“Got to do the Slide”

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican
Good for: Kids, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Flushing, Michigan, United States
“Got to do the Slide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

If you come to Jamaica, you have to go to Margaritaville and do the slide, it was fun. Food was OK, Drinks were great, and there is plenty of local shopping around the bar.

Visited November 2013

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Margaritaville Pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

This is an average pub in downtown Montego Bay. It is airy- with overhead fans. The gift shop was very pricey. There is a water slide on the second floor that shoot out into the Bay. The rest rooms are on the second floor.

Visited August 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Margaritaville”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Cool club given that its located on the beach. Personally felt a little unsafe as it was a club accessible to tourists and locals. Nothing happened however my girlfriends and I were continuously hounded to dance and drink with the locals there.

Crowsnest Pass
“EXPENSIVE and a Tourist trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

the title tells it all no music, no fun, pushy service, no food, peddlers at your feet, not the cleanest place either.

Visited August 2014
Margaritaville C, Experiential Marketing Manager at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
We have read your review and would like to thank you for taking the time to submit it. While it’s apparent that we failed to meet our company-wide standard of great service, attentive team members and food and drinks delivered in a timely manner in a clean and tidy venue, it is still important for us to understand where we have fallen short of those expectations. We teach all of our team members to live and breathe the Margaritaville State of Mind, which is exactly the opposite of what you experienced.

Thanks again for submitting a review. Hopefully, your experience at this venue will not deter your desire to visit another one of our locations in the future.
My name is Andre’ Dixon and I am the new General Manager of Margaritaville Grand Cayman. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Our goal is to employ attentive team members who deliver in a timely manner in a clean and tidy venue. It is important for us to understand where we have fallen short. Our version of a great time involves adhering to the very core elements of escapism, which is intended to emulate all of the fun aspects of Jimmy Buffett’s unique brand of storytelling and song writing. Rest assured that my goal is instill that environment at this location.

I sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent visit.. Hopefully, it does not deter from visiting another one of our locations in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“expensive but the water park makes up for it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

I've been here a couple of times. The food is expensive and the drinks are about what you would expect. My wife and myself sit on the balcony while my 3 teen boys play on the water slide. Would I go here to just have dinner and drinks? No however if you have some time to kill and are with kids this is a good place to hang out. The wait staff is hit or miss just like in any place. Two drinks and a nachos are going to run you around 30 dollars but if your kids are happy and having fun its worth it.

I have been here 3 time so I continue to use this place however you just have to know what to expect.

• Visited August 2014