ALL levels of staff at this hotel except the maid service are in need of urgent customer service training! I usually stay at a nearby hotel but it suffered fire damage and is still closed for repairs. I chose this hotel based on price offering and online reviews.
This was certainly an absolutely bad experience and I shall now allow it to repeat itself.
Here's the list of cons:
1) Condition of Plant (facilities) - poor! The wooden moldings look rotten or so badly worn that they appear to be rotten. There is no extractor fan in the bathroom. The non-smoking room smells like smoke / barbecue. The bathroom shower and sink water pressure is terrible and in the middle of a shower the water just stops. You wait and wait and then switch the water off and turn in back on and then it resumes until that cycle repeats itself.
2) Customer Service at the restaurant - poor! I went to the bar at the restaurant in the evening and ordered two virgin pina coladas and then I sat down. The waitress brought the coladas and never returned to inquire as to whether there was any interest to have anything else. I got up and approached the bartender who was at the bar to ask for the bill and to pay. He walks away to the corner and sits down on a drink box crate and is clearly / visibly on his Blackberry. The waitress passes by behind the bar and doesn't even look to the customer. I then proceeded to walk out of the restaurant and that is when the waitress hollered out, "you ready?" That's not the worst of it. I get the bill and attempted to pay. She told me the price and I gave her US$20 and before she handed me my change, she then entertained another lady about a glass or something like that. I firmly said to her at that point, "lady, please finish my transaction first." She did so and I took all of my change as I refused to tip the usual 20% I usually tip.
3) Self-serve Laundry - good but laundry disappeared! So I took my own laundry to wash at the ground floor and inserted the US$5 token to get the washer going. After the wash cycle completed I transferred the clothes to the dryer and inserted the other US$5 token and left the clothes to dry. I returned about 90 minutes later and my clothes had disappeared. I left the washroom and bounced into a maid and told her my problem and she said, "I'm sure they are in a safe place" and that she would be right back. I waited about 5 to 7 minutes and another lady passed by and asked if all was well. I explained no and told her my problem and she too disappeared to find out. She re-emerged and said, "they are looking for them but I will check the front desk". Anyways, after another 5 to 7 minutes of waiting, a lady appeared with them, folded, and in a transparent plastic bag.
This place is not worthy of a dollar the conditions the way they are and especially as a result of the poor customer service. I will not return to it. Beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Knutsford Court Hotel offers the best of both worlds, whether traveling for business of leisure. A selection of standard, superior, junior suites, one bedroom suites and two bedroom townhouses surrounding a lush garden courtyard with complimentary buffet breakfast daily. Featuring direct dial telephones, free wired and wireless internet access, 24-hour business centre and free private gym. Meeting and events are our forte with a choice of 7 function rooms with the largest seating 500. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Knutsford Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knutsford Court Kingston
- Hotel Knutsford Court
- The Knutsford Court Hotel Jamaica/Kingston