“Excellnet food”

Ranked #27 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The food here was out of this world, excellent fried fish with bammy. I have been visiting MoBay for the past 10 years and I never miss a chance to go to Far Out Fish Hut. The only issue they take a long time to cook the fish, but I think the reason for that is because it is done to order. At least I know it is freshly cooked. I would recommend this if you want an informal evening, just to sit outside by the water and enjoy the breeze while you eat.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

on the beach. You can sit on sand or on floor near the bar. Food is good but not great. Pasta dishes are large portions. If at night, wear bug spray around ankles to avoid bites.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Visited in September 2013 and stayed close by in a resort. We rented a car and visited several local restaurants and bars. We stopped by to have a drink and look at the menu. The place was hideous looking, the staff acted as if it was a issue to serve us and the food being consumed by other patrons looked gross. We were not looking for high end and certainly understand the aspect of local dining but this was a way over the top bad experience. The kicker was my wife was drinking a beer, but she did not realize it came with a bug until half of it was gone. I showed it to the bartender and she said, no extra charge (just joking). The other kicker was that the currency translation is very simple to US. 1$US = approx. 1JA$. When I paid for the drinks the price was approximately 25 - 30% higher. When I complained, it was quickly adjusted to a 10 -15% premium. A great tip is to avoid this place and consider the "Chill Out Hut" less than 10 minutes south toward Montego Bay. A much better experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went to the fish hut, ordered conch, lobster, snapper, and bami..wanted parrot fish, but they only had pourgie. The snapper was delicious as always just salt and pepper fried to perfection.
The experience was terrible it took and hour + to get our food, and the waitstaff seemed annoyed when we asked for simple items like napkins and ice for drinks.
Spent 100+ dollars US, and when it came time to pay our tab, they said the phone line was down and they couldn't process our card, (we ate there the previous night and the machine worked fine) we understood machines are unpredictable, but the staff was so rude about it as if we broke the machine.
They finally had the owner follow us 25 minutes to ironshore to get to an atm and pay.
It was a nightmare..worst 4 hours of my life...will never go back. Definately not for dry/bland lobster.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Maybe it was just our luck, but what we have expected after having visited Scotchies was very different to what was there. It was Sunday night, the place was empty. We took couple of Red Stripe and some water for kids. When we asked what kind of fish they had they showed four different kinds. They said it was caught yesterday, ok then, lets go for it... We took our seats at the bar where we could see the kitchen. The man took the fish he has shown to us and put it back in a portable cooler, instead he took totally frozen one from the freezer and was about to put it on the frying pan!!! That's when we just had enough! One advice: if the place is not busy with locals - do not go there!

1  Thank Supermimz