“our group had very mixed reviews”

Doctor's Cave Beach
Book In Advance
More Info
US$55.42*
and up
Day Trip to Doctor's Cave Beach, Margaritaville and Hip-Strip Shopping from...
Ranked #6 of 77 things to do in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Five miles of pure white sand and crystal clear water have made this beach a popular destination for tourists and families.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have to disagree with the notion that it was expensive. I spend a whopping 14 bucks all day, by far the cheapest port day of my cruise. I didn't eat there because the menu prices were steep, but just ate when we got back to the ship. The thing that turn me off was the constant attempts to sell us stuff inside the "private" beach. I was even followed into the dressing room at one point. People would swim up to us and try to sell us huge seashells when we were in the water swimming. Some in my group found it amusing, I didn't. I had a great time there, and would go again in a heartbeat. It was clean not that crowded at any point. My friend says in was her favorite day of the cruise, so it's all about perspective I guess.

2  Thank mllsssa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,874)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Gorgeous!!! you do have to pay for the entrance, the chair and the umbrellas. and if you want goggles, you also have to pay. But it's worth it because this place is just beautiful. We got there around 10am and it was very quiet. More people came later on but it never got crowded. Avoid going when the cruise ships come cause we heard that's when it get really crowded.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had a great day at the Doctor's. Beach was clean safe and very good for young children. Was much better then the beach at our hotel which sucked. The beach bar was great, service with a smile . Water was clean and very nice to Swim . By far the best beach I visited in Jamaica.

3  Thank LittleRedBug
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Nice beach-very clean, great water. Expensive though-had to pay for entry, umbrella and lounge chairs. Food was good form restaurant but they seemed to be out of a lot of things. Much better than going to public beach at park!

3  Thank Alyssa B
Reviewed 18 August 2014

There is a nice restaurant there… but a little bit pricey and sometimes service is slow. You have to pay to get in the beach and pay for the beach bed and umbrella too. Not that crowded, but come before noon if there are some cruise ships in Jamaica and you want a beach bed.

1  Thank AnnikkiP