“Great food, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pork Pit

Pork Pit
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Tyler, Texas
“Great food, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

for $6 we shared 1/4 chicken. It was delicious, tender and juicy. Just enough spicy to keep it interesting. Its a small joint where you go inside to order/pay, then take your ticket to the pit to get your food. I would definately go back to the Pork Pit if/when we go back to MoBay.

Visited November 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Road Side Great Tasting BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This place doesn't look like much but it is clean. The BBQ pit is fired up daily with chicken, pork, fish, and more. The sauce is oh so nice with hints of spices and I think vinegar. I'm getting hungry again just writing this review.

The pork was tender and fatty for flavor. Its juicy and the texture is right on. Locals and tourists alike will stop here for the great food.

The half size is just about enough for one person. Throw in some rice or plantain and you have a meal.

• Visited December 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Best chicken I have EVER had in my life. I kid you not. This is a complete hole in the wall. If you are in town, go at night and the price drops 1/3 because of the cruise boats. ITS sooo good. I went back 3 times in my 3 days I was there, no joke.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I like this local joint. The jerk pork and chicken is lovely. My friend had the spicy shrimp I tried one it's spicy hot but delicious. We stayed 2 weeks in Montego Bay and visited the Pork Pit at least three times. Always after a visit to the beach. The food is reasonable priced. I bought loads to take away. I wanted to try the barbecue ribs but they they didn't have any when I went. I will try it on my next trip to mobay. Visit the Pork Pit if you in Montego Bay it's well worth it.

• Visited November 2013
Jamaica
“good pork bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stoped here to get a taste of the famous jerk pork but was so disapointed with the service the cashier was having a bad day because she snapped at every one not a smile no welcome, and please use jamaican currency because you get a very low rate for your US dollars the man who serve the pork also have an attitude we were served the two pounds of pork in two small lunch box we ask for foil paper to separate some of the jerk with an attitude the chef replied and I quote ."me no have none" very bad service good pork good sussage and the sauce is very good also I hope the manager read the reviews on trip advisor and do some staff training.

• Visited November 2013