“Brilliant view of Mo Bay”

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
Ranked #10 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The best thing about this bar in Montego Bay is the location. It looks out onto the bay. You can also see the sun set from here.
We walked into it from the street (Hip Strip) the first time we visited and jumped onto land from a catamaran the second time.
You can play around on the floating assault course and use the water slide from the roof of the bar into the sea, it's all good fun.
There is also a gift shop with some nice souvenirs.
We had large cocktails in the tall glasses, which you can keep. We also sampled the food which is good. Can be a little pricey but it's a nice treat on your holiday.

MvilleCarib, Social Media Coordinator at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

We’re happy to hear that you liked our little piece of paradise, and thank you for visiting. It was also pleasing that you took the opportunity to enjoy some of our culinary and beverage offerings, which are a key part of our business. It has always been our belief that a beautiful spot overlooking the water is always better with a cool, delicious drink in hand. We're also happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our retail offerings, as well as the view of the sunset, which is a really beautiful sight to behold. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Had a great's birthday party at this venue. The booking was hassle free and the atmosphere and location was just right.
the food was well-prepared and served and the music was right for the mood, including the club areas at both lower and Appleton Lounge overlooking the sea.

Thank you for such a lovely review and for choosing to share your birthday with us. Though we are generally known for having a high energy atmosphere at times, we are always willing to do what is within our powers to ensure that an occasion such as this is made special with our unique touch (the answer is yes, what is the question) in addition to offering delicious culinary and beverage options. Again we wish you a happy happy birthday (yes, a little late we know) and thank you for choosing to make us a part of this occasion. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great Bistro style food, like Fridays in US. It was not busy when we went in Oct. but you can tell they do get a crowd during the season since they have big screen TV's bar and water sports and a giant slide that is off the eating deck overlooking the Montego Bay.

Thank you for visiting and for your review. We’re happy to hear that you got the chance to enjoy some of our culinary offerings during your visit, as well as the atmosphere. In our daily operations we can see a mix of high and low energy crowds, giving rise to a host of activities and a slightly louder ambiance on our “higher energy” days. We thank you for spending time with us, and hope that this will not be your last visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Went here via catamaran had alot of fun. Drinks are very $$$$. Waterslide and water trampoline are a must do!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed water amenities during your visit. We do our best to not only provide the tastiest food and beverages, but also an atmosphere that can be both fun and relaxing at the same time (the water amenities are a key aspect in the "fun" part). With regard to the pricing of our offerings, we employ a model based on a bi-annual analysis of the market in addition to our competitors and other similar concepts. This ensures the highest possible value perception is extended to our patrons when they come through our doors. Thank you for visiting and for your review, and please do not hesitate to come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I didn't want to come here. I figured ahead of time that it would be a tourist trap- overpriced and overrated- and, well, my opinion hasn't changed.

My best friend wanted to check it out, just to say that we'd been there, so we did.
I'm a huge fan of Jimmy Buffet, but can't say the feeling extends to this restaurant location.

For starters, it was packed. Like, sardines in a can packed, which in the Jamaican heat, was pretty miserable.
Our waitress was unfriendly, which for me, is one of the biggest things. If you have a great waiter or waitress, then it can totally make up for any other negatives. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case this time.

The food wasn't bad- but $13 or so for an average burger? A bit overpriced.
We both ordered frozen drinks, but strangely enough, my friend was given a virgin drink. We're both well over 21 (25 and 26), and the waitress asked me if I wanted rum in my drink, so we assumed that both drinks would be normal frozen alcoholic drinks.

On the plus side, there were a ton of water toys available for you to try- and an awesome slide that went down into the Caribbean Sea. But the food and service was pretty unimpressive.
To top it off, we only heard about one Jimmy Buffet song in our whole time there. Call me crazy, but I was expecting more.

I should have gone with my gut, and grabbed lunch at a more local place, where I could've gotten more of a flavor of country. If you can, do that. I wish I had.

I've heard from other travelers that other Margaritaville locations in the Caribbean are better, tenfold. I'd suggest checking those ones out and skipping the Montego Bay location.

Thank you for visiting. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our water amenities during your time with us. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was less than pleasant from a culinary, service and pricing standpoint, as we do our best to provide a positively memorable food, beverage and service experience wrapped in an atmosphere of fun and relaxation. Your comments make it apparent that we may have missed out on some key points with regard to the perceived culinary experience during your visit. Your comments regarding the music have also been noted and adjustments to our playlists made. Please be assured that your experience is not a true reflection of our operational culture, and your comments have been shared with the relevant teams for review and improvement. With regard to the pricing of our offerings, we employ a model is based on regular analyses of our competitors offerings in addition to similar concepts within our market; ensuring the most competitive pricing possible. Thank you again for visiting, and we look forward to knocking your socks off should you choose to visit us again in the future.