“hard to find”
Review of Reggae Hostel

Reggae Hostel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

it was difficult to get there since there are no signs or whatsoever. a little too noisy, but the staff was very nice and has nearby restaurants that can serve good takeout jamaican vegetarian food.
good for the price you pay, quiet neighbourhood.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank jotapiazza
There are newer reviews for Reggae Hostel

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Reggae hostel meets all the expectations that a hostel must have. Well located in the city, clean, nice rooms and dorms, clean and equipped kitchen, and good social atmosphere. Besides all this the people working on it is very friendly and helpful. It helped to make our Kingston experience unique.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jafuster F
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Super basic, but decent. if you are looking for a low budget yet relaibale place and if you desire meeting young people from all around than thats your place.
the staff is very nice and hellpful.
location is not so good. no supermarkets in walking distant, walking to any place nearby is 10 minutes. at the day time very hot at night gotta take a taxi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cocogelado
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly people, always a big smile. Clean hostel, always willing to help you out. On Sunday we had a free BBQ, which was great. The atmosphere is easygoing, a good stay for a good price. You can park your car for free, it's easy to find with your GPS. The kittens were cute too..;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janny F
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was my first time staying in a hostel and my second time travelling alone. I must say this hostel surpassed my expectations BY FAR! It took a while to find the place in the dark, and there was a bit of mix up with my reservation (not the fault of the hostel) but I was quickly accomodated. I got settled in quickly and Zana showed me around and told me where everything was. The hostel was very homely and comfortable and I immediately felt like I was at home. That night I was a bit cold and the sheet I had wasn't quite enough to keep me warm so I just threw on a sweater. The next morning there was coffee, toast and cereal which was enough to hold me down for a few hours. Half way tree is a very close distance to walk and it was very safe (especially when walking with others). It is not recommended to walk alone at night and don't carry too much money on you. Many restaurants nearby and cabs were always available. The washrooms, kitchen, and common area were very clean. I met a lot of interesting and cool people on my trip. Scotty, Zana, and Ramone made my stay very enjoyable and comfortable and there was a sense of belonging. I did not want to leave!! Lots to do, and if you want to do nothing, (which was what I did) it was very comfortable sit around idle and listen to music. Having WIFI was a major bonus as I was able to keep in touch with my family and friends back home who were worrying about me! All in all, I had an amazing time, met some wonderful people, and definitely plan on going back soon! Thank you Reggae Hostel!

Room Tip: I stayed in 3 different rooms and they were all fine. I particularly liked the private garden view r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Parm S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

excellent place to stay in Kingston, great staff making you feel like being part of the family, great place to meet new friends... services, cleaniness etc are on standard hostel level, would come again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shenkx
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Reggae Hostel in Kingston and at the newly opened Ocho Rios location. We had an incredible time. The facilities are very clean, and you have access to wifi, a computer, a bar, kitchen, free coffee, etc. Most importantly, you really get warm 'family" experience. The hostel promotes a friendly and open environment. Scotty, the hostel owner, and the entire staff are always accessible, super helpful and incredibly kind— you always feel well taken care of. A great place to find the insider scoop on traveling through Jamaica and an honest take on what to do/what not to do on your travels. Fully recommended —ANGIE

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family