“Pleasant and Relaxing Experience”
Review of Neita's Nest

Neita's Nest
Ranked #1 of 31 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I loved my stay at Neita's Nest. My appreciation for Kingston and Jamaica in general grew from my talks with Mrs. Neita. I always travel by myself so I did some research on places to stay in Kingston that would give me the full experience of being in Kingston. Neita's Nest was perfect.
The rooms are very well kept and clean. Staying here feels like coming to visit family because she makes you feel at home. I will definitely come back the next time for my yearly trip to Jamaica.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear anw160,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Kingston,. We are happy that your search led you to Neita's Nest, and that you felt at home here with us.

We love when guests take a chance on us and fall in love with Kingston. Mission accomplished!
We so look forward to hosting you next April.

There are newer reviews for Neita's Nest

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Neita's Nest is a wonderful place to stay when visiting Jamaica. It is part great accommodation and part restful haven when visiting/exploring Kingston and the surrounding areas. It is beautifully situated and the nice view from the breakfast table is a relaxing way to start the day. Michelle Neita really is the perfect host - extremely kind and helpful and very knowledgeable about Jamaican society past and present which makes for good traveller's advice and interesting conversations. From the moment I contacted Neita's Nest, she made it easy to organize my visit to Jamaica and I had a fantastic stay. The food is good and one is well looked after. I had a week-long stay and I will definitely be returning to Neita's Nest the next time I make it to Jamaica.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Stevenlbj,

Your visit was certainly an interesting one for all concerned. It was your keen interest in and deep knowledge of our history and culture that created opportunities for me to arrange like-minded dinner guests to enhance those stimulating conversations to which you refer.

It was a particular pleasure seing how you were able to accomplish all that you hoped to in your week's stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Till then...
Warm regards from Neita's Nest,

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at Neita's Nest in June 2013. The B&B is located on top of a hill and has a beautiful view of the Blue Mountains and Kingston. Having breakfast in the morning in the balcony with this view was the highlight of our stay here!! Michelle was a wonderful hostess. She always made sure she was available when we were ready to go somewhere to give us directions..she was so very patient with all of our questions! She also gave us wonderful recommendations for restaurants (being vegetarians we were very happy that all her recommendations had great veggie options) and places we could see in and around Kingston.

Breakfast was wonderful and very filling - fruits and yoghurt, eggs and toast or ackee....we loved Charmaine's homemade pineapple juice with ginger the best!

There is plenty of parking inside and the Internet worked well for us (two things that were very important to us). The room that we stayed in was well lit, comfortable and had large windows to let in the cool air at night. The room didn't have an attached bath but the bathroom was just across from our room and was used only by us.

We enjoyed our stay here very much and would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Kingston!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear sunfloweryellow,

While we love to delight you with our culinary delights, we are proud of the mushrooming food and beverage industry which sprawls across our city, and indeed our country. There is something for everyone here in Kingston, so whether your choice is for vegetarian, raw foods, the array of international cuisine which brings credence to our National Motto, "Out of Many, One People", freshly caught seafood cooked on our beaches, or our variety of Jamaican delights - be they street foods such as patties, jerk pork, pan chicken, or the cordon bleu version of our traditional dishes, there is much to explore, and we are glad you did.

We are happy too that you found our summer nights cool. At our 1000 feet elevation, few can believe that they are actually in Kingston. Feeling is believing. Even in our temperatures and terrain we offer variety here in Kingston.

We are delighted that you were charmed by the experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I spent six (6) nights at Nieta’s Nest – Jamaican Bed and Breakfast. The Innkeeper, Michelle, her family and staff person--Charmaine were gracious and hospitable throughout my stay. Mitchelle provided round trip transportation to and from the airport along with guided tours through Kingston and St. Andrew. Mitchell maintains a wealth of resources and made recommendations to places of interests including museum exhibits that were ongoing; she took us bird-watching at Hope Gardens on a Saturday morning, where we met very friendly birdwatchers from a variety of backgrounds. Additionally, Mitchelle’s recommendations to taxi cabs and tour operators were sound. The meals at Nieta’s Nest were excellent. Of course, breakfast was part of the package; however, we enjoyed delicious dinners upon request. I highly recommend this B&B.

betty 1,

Though surprising to many a visitor, Kingston has so much to offer. This is why we do appreciate when we get to know something about the special interests of our guests before their arrival. In that way, we can single out the special events, activities and places which may be just what you were hoping for, and then surprise you with others.

Bird Watching at Hope Botanical Gardens resumes this Saturday, and we are so happy for that after the summer hiatus. We are also looking forward to some migrant birds joining our local ones in the months ahead. Do plan your next visit during the first weekend of the month so that we can go again. There is something new every time!

Thank you for helping us to make your visit "awesome", betty 1.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My12 year old grand daughter spent three nights at Neita's Nest. We didn't have a car, so we depended on Michelle to drive us. She took us where we wanted to go and arranged for a tour guide to show us Kingston. Michelle and her sons welcomed us into their home and into their family. We went to church with them and toured the school where the boys attend. The boys were very special! They were funny, outgoing, talkative and SO enjoyable. I loved Kingston and wish we had spent more time there. One of the highlights of our trip to Jamaica was spending time with Michelle and the boys. As an aside ,the food was fabulous and the roooms were clean and quite nice. I highly recommend Neita's Nest.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Margaret,

It was our pleasure to have hosted you and your delightful granddaughter for your stay in Kingston. A bed and breakfast in the true meaning of the concept, offers a wonderful opportunity to live in a city, and to live with a family. You seized that opportunity with open arms, and made our welcoming all the easier.

I will not forget your immediate and positive response to my invitation to join us in the celebratory mass for our former rector, the Bishop of Kingston. And this meant heading downtown to Kingston Parish Church just after you arrived! Your enthusiam set the tone for the rest of your stay with us; a visit which my sons and I equally enjoyed.

Thank you both!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I spent a fantastic time partly to the welcome we reserved Michelle in her beautiful house. The service was great and the breakfast was delicious. I want to thanks Neita Michelle making us discover the country. (ps: thank you for the small sentences in french). I extremly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Souly T, thank YOU for encouraging my French. That's your gift to me.

Thank you too for being open to learning so much about our country, and for wanting to explore. We have so much to share that we just bubble when we have eager guests like you all.

Thank you for all your compliments, and for your generous recommendation.

Warm regards from Jamaica,

Reviewed 18 July 2013

What can we say? I enjoyed every minute spent in property. The setting is magnificent. But above all Michelle pays particular attention to all its guests. Special mention for the cuisine of Charmen. A real treat. I highly and sincerely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your strong recommendation, Baky.

At Neita's Nest, we strive to be more than a Bed and Breakfast; we offer a Home Stay; attention to the needs of every member of our "family", whether it is your meal plan, your tours or your quiet time, is what we put first, everytime. That you enjoyed every minute with us is what pleases us most. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Warm regards to you all,