“Gorgeous views of MoBay, nice, clean, safe hotel, 2 min from airport”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
The Big Apple Hotel
Ranked #42 of 62 Hotels in Montego Bay
Toronto
“Gorgeous views of MoBay, nice, clean, safe hotel, 2 min from airport”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Reasonably priced, clean spacious room, good beds, hot water, pool right outside our room, security, amazing ocean views, watched the planes roll in + out, but can't hear them because the hotel is on a cliff. Staff was ok with us. We came here initially for 1 night after a March break holiday in Negril, but my daughter got bumped off her return flight, so we stayed 2 nights. Upon our arrival I asked for a late check out as I didn't have to drive her to the airport til about 1 pm. It was no problem. Good thing because after she got bumped from her flight, we just came back and stayed in the same room as I did not check out yet.

I had a car, so we had no problem getting around. However this hotel is located on the top road on a cliff and a bit of a walking distance to the main road below. Taxis are always passing by. Make sure it's a taxi with red plates and make the deal first before getting in the cab. The airport is just 2 minutes down the road,

Traveled March 2010

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BeeOneLove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed there for one night until I was able to check into the resort in Negril.... However, Big Apple aka little apple was a bad night stay... They charge us 78.00 for a small room & small bed... Front desk service was poor.... I asked for more towels at the front desk she told me that housekeeping was closed... She told me to try back in the morning... Needless to say that I never got those towels because it was another excuse from them.... I wouldn't recommend this stay to anyone!!!! Not worth 78.00 at all.... 78.00 in the US you would get more amenities for your stay!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank sauceycake

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Revere, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I used a credit card to pay for my room....Big mistake!! My credit card information was stolen and used to purchase windows for someone's house in Jamaica. Now I'm not saying it was someone who worked at the Big Apple, but that was the only place I used my card. I checked in on a Sunday afternoon and by 1:00 pm Monday $700.00 worth of unauthorized charges were made.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank ssnowgirl28
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2010

The Big Apple is a verry nice hotel overlooking the airport, bot not to worry; it is high on a hill and you wone hear the planes. You get a nice room and there is a pool so you can keep cool. The price is right for those on a buget, but do not be hungry when you go, because it seems they make the food from scratch so you must order you meal in advance, but they will give you a number to call and have a meal delivered. Out of 5 stars I rate it 2 1/2 stars

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkRasta
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This is my third time staying at this hotel and I am always amazed. The service is quick, friendly and courteous. You can tell something must be great about the management as many of the employees have been there for years. The dining experience is also very delicious and hearty or maybe heart filled. I love the fact that they added a pool fence.
On my last visit I went down the road to visit a friend at a neighboring resort. Let me just say Big Apple should be more recognized as the resort was not clean, modern and the maid service was not up to par. If you looking for a quaint place to stay with excellent service and that so special island feel check this place out

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank TrinnyCee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2010

i was hoping the spend a couple of nights here for the sunfeast 2010 but there was a couple of things that put me off this hotel....first i wouldnt call this a hotel more like a guest house, although i'd booked up for a room only, there was a lack of imformation on where i could get something to eat. secondly the room...not everyone want A/C blasting at them when trying to sleep what was missing was just a fan and finally soap was supplied to me as i was leaving lol (good job i had my own) . but my main beef was that i was eaten alive by mosquitoes thats not the hotels fault ....now for the good points if you want somewhere quiet and out of the way with a great view then this is a place to go

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
north myrtle beach sc
Reviewed 30 December 2009

great place to stay if you like peace and quite. not a good place if you like hot baths.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
#46 of 62 in Montego Bay
Salem Resorts
Salem Resorts
#11 of 14 in Runaway Bay

Been to The Big Apple Hotel? Share your experiences!