“Hotel Has A Bad Reputation”

Olympia Crown Hotel
and 1 more site!
Olympia Crown Hotel
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hotel Has A Bad Reputation”
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I have read the previous reviews on Trip Advisor and wanted to give Olympia Crown a try since I was on a budget. The hotel was situated near Half Way Tree bus terminal. The area wasn't too great. The outside appearance was OK. The customer service was welcoming at first. The lady at the front desk was very helpful, and nice. However, we later found out she made a lot of mistakes with our check in. We had to pay a deposit for the remote control, and iron. Yet, every other minute room service would take the iron to allow someone else to use it and we wouldn't recieve the iron until hours even days later. Tip: iron all of your clothes at once then return it and get back your money.
THE ROOM wasn't nice at all. The hallways leading to the room were very ugly like an old abandoned school type of look. The room was missing a shower head, and it took them 3 days to give us one and they refused to give us a new room. The poles on the sink kept falling down. The A/C was very dirty, and the room was very dusty. The art in the room consisted of big posters of LION KING! And room service was horrible! It took them two hours to bring us juice. In addition everymorning they would wake me up by banging on the door to ask a ridicule question. Later I found out by a few locals that this hotel reputation is a place you use as a BROTHEL!!
Do not stay at this hotel if you are planning to stay there longer than 6 hours a day. Do not depend on this hotel to serve you nice food, help explain the surronding area, phone calls, etc. WORST HOTEL ALMOST RUINED VACATION

Stayed March 2008
5 Thank meccasbeauty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 6 January 2008

There was nothing particularly outstanding or beautiful about the hotel, but it did have all the little amenities for a nice stay if you have to stay in the city. A staff member let us look at several rooms, and we choose a room with two queen beds with clean white linens, very airy and lots of light, view of the pool, cable tv, mini fridge, and by far the best water pressure we had during our ten day stay in JA. It's conveniently located in Half-way tree. We never saw anyone in the restaurant, wasnt sure if it was open; no ice machine but we got block ice from the bar. All the staff were helpful. We paid $60 for room with a/c.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank fatnice
England
Reviewed 9 October 2006

I would like to say a big thank you to all those who made my stay at the hotel enjoyable. Your hotel was recommended to me whilst I was in Jamaica last month and I am now highly recemmending it to my friends and family back in England. Keep up the good work and I hope to seen you all again when I return in January 2007.

Best Wishes
Miss Chrouch

• Liked — it was clean and well maintained
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Tips/Secrets — In my opinion this hotel is excellent value for money.
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Jamenglish
Reviewed 17 May 2006

I went to visit my wife and was surprised to learn that she had made plans for us to stay in this Hotel.
I was warmly received by a lovely lady, by the name of Marie Haughton (she is the supervisor). She was so respectful to me and my wife. She gave me a lovely room with a window facing the swimming pool.
No mosquitos, this was good for me because I did not want to be sick with malaria fever.
There is a huge TV in the lounge, where you can come and seat when alone.
There is a lovely kitchen with delicious food, especially the broiled fish dish, with reasonable prices.
The Hotel is located near all transportation, stores. I used to go to the the Mandela Park, where lots of people spend their hot evenings cooling off with friends and lovers.
The rooms are reasonably priced.All I can say is that I enjoyed my stay in this Hotel, I will always stay in this hotel.
Issa Bangura
USA

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2003

I stayed in the Olympia Crown Hotel in Feb 1999 & it met all of my requirements. It was clean and compfortable with a pool, bar/restaurant and tennis court. The staff were also welcoming.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 February 2002

the olympia crown hotel is a rather nice hotel it is by no means a luxury hotel their is a pool and tennis court a weight room and a great view from the rooftop. i spent a week last march at the crown and am going back this march and cant wait

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member