“Neita's Nest, better than home !”
Review of Neita's Nest

Neita's Nest
Ranked #1 of 29 Kingston B&B and Inns
Bruges, Belgium
“Neita's Nest, better than home !”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Went for a 2 weeks vacation in Kingston for my 50th birthday.
All starts at the airport, Michelle was waiting for me to pick me up {arranged airport transfert},
A warm welcome, like you are a family’s friend, and on the way “home”, Michelle was already
explaining where we drive and what we saw on our way!
I cannot say enough about Neita’s Nest, Michelle and Chairmaine!
Rooms are comfortable and clean, the bed is very comfy, in the private bathroom is everything you need.
The breakfasts en dinner I had, are of superior quality, and always Jamaican, learnd a lot of new fruits and vegetables, just yummy! Thank you Chairmaine, you are the best :-)
The view from the veranda is relaxing especially when enjoying the morning breakfast.
Michelle is a very knowledgeable about Kingston and where to go or get things, an amazing help!
Thank you again Michelle for the dinner I got for my 50th birthday, the guests you invited where so sweet, the food was outstanding, what a start of my vacation!
There is only one negative thing to say about Neita’s Nest….I had to flight back home :-(
But, I did already arrangements for next year, and instead to stay 2 weeks, I will stay 3 weeks,
Can’t wait to be back again !
Prince Rasta

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
There is nothing more encouraging than a guest with an eye for detail, whose feed back is overwhelmingly positive. And there is nothing more rewarding in this business than a guest who wants to return even before leaving.

Rasta_Baby, we appreciate your encouragement and value your business. We look forward to hosting you, and it will be sooner than you think.

Regards,
Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Thanks to a recommendation from a friend and a last minute reservation, my husband and I found Neita's Nest. It is located in a tranquil setting and is an excellent place to relax and be pampered.

Michelle Neita is a very gracious and personable hostess who puts her guests first. Charmaine, the housekeeper, willing took care of all our needs and is an excellent cook. The rooms are clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The view from the verandah is breathtaking - whether it is having breakfast overlooking the mist covered mountains or having a glass of wine looking down at the lights of the city.

Wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks Michelle and Charmaine.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BarbaraD2_12
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
In the short time we shared we found that we had more than a friend in common, Barbara. We too wished that you could have stayed longer, but are happy that you enjoyed the time spent here at Neita's Nest., and hope that we have at least peaked your interest in coming back for more.

Cheers,
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Neita's Nest was not my first accommodation in Jamaica, but it was the first place to have had dinner! Despite the beautiful view you get when you are at Neita's Nest, I was touched by the warmth I received here, a truly Jamaican experience. Having spent many days in Jamaica already, this place summed up my experiences, beautiful spectacular view of mountain scenery, food, stories and the warmth of Jamaican people! This is the image that has stayed in my mind about Jamaica and thanks to Neita's Nest!

neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
You know, Zodwa, we deem it an honour to have guests from all over the world stay with us here at Neita's Nest. But when they come from far away places, such as South Africa, as you have, we are indeed humbled.
It is just wonderful to know that the images which you have taken home of Jamaica are positive ones; "beautiful spectacular view of mountain scenery, food, stories and the warmth of Jamaican people". Yes, what you experienced at Neita's Nest is "truly Jamaican", and I hear that South Africa is not dissimilar. I look forward to visiting your country one day.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I suppose that as a writer, I will think of one of the books I love to describe Neita's Nest. The one that came to mind was Hardy's Far From The Madding Crowd. As a story teller,I looked across at those beautiful hills, and thought how pregnant with stories they were; how in between,life throbbed. But, I was away from it all, able to see and contemplate, imagine, without touching. The food was the best ackee and saltfish I had ever had. I had been anticipating the meal from the time I knew I was coming to Jamaica. It did not disappoint.Good food, a wonderful view of mountains, valleys and twinkling lights, a charming hostess.....life is good. Eintou

neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
You are indeed a writer, Eintou. Your review is at once poetic and lyrical, just waiting to be put to music. You are correct. There is many a story to be told about this location and the views that surround. We only wish that you could make it Neita's Nest again, and we could exchange more stories about your home and ours.

Wow! We thank you for sharing this space, and for sharing your inner thoughts about this place.
Cheers,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I arrived at Neita's nest as pretty much the only singleton in a largish group of multi-national storytellers for the Ananse Soundsplash Storytelling Festival 2012... The warmth and generosity of the hospitality was simply Jamaican at it's best - the group enjoyed a very relaxed introduction period on the terrace overlooking Stony Hill and after a wonderful meal we left the table as friends. It is fair for me to say that time spent at Neita's Nest is time well spent.

Room Tip: if you are staying a while .... rent a car.
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Friendships forged right here at Neita's Nest have proven to be lasting ones, Michael. We are happy that although you came as the sole singleton, you left as a part of a new fraternity. Please know that your own warmth and generosity of spirit played no small part in this.

Added to all that is the power of communal experience of sharing a Jamaican meal. (Now that the secret is out you have another story to tell).

Regards,
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Despite coming to Jamaica the same time hurricane Sandy did, my first few days and nights in JA at Neita's Nest was cozy, warm, relaxing and just as Me. Marley described the misty hills of this beautiful country. The food was amazing. The rooms were cozy and I couldn't feel more welcome. ~Love.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear TanyaMari,

As Deputy Director of Tourism at a crucial juncture in Jamaica's tourism industry, my father hosted a North American travel writer on a Familiarization Tour of our country. The rain started the day she came, and it ended on her last full day. My father waited with baited breath for her column. She wrote about the rain that fell everyday, and of attractions that the rain inundated. Her article ended with her description of the sunny day on which she departed and of her seeing a flight arrive with its passengers disembarking. She remarked that they will never know how beautiful Jamaica is when it rains.

That was thirty-five years ago, and it is heart-warming to know that the next generation of travel writers can still see the beauty of Jamaica through the rain.

Your review is a touching one, TanyaMari. Thank you.
Michelle
Tobago
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This really is a place to escape from the stress of modern day life. Even when we had to
hunker down to face Sandy's wrath, we felt safe. Charmaine looked after us, just as if we were
her own family. Her cooking was simply delicious. Michelle was the perfect hostess who made
us all feel at home and helped us relax. The ambience! Wow! Even Sandy could not change
this place. Beautiful, restful rooms; a verandah with a view you can't find anywhere in this
world. Thanks to you Michelle and Charmaine. We will soon come back to Jamaica.

Room Tip: A view across the verandah, overlooking Kingston is fantastic.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Kadoo,

Thank you for loving Neita's Nest through the storms and the still moments of life. It is great to know that you too have found Neita's Nest as an ideal place to escape. We are only too delighted to share this space with you. Do come again.

Michelle.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Liguanea Club
#4 of 25 in Kingston
RafJam's Bed & Breakfast
RafJam's Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Irish Town

Been to Neita's Nest? Share your experiences!