“More than expected”
other travellers have booked this property
Rutland Rest, Kingston, Jamaica Rutland Rest, Kingston, Jamaica
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living area
Living area with day beds
Living area
Living area with breakfast bar
Kitchen with breakfast bar
Kitchen with breakfast bar
Bedroom
Bathroom
Bathroom
Verandah
Verandah
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Montreal, Canada
“More than expected”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

First time travelling to Jamaica with my partner who is from the place , renting was the best solutions to our accommodations while staying close to the family in Kingston. My partner confirmed to me it was a nice area to stay in . i couldn't more than agreed.
Nice views of the city while going up the hill , beautiful landscaping around the property, very well maintain. AS for the property itself, feel exactly like home ; hot water, WiFi and washer.
Modern and simple, the place is beautifully well maintained and secure
Very quiet and peaceful place as for in the day, or night time. The place was more than comfortable for the both of us .
Its very well located, any destination in 5-30 minutes MAX. Close to any tourist attractions , downtown and all the Hot Spots
Grocery store , banks and shops are literally down the road, everything is near.
Our host Mark , was very friendly and lenient at the time that we arrived late at night. as he he recommend us a few places to visit. He respond quick to any demand or question we had, worked on our scheduled. My 10 nights made my experience complete. I will definitely come back to Jamaica and rent this place again without no hesitation.
Good Job ! Very Satisfy !

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location / place
Liked least: few lizard / shower need renovation
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
David H
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Everything we wanted for a relaxing week.”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Having been to Jamaica about 8 times (estimated) over the past 15 years or so we didn't want a hotel, or to impose on friends. This place suited us perfectly - accommodating our "touristy American" desire for amenities like hot water showers (not always a feature in private homes) while allowing us to be away from the typical touristy locations. Up in the hills, pleasant breezes - absolutely as lovely as it looks in the pictures.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Maryland

Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely and peaceful”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

This is a wonderful place to stay as the previous reviews have indicated. The best thing about it for me was the security. As a woman traveling alone, I wanted to stay someplace where I wouldn't worry about my safety. With all of the security measures, I didn't worry here at all. In addition, this is an apartment that has a bit of character, not an impersonal hotel room. I appreciated that this place felt like home. And finally, Mark and Louise couldn't have been more welcoming when I arrived or nicer to me during my stay. The little details...like fresh fruit when I arrived...were so very much appreciated. I highly recommend Rutland Rest if you're staying in Kingston.

Travelling group: Solo
travelbug...
Nova Scotia
“Perfection”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

I cannot say enough about our stay at Rutland Rest. It exceeded all of our expectations and made our 5 days in Kingston perfect. My partner is originally from Kingston and has family and friends in the area. Our visit was to connect with family, finalize some wedding plans and celebrate my birthday. Mark was excellent to deal with, answered all our questions in advance quickly and gave us great advice when we arrived. The place is clean, well equipped and beautifully landscaped/decorated. It is large - allowed us to host a family get together of about 10 and has all the amenities one could want. It is also secure and quiet. We had a busy 5 days and we loved waking up and having coffee and breakfast at the house and coming in at night to unwind. The bed is comfortable and the water pressure in the shower is amazing!! The location is also ideal, not right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city but just minutes away from everything you need. I should also say that the property is very well priced, especially when compared to the cost of hotels in the area. I also had to do some work while there and the wifi was great - fast and never down. Overall it was a great stay and we will for sure be back. Thanks Mark!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
Management Response
23 Nov 2013
Thanks guys, you were great guests and we'd love to host you again! All the very best for the upcoming wedding.
MD USA
Reviewed 14 October 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

the universe
Reviewed 19 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Management Response
19 Sep 2013
J, we're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the space met your needs so well. You've been a great guest and we look forward to hosting you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing