“Fun and beautiful place”

Doctor's Cave Beach
Book In Advance
US$28.00*
Doctor’s Cave Beach Admission with Round-Trip Transfer in Montego Bay
US$55.42*
and up
Day Trip to Doctor's Cave Beach, Margaritaville and Hip-Strip Shopping from...
US$42.22*
and up
Day Trip to Doctor's Cave Beach, Margaritaville and Hip-Strip Shopping from...
Ranked #6 of 74 things to do in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Five miles of pure white sand and crystal clear water have made this beach a popular destination for tourists and families.
Reviewed 27 July 2010

The beach is nice and you can rent snorkel equipment and jet skis. There is a big inner tube you can swim to and play on. There were a few problems however. First, you are not given your receipt for your entry and chair/umbrella. It is given to another worker who then orders others to set your stuff up. I did not like this as the guy was not friendly and people were coming in so fast it was easy to get lost in the shuffle. Second, my brother-in-law was offered drugs. Third, our server was always begging for tips, even though we were tipping each order. He even stopped me on the way out to try and persuade me to tip more. I would still recommend this place, but take note of the potential issues.

8  Thank Cruise,J.D.
There are newer reviews for Doctor's Cave Beach

Reviewed 12 July 2010

Our family just got back from a 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise and one of our POC was Montego Bay, Jamaica. We decided to go to Doctor’s Cave Beach, and boy are we glad we did!!
The beach was very safe and friendly. The water was so nice and clear!!

The fee to enter Dr’s Cave Beach was $5/per adult and $2.50/ per child. We also got an umbrella and 2 chairs. Grand total was $30! We were settled in right in front of the shoreline. What an awesome view!!!

We enjoyed a Red Stripe beer. I believe those were $4. There was a gentleman going around selling some Rum Punch for 2/$5. We couldn’t pass up on the offer!!

Here are some pixs of Doctor’s Cave Beach. Enjoy!

12  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We stopped in Montego Bay and caught cab from port for $5 each. Doctors cave is a free beach with a ton of stuff to do and reasonably priced. $5 gets you a chair for they day and $8 gets you snorkel equipment. Very good reasonably priced food, beach bar service - red stripe beer for $1. Beach staff amazing and helpfu.

8  Thank 5ontheroad_10
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My group of 21 arrived from the Carnival Conquest on Sept. 30. Entrance to beach can seem a little hectic(many, many Jamaicans, as it is located in the "Hip Strip") but once you get inside, the beach is incredible! We scored an area under the palm trees so we only rented 2 other umbrellas for shade & a few lounge chairs which we didn't really need because we were in the water the whole time! So clear, all the way to the bottom! I am not a swimmer but this place was very clean & I felt safe in the water. Entrance to beach is around 8-10 USD if you want the umbrella & chair, if not, I think it's around 4.00 dollars. Drinks can be ordered and are reasonable - 2 Rum Punch drinks for 5 USD can't beat that! Best Deal in town!! I would return to this beach in a heartbeat on my next visit to Montego Bay!

7  Thank littlegirl1971
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I'm not usually much of a beach sitter, preferring to see new things and have new experiences when I'm in another country. Doctor's Cave Beach was so beautiful we went back a second day. On the weekends the crowd is mixed local and tourist, with many more tourists on weekdays. Go early and stake out a spot beneath the palms.

I did not use the showers, etc., so I can't comment as to their condition. The Groovy Grouper is the on-site restaurant. Didn't eat there, but word is it has a tourist-oriented menu and prices.

5  Thank rkuef