“Just ok....”

US$28.00*
Doctor’s Cave Beach Admission with Round-Trip Transfer in Montego Bay
US$55.42*
and up
Day Trip to Doctor's Cave Beach, Margaritaville and Hip-Strip Shopping from...
US$42.22*
and up
Day Trip to Doctor's Cave Beach, Margaritaville and Hip-Strip Shopping from...
Ranked #6 of 74 things to do in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Five miles of pure white sand and crystal clear water have made this beach a popular destination for tourists and families.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Doctor's Cave Beach was just ok for us. Beggars were in full mode selling everything from over priced bracelets & other trinkets. I felt the food $ drinks were overpriced and mediocre. I also smelled marijuana from somewhere closeby... maybe the servers from the nearby resteraunts were taking a break?!! I will definetly not be getting off of the cruise ship again with Jamaica as our port!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

After being to so many 'free' beaches around Jamaica, i thought i try this one to see what a 'pay for' beach is all about...shouldnt have bothered, totally overprized, boring and nothing special at all. Quite dissapointed.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was my first time in Jamaica and I was there for sumfest. I'm in my mid 30's and a plus size girl from NYC (Harlem). First, the beach is super amazing and very laid back and chill, but not boring!!! I got a sense that the ppl that frequent doctors cave were all professional travelers (non all inclusive ppl) and were hip to the hot spots! I noticed a couple of celebrities there as well, but no one was being pretentious. I felt very comfortable walking around with just my bathing suit on without being harassed! There were a few locals mixed with ppl from all over the world which made conversations quite interesting! AMERICANS GIRLS BEWARE you are always a target anywhere you go throughout Jamaica, but at this beach I felt super safe and I didn't get a sense of any theft taking place. The lifeguards are super nice and I noticed them giving private lessons for practically tips! Get there EARLY, prior to 4:45pm or you WILL NOT GET IN, but guess what... They don't kick you out and you can stay as late as you desire and when the sun goes down that's when the real fun begins! Haha
Next, don't bring a chair because you are not permitted to bring one in, but feel free to bring ur own bottle and whatever else u like to party with lol! DONT waste money on umbrellas if you plan on swimming and you get there past 3 because once the sun sets you won't need it! I almost forgot to mention that the BEACH IS ABSOLUTLEY BEAUTIFUL AND VERY CLEAN!!!! I attempted to go to the local beach after experiencing doctors cave and I couldn't stay longer than 5 min!! Lastly try the crab cake burger if you are hungry!!

4  Thank Kenamarcell
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very safe, clean beach but very crowded when cruise ships are in port. Staff was super friendly, changing rooms were maintained superbly, good food at restaurant.

1  Thank Chamorrowoman
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Private for fee beach ($6), nice sand, good snorkeling around right side pier, average food at bar, kids love floating trampoline

1  Thank bruce g