“A wonderful beginning to our honeymoon.”
Review of Neita's Nest

Neita's Nest
Ranked #1 of 31 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Neita's Nest and had a wonderful time. Michelle picked us up from the airport, and had a delicious and inviting dinner waiting for us (including a little bottle of champagne!) after our 28 hour journey from Australia. Not only were the facilities exceptional for bed and breakfast standards, and the food tantalising, but Michelle also introduced us to Jamaican culture and history, and went out of her way to take us on an educational tour and organise a food tour for us. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful start to our honeymoon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear GretchenWren,

You were the second honeymooners to stay at Neita's Nest, the second for this year and the second from Australia! So, we started to bring out the 'bubblies', and since then we have been blessed with 2 more honeymooners!.. and we haven't even put ourselves out there as a honeymoon destination! Wee just love our country and our city, and enjoy sharing them with our guests. After all, that's what bed and breakfast stays are all about.

We enjoyed adding to your delight and pray for your honeymoon never ends.

Keep it lovely.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

To the Neita's Nest Family : I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I am, and at the same time, humbled and inspired by the time spent with you and I wish you all JAH's richest blessings and providence.

For the review readers: Now that I have time to reflect on my stay in beautiful Jamaica, I remember, at a point during my stay (with everything being catered to) reaching over to hug and kiss Michelle Neita, the hostess, on the cheek. While it was never my intention to seem forward or untoward - this was an honest expression for the joyous and awesome time had over a five day period. My advice to you, the visitor, is to let them do what they know to do the BEST!

Family: Give thanks (and often) for His many, many benefits. Keep HIM first and you will be alright!

ONE (STRONG) LOVE, RASTAFARI.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Italsmith, the rising sun still shines every morning on Neita's Nest, the weather here is sweet and lulling, and your loving energy still permeates the air.

We give thanks for your visit, and trust that, as your review readers reflect on your kind words, and choose Neita's Nest, theirs will be a similarly positive experience here.

Blessings,

Reviewed 10 March 2013

A very kind and helpful hostess in Ms. Neita made for a wonderful and memorable stay in Kingston for me in Summer of 2012. Even though I booked only few hours before my arrival in Jamaica, she was there at the airport to pick me up, and give a historical tour of Kingston, and feed me with delicious dinner upon my arrival at Neita's Nest. Clean rooms, gracious hosts, kind help, and topping it all, excellent views out the window. The hostess arranged for me to be dropped off at Sabina Park as I was there to watch Cricket, and some of the days, doing it herself. Evenings sat on the balcony, sipping fresh juices and tea, having discussions on socio-cultural-political issues made the trip that much more enriching. I'd highly recommend anyone to stay at Neita's Nest for its location, the views but most importantly, the family like care you get from Michelle, her help and her sons.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

CricketCouch,

Your trip was memorable for us too. Your passion for the game of cricket kept us engaged, and my sons have special memories of these conversations. You scored a "Six" with them, and we look forward to hosting you the next time Jamaica hosts international cricket, if not before. Howzat?

Cheers,

Reviewed 7 March 2013

our graceful hostess could not have been more helpful. she led us around Kingston to difficult spots. with the help of Charmaine she fed us well and her presentation is delightful. we enjoyed talking to her and seemed to have a lot in common. the bedrooms and bathrooms are basicand tired but comfortable and at the cost, is good value. thanks a lot.

Room Tip: don't choose the room first up the stairs as the water pressure is poor and the room small.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear tuk585,

From the beginning of our operations, we took a decision to play our part in making Kingston, the cultural and business centre of Jamaica, the tourist mecca it deserves to be. To do this, we decided to keep our rates affordable while giving added value wherever we could. We are therefore particularly happy that our meals delighted, and that all that we put into enhancing your stay was appreciated. After all, vacations and business trips can be costly ventures for most persons.

We are happy to reconfirm that the low water pressure experienced only in your bathroom for a brief part of your stay was but a temporary glitch. Our plumber has done a complete audit, and we are assured of continuous and equal pressure throughout.

For the benefit of our potential guests, all our rooms are of the same dimension. The difference with the first room up the stairs is that it has the advantage of a built in closet with shelving. This takes up a little more floor space than do the clothes storage facilities in the other two rooms. We make the room allocations for our guests, and we take into consideration all factors known to us and which would help to make the stay of all concurrent guests as comfortable as possible. Where we can offer choices, we gladly do so.

Tuk585, we enjoyed your visit with us, and yes, the conversations just flowed. Thank you for choosing Neita's Nest for your stay in Kingston, and for posting your review.

Warm regards from Neita's Nest.
Michelle Neita.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Neita's Nest on my recent visit to Jamaica... from the moment i was picked up at the airport (on the way i was given a "mini-tour" of Kingston and surrounding environs) the warmth and hospitality of the hostess Michelle Neita was over and above what one would expect at such a reasonable rate.
The scenery and sense of tranquility from atop the hill will definitely be appreciated - it is as picturesque as the website photos make it out to be no gimmicks there. Indeed, I would suggest this route , as opposed to a lonely stay at a hotel, for any solo traveler like myself who just wants to get away from it all for a couple of days. The service was outstanding and the food - my god that food!!! - was exceptional (kudos to Charmaine, the cook); it was basically 5 star treatment for those on a budget.
In addition, I was able to tap into a network of knowledgeable individuals whose recommendations for sights and interesting things to do and see whilst in Jamaica essentially filled an otherwise empty roster. Although i had alternative plans for the rest of the year I'm already looking ahead to either an easter or summer visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Nothing wrong with a little pampering sometimes, Kyle C. Thank you for choosing Neita's Nest to idle a while. We are equally pleased that you were spoiled just enough to come back for more. See you soon.

Warm regards from Neita's Nest.
Michelle

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have just returned from the Cayman Islands visiting my daughter. She had booked a three day break in Jamaica staying at Neita's Nest. What a wonderful time we had. We sat on the veranda each morning, overlooking the picturesque hillsides. At breakfast we were served fruit as a starter which was something different each day, we had fruit which we I had never tasted before. The next course was also different each day, but always exceptionally good and tasty. The banana cake was to die for!! Michelle was a wonderful hostess, so helpful and informative about everything. Nothing was too much trouble for her.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Dear smc47,

Thank you for offering to write a review, and for submitting it so quickly on your return home. I can feel your genuine enthusiasm in your comments and appreciation of all that you experienced here with us.

We are grateful that you also appreciated the effort we put into varying our meal plans. We do this even for our longer staying guests and those with special needs when it comes to their diet preferences; all to make you feel at home.

Yes, that Banana Bread is a winner! Not my recipe, but I pass on the kudos every time.

Cheers,

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at Neitas nest tremendously. Tucked up and away in hills, it was the perfect resting spot after our busy days doing various activities and beach hopping.

Your greeted by soothing wind chimes sitting on a spacious patio that faces the mountainous landscape. It's a guest house bed and breakfast so if your ok with the simple amenities this is it.

Michelle was such a gracious host and her housekeeper makes sure the place is in tip top shape so it was very clean. The breakfast was the absolute best part! Authentic Jamaican cuisine made with love.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura R,

We are so glad that you found Neita's Nest to be the perfect retreat after your busy days in and around Kingston, and that your morning breakfast was that good!.

Yes, we keep it simple here at our bed and breakfast, for we find that when we are not cluttered by more than the basic necessities of life, we find time for the beauty in our natural surroundings. We enjoyed sharing these with you both. Do come again.

With kind regards,