My wife and I stayed in a royal villa with some friends and teammates at the Half Moon and we loved many parts of the trip and thought some areas could use improvement.
The property itself is beautiful with many neat little nooks with bridges, beaches, gazebos, etc. Love doing the whole golf cart around the resort thing and they had access to cool shops inside the resort and right outside the gate.
We thought the food was OK, not great. We ate in the villa as well as at Robbi's (great value) and seagrape for the breakfast buffet.
The very best part of the resort, in my opinion, is the spa. We did two deep tissue 80 minute massages (quite pricey at $247 each but we felt worth it as it really was good) and the pools INSIDE the spa are actually the best in the entire resort. The gym was also great, kinda smells funny when you first walk in but either side of the gym where you actually work out is fine.
Where it could be improved:
- There is no working hot tub on the property that we could find (even in the spa, crazy right?)
- There is no epic beachside pool to our knowledge that is customary to most big time resorts like this
- We didn't have any problems but many of our friends had AC problems and in June, you want AC in Jamaica =)
All in all, a good resort, had lots of fun, had we to do it over we would stay in the spa rooms which sound cooler than the villa we stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A destination in itself, set on 400 acres of manicured grounds with two miles of beachfront. We have 197 individually-appointed rooms and suites and 31 villas, most of which have views of the Caribbean Sea. All of our guests can enjoy the extensive facilities of this destination, which include the largest award-winning spa oasis in Jamaica, an 18-hole par-72 championship golf course, our own equestrian centre with 28 horses and the Sugar Mill, awarded as Jamaica's best restaurant. As a discerning traveller, you will enjoy the luxury of space and tranquility we have to offer. Imagine your first morning taking in the panoramic view of the horizon, and watching the sunrise having just concluded yoga meditation in our overwater bungalow. Then, cycle to the Seagrape Terrace for breakfast before beginning a day of whatever you want. Whether you choose to lounge on the beach, play a round tennis or golf, visit a local art gallery, or go horse riding along the beach, your days at Half Moon are yours to spend in any way you wish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Half Moon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Half Moon, a Rock Hotel Montego Bay
- Half Moon Jamaica
- Half Moon Resort Jamaica
- Half Moon Bay Jamaica