“VERY GOOD PLACE TO STAY”

Olympia Crown Hotel
Olympia Crown Hotel
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
London
“VERY GOOD PLACE TO STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

I stayed at the Olympia Crown Hotel from the 17 Dec '09 to the 4 Jan '10. It was a very good place to say and great value for money despite the reviews that I read before going.

I stayed in room 49 and felt confident enough to leave my money in my room and it remained untouched (this was something that was a concern of mine!) One of the domestic cleaners Keyshia was a hard working lady, always going the extra mile. I would definitely stay here again due to its location and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
7 Thank mitired

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Paragon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Our missionary group was booked into this hotel for 10 nights. Before I started writing this review I tried very hard to think of ONE single good thing to say about the hotel. The ONLY good thing I could come up with is that we had plenty of hot water for showers. That's it. That is all of the good.

The room was not clean. And it didn't seem to be getting anything in the way of daily cleaning. The beds were spread up each day, yes, and clean towels left.......although several times that didn't happen (towels) and we had to call for towels (once we were even told "we don't have any clean towels)....and almost every day there were no clean drinking glasses and we had to call and on and on and on................

The hallways, lobby and restaurant were so hot that it was hard to even function when having to be in them. The room itself was cooled by an old window a/c that only worked on one setting and sounded like a jet plane engine it was so loud.

Food in the restaurant was dismal. Service in the restaurant was the same.

My husband tried calling me several times and was told that the phone in my room didn't work. He kept trying and finally got through and thereafter was able to do so.....go figure.

The lobby at first glance was kind of pretty, but, on a more close look was incredibly dusty and dirty and there were swarms of tiny ants living in there.

I asked for hangers to put my clothes on. "I doubt we can give any but will try" was what I was told. I was never brought any hangers. One of our other team members had some brought to her and she shared them with me and they were horrible, bent, dirty.

Hopefully I will never find my group booked into this place again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
10 Thank Kathy4HIM

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

First of all the area was dismal and dusty, however i still decided to check out the hotel since I didnt want to judge a book by its cover. Lets just say i didn't even want to read that book. The rooms were clean yet they seemed gloomy and there wasn't much light in the staircase and along the corridors. From inside the room there was no scenery to look to. The hotel had a general run down feel. After i visited Sunset Inn on Altacourt drive, which was just as reasonably priced but the overall feel was much better.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank everreadytraveler
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2008

I have read the previous reviews on Trip Advisor and wanted to give Olympia Crown a try since I was on a budget. The hotel was situated near Half Way Tree bus terminal. The area wasn't too great. The outside appearance was OK. The customer service was welcoming at first. The lady at the front desk was very helpful, and nice. However, we later found out she made a lot of mistakes with our check in. We had to pay a deposit for the remote control, and iron. Yet, every other minute room service would take the iron to allow someone else to use it and we wouldn't recieve the iron until hours even days later. Tip: iron all of your clothes at once then return it and get back your money.
THE ROOM wasn't nice at all. The hallways leading to the room were very ugly like an old abandoned school type of look. The room was missing a shower head, and it took them 3 days to give us one and they refused to give us a new room. The poles on the sink kept falling down. The A/C was very dirty, and the room was very dusty. The art in the room consisted of big posters of LION KING! And room service was horrible! It took them two hours to bring us juice. In addition everymorning they would wake me up by banging on the door to ask a ridicule question. Later I found out by a few locals that this hotel reputation is a place you use as a BROTHEL!!
Do not stay at this hotel if you are planning to stay there longer than 6 hours a day. Do not depend on this hotel to serve you nice food, help explain the surronding area, phone calls, etc. WORST HOTEL ALMOST RUINED VACATION

Stayed March 2008
5 Thank meccasbeauty
Milford, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2008

There was nothing particularly outstanding or beautiful about the hotel, but it did have all the little amenities for a nice stay if you have to stay in the city. A staff member let us look at several rooms, and we choose a room with two queen beds with clean white linens, very airy and lots of light, view of the pool, cable tv, mini fridge, and by far the best water pressure we had during our ten day stay in JA. It's conveniently located in Half-way tree. We never saw anyone in the restaurant, wasnt sure if it was open; no ice machine but we got block ice from the bar. All the staff were helpful. We paid $60 for room with a/c.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank fatnice
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2006

I would like to say a big thank you to all those who made my stay at the hotel enjoyable. Your hotel was recommended to me whilst I was in Jamaica last month and I am now highly recemmending it to my friends and family back in England. Keep up the good work and I hope to seen you all again when I return in January 2007.

Best Wishes
Miss Chrouch

• Liked — it was clean and well maintained
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Tips/Secrets — In my opinion this hotel is excellent value for money.
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Jamenglish
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2006

I went to visit my wife and was surprised to learn that she had made plans for us to stay in this Hotel.
I was warmly received by a lovely lady, by the name of Marie Haughton (she is the supervisor). She was so respectful to me and my wife. She gave me a lovely room with a window facing the swimming pool.
No mosquitos, this was good for me because I did not want to be sick with malaria fever.
There is a huge TV in the lounge, where you can come and seat when alone.
There is a lovely kitchen with delicious food, especially the broiled fish dish, with reasonable prices.
The Hotel is located near all transportation, stores. I used to go to the the Mandela Park, where lots of people spend their hot evenings cooling off with friends and lovers.
The rooms are reasonably priced.All I can say is that I enjoyed my stay in this Hotel, I will always stay in this hotel.
Issa Bangura