Neita's Nest
Liguanea Club(Kingston)
US$174
Strawberry Hill(Kingston)
US$372
All reviewsmichelle neitauninterrupted viewsrecommend renting a carjamaican lifelocal mealsrich historyhome away from homeblue mountainsbig bedtwo nightssecurity gatecooked breakfastan excellent hostown bathroomrooms are comfortablefantastic stayjamaican food
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Thanks to a recommendation from a friend and a last minute reservation, my husband and I found Neita's Nest. It is located in a tranquil setting and is an excellent place to relax and be pampered.

Michelle Neita is a very gracious and personable hostess who puts her guests first. Charmaine, the housekeeper, willing took care of all our needs and is an excellent cook. The rooms are clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The view from the verandah is breathtaking - whether it is having breakfast overlooking the mist covered mountains or having a glass of wine looking down at the lights of the city.

Wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks Michelle and Charmaine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbaraD2_12
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

In the short time we shared we found that we had more than a friend in common, Barbara. We too wished that you could have stayed longer, but are happy that you enjoyed the time spent here at Neita's Nest., and hope that we have at least peaked your interest in coming back for more.

Cheers,

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Neita's Nest was not my first accommodation in Jamaica, but it was the first place to have had dinner! Despite the beautiful view you get when you are at Neita's Nest, I was touched by the warmth I received here, a truly Jamaican experience. Having spent many days in Jamaica already, this place summed up my experiences, beautiful spectacular view of mountain scenery, food, stories and the warmth of Jamaican people! This is the image that has stayed in my mind about Jamaica and thanks to Neita's Nest!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

You know, Zodwa, we deem it an honour to have guests from all over the world stay with us here at Neita's Nest. But when they come from far away places, such as South Africa, as you have, we are indeed humbled.
It is just wonderful to know that the images which you have taken home of Jamaica are positive ones; "beautiful spectacular view of mountain scenery, food, stories and the warmth of Jamaican people". Yes, what you experienced at Neita's Nest is "truly Jamaican", and I hear that South Africa is not dissimilar. I look forward to visiting your country one day.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I suppose that as a writer, I will think of one of the books I love to describe Neita's Nest. The one that came to mind was Hardy's Far From The Madding Crowd. As a story teller,I looked across at those beautiful hills, and thought how pregnant with stories they were; how in between,life throbbed. But, I was away from it all, able to see and contemplate, imagine, without touching. The food was the best ackee and saltfish I had ever had. I had been anticipating the meal from the time I knew I was coming to Jamaica. It did not disappoint.Good food, a wonderful view of mountains, valleys and twinkling lights, a charming hostess.....life is good. Eintou

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

You are indeed a writer, Eintou. Your review is at once poetic and lyrical, just waiting to be put to music. You are correct. There is many a story to be told about this location and the views that surround. We only wish that you could make it Neita's Nest again, and we could exchange more stories about your home and ours.

Wow! We thank you for sharing this space, and for sharing your inner thoughts about this place.
Cheers,

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I arrived at Neita's nest as pretty much the only singleton in a largish group of multi-national storytellers for the Ananse Soundsplash Storytelling Festival 2012... The warmth and generosity of the hospitality was simply Jamaican at it's best - the group enjoyed a very relaxed introduction period on the terrace overlooking Stony Hill and after a wonderful meal we left the table as friends. It is fair for me to say that time spent at Neita's Nest is time well spent.

Room Tip: if you are staying a while .... rent a car.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Friendships forged right here at Neita's Nest have proven to be lasting ones, Michael. We are happy that although you came as the sole singleton, you left as a part of a new fraternity. Please know that your own warmth and generosity of spirit played no small part in this.

Added to all that is the power of communal experience of sharing a Jamaican meal. (Now that the secret is out you have another story to tell).

Regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2012

Despite coming to Jamaica the same time hurricane Sandy did, my first few days and nights in JA at Neita's Nest was cozy, warm, relaxing and just as Me. Marley described the misty hills of this beautiful country. The food was amazing. The rooms were cozy and I couldn't feel more welcome. ~Love.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear TanyaMari,

As Deputy Director of Tourism at a crucial juncture in Jamaica's tourism industry, my father hosted a North American travel writer on a Familiarization Tour of our country. The rain started the day she came, and it ended on her last full day. My father waited with baited breath for her column. She wrote about the rain that fell everyday, and of attractions that the rain inundated. Her article ended with her description of the sunny day on which she departed and of her seeing a flight arrive with its passengers disembarking. She remarked that they will never know how beautiful Jamaica is when it rains.

That was thirty-five years ago, and it is heart-warming to know that the next generation of travel writers can still see the beauty of Jamaica through the rain.

Your review is a touching one, TanyaMari. Thank you.
Michelle