“Excellent family location”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent family location”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I like the peacefulness of this beach, nice laidback vibe, relatively clean. The bathrooms could be a little nearer though.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Kmonique

BURLINGTON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful day at the beach!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We're a family of four from Toronto, visiting family in Kingston. Our daughters were desperate for a day at the beach, so after hearing that Lime Cay was unclean with little shelter from the sun, we headed out to Fort Clarence. I had no idea there was such a beautiful beach so close to Kingston! You can walk for about 1 km along the water's edge, although the beach gets very dirty (plastic bottles and washed up garbage) when you leave the maintained section at Fort Clarence. There are shady trees for shelter and lots of sun of course! We'll definitely return.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Family31
Barrie, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“nice beach”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Nice beach and ocean, perfect in the park area, but if you walk down the beach just a bit way too much garbage. It's really depressing and sad. This needs to get cleaned up. Maybe a work project for the chain gangs! The best fried fish and festival in the fish hut - the best!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank gambogirl
Windsor, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The water was dirty and I was very disappointed :(. We had to pay to get in and my friends and I didn't even get to enjoy the beach. What a waste!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank K J
Kingston, Jamaica
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Paying for?”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The entrance fee is $150JMD. I'm guessing that's for the secured parking, which I don't mind. However, every time I go there, I always think that they could use some of the money they make to keep the beach and bathroom cleaner. There are also limited benches, so I think they should put more in. The food isn't that great either. Hellshire is right beside it, with more places to eat, sit down and relax..and the food is way better. Great for tourists, altho they might get hassled a bit. I guess that's what Fort Clarence has over it.

Visited September 2012