“Relaxing! My daughter and I had a wonderful time.”
Review of Hotel Prestige

Hotel Prestige
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I came to the hotel because all other hotels in New Kingston were full. Never knew this place. Came in the afternoon of 6.25.13, met Ms. White at the front desk. Very pleasant and helpful lady. All ac rooms were full so I was shown some rooms which offered 2. Fans. We made ourselves comfortable. We ordered dinner and began our stay. We stayed until 7.3.13 and I must say I love the hospitality of the staff only 1 or 2 ladies in the office wasn't quite friendly. Ms. Lorna and oops I forgot her name the staff in the kitchen fed us our food well. The cleaning crew Ms. Nikki, shortie and Ms. Ivonne. Made sure our room was cleaned every morning. Excellent job ladies. Security crew was up to standard. The staff was very helpful with infomation of how to get. Around town if you want be a local. I will be back by the grace of God for another stay. This place is a excellent stay for me because all my friends resides in Kingston. Easy to get the downtow n and halfway Tree, Cross Roads.
If you need some fruits a lady by the name of Ms.Marva is on the main road (east kingshouse Rd) selling banana. Then there a dread across the street at the ball field selling EastIndian and Julie mangoes.
I have a few constructive ideas for the owner. Once the renovation is completed I would suggest mesh for the windows of the rooms that has no AC, so we could leave the windows open for the natural air to come in. Secondly, telephones for the rooms. And I pushing this one free wii fii for the room. To brighten up the hotel more outside paint job needs. To be popping. Just like youhave the outside walls looking fabulous.
Prestige, I wish your establishment all the best. Keep trying to excell.
Love
Hilary & Hilary

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank QueenHilary

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The rooms are good and clean, the pool is a big plus, the location is alright.

I was warned about the staff beforehand. Only one of them seems to think she is in service business. The rest seem not to like their jobs. But you will get what you need by asking. Order your food 1h before. There is one person in the kitchen.

Im used to travelling backpackers style but also know pricy hotels. This is a hostel. The beds are comfortable and facilities are nice. If you are looking for a place with full, fast services this is not your place. This is good for budget travellers who still want their own rooms and toilettes.

During my 2 weeks stay I saw solo travellers, groups of friends and families vacating this hostel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank PetraEveliina
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The best thing in this hotel is the pool and the view. I think the value-price ratio is quite fine, it's not so easy to find a cheap hotel with pool in Kingston. Stuff was friendly, but cleaning was not very good. We were 3 people in the same room but we never got 3 towels, usually only one and when we asked more it could took hours just to get the towels. The rooms were quite different, some have patio some don't, some have air-conditioning, some don't, some have tv and so on...
Anyway, I could stay here again and for the price we payed I think we got what we expected.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marra27
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The hotel/motel is ok, but dont expect any luxus. The stuff is alright, and they care about safety of the guests. The cheaper rooms have shared bathroom, however its keeped clean.
I would recommand it to students or people who arent searching for luxury

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank MeggieCZ
Reviewed 20 July 2011

It is a good choice for someone who has or does not have $$ for they have different kinds of rooms, the staff is loyal, friendly and very hospitable. A safe place. I've been there several times in different seasons and I wouldnt stay anywhere else. its centric, clean, safe.

The time I tried to stay at an upgraded hotel, it turned out to be worse!! had to go back to what I knew for sure! better, cleaner, safer than other "pricier better choices..."

Room Tip: the rooms facing the mountain are the best, quieter, more private
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank taka87
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Prestige formally known as Sandhurst for many of us who are familiar with hotels vs. a motel setting, let it be known, this is a motel like setting. The price is reasonable and most of the staff are pleasant. The pool was nothing special, comfortable but not the best. I mean for a hotel in the middle of really no where that you feel comfortable walking alone the grounds should offer more than what they do. My sistren and I ofcourse meeting for the first time in Jamaica explored in the early evening and day to the mall which is close by but I mean your in Kingston so you always have to beware. The area is nice, beautiful homes but things are all a distance away so you will need a taxi service and they do provide information and also transportation is available if you want to go anywhere. You will see alot of artists that pass through this motel. The bob marley museum is very close by (walking distance) it is quiet and the security is available but still once you leave the gates you are pretty much on your own. If you have the money to pay to travel around you can stay here for a good price. The room we were in was just perfect, hot water and comfortable. We were not suppose to go on the veranda top floor but they seemed really cool with us. If you know locals like we did then you will be fine here. We were not comfortable with the home that we were suppose to stay in as they didn't really have running water, a shower curtain lol and it was a tight squeeze so PRESTIGE was paradise! We also went to Montego Bay for 7 nights and then came back to PRESTIGE. If your new to Jamaica and have the cash to spend on drivers to go to places that you would like to see, STAY HERE. No phones in the room but they have high speed internet and a peaceful clean setting. LOVE JAMAICA.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank SensiMina
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Since the economy is bad i was looking for a reasonable place to stay, I read the comments but i decided despite the comments Im gonna check it out. i came with 8 visitors to the hotel. And of course this was a small hotel so i brought a lot of business to the hotel not to mention we decided to stay a week since we would be on the road most of the times. The guard was rude, on evening i came in and he had his shirt off in the hall way with the radio load as ever, I went to get a manage and he warned him. The receptionist proceeded to beg my guess clothes for her baby, and every minute they walked around to my room to see how many people were in the room. I told them people would be in and out of the hotel since i was getting married I had alot of visitors, i felt so uncomfortable and not to mention the horrible service. I would never in a million years stay here again. The rooms don't even have phones, this is a motel....not a hotel!!!!stay away!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family