“A higher quality version of Chipotle”
Review of Chilitos JaMexican

Chilitos JaMexican
Ranked #61 of 201 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Chilitos is a TexMex, dive type restaurant in the heart of Kingston. Have a margarita on picnic benches while listening to anything from Indie pop to Trip Hop. There are regular discounts/specials available so make sure to check often. There is free wifi, happy hour, indoor and outdoor seating available. This is not your typical Jamaican spot.
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I came here on a Saturday afternoon when things were slow, but I suspect that it can be a good place to have some drinks with friends. The food in reminiscent of Chipotle, though the ingredients are generally of a higher quality and there is a bit of Jamaican influence. The prices are reasonable, but I wouldn't call it cheap by Jamaican standards. I'd go back fairly often if I lived nearby.

There are newer reviews for Chilitos JaMexican

Reviewed 2 November 2013

If we don’t know what to eat for dinner, Chilitos is always a nice solution. On the way back from work we love to enjoy Mexican food while the rush hour traffic passes. It is our favorite spot for a cheap, delicious and not so healthy meal :P. They have different type of music playing taking part in the cool ambiance. Service is good. Food is great for value. Our favorite items are the Gorditas, Nacho Supreme, and Chimichanga. Chilitos is also the place to drink a Corona instead of the usual Red Stripe, but they also offer Margaritas, Olé Olé!! My boyfriend is always asking me when will be our next visit at Chilitos so from time to time I force myself to go with him ;)

1  Thank Isabelle C
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I've long been a fan of this laid-back little gem in Kingston, with excellent margaritas, good food (excellent homemade tortilla chips and assorted salsas -- authentic Mexican flavours) and great music.
It's always a destination for me.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Not very authentic food, people mentioned this place because of the tacos but I guess when you haven't had Mexican in a while you'll eat anything. Was not impressed

1  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed 9 June 2013

They make everything but the flour tortillas from scratch and your taste buds can tell. The roasted salsa is to die for and their BBQ pulled pork tacos are amazing. The prices are decent for international cuisine but the place is very "rustic" with plastic tables. Go here for a chill vibe, good music, and great margaritas.