighborhood.

More than once, after a warm and demanding day in Jamaica's biggest urban space,
driving into the gates of the Medallion elicited a sigh of relaxation. Again, if you are expecting a resort, go elsewhere, but this place suits me fine when in Kingston.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Foreign-Man
new haven ct
Reviewed 7 November 2009

The place was just okay it is in a great location across the street from tgif. Which is a good place to hang out after dark. The staff was very pleasant. tending to all my needs. The water was hot when I showered. The food was good when I ate there.it cost me less than a dollar us to get to town by taxi. My boyfriend is a local he said the food was overpriced. def seen it when I went in to town. the room was cleaned daily and def after reading the reviews was very weary. buy overall a good experiences in walking distance to the Kings house. and bob marley museum. I would stay again. but would reccomend paying in there currency you will save everytime.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple