Half Moon
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$609
Great 4.5/5
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$221
  • Breakfast included
Royal Decameron Montego Beach(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$204
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$295
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
  • Breakfast included
Toby's Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
US$120
Good 3.5/5
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$988
Great 4.5/5
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
US$135
US$130
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
2,232 results
All reviewssugar millhibiscus suiteseagrape terraceil giardinoall inclusive planfern tree spawest cottagessea grapebedroom villacedar barroyal villasunrise beachpepper pothibiscus poolprivate pooldolphin experiencevilla staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

stayed here with my husband and baby in july while my husband attended a conference. the resort is huge and the grounds are maintained really really well. our room was very spacious with the bedroom and bathroom upstairs and living room, full kitchen and bathroom and patio downstairs. it was kept very clean. we were not oceanfront but had a lovely view of the ocean from our room. we rented a golf cart to move around the resort.
during our stay we ate mainly at the breakfast buffet and ordered room service. the staff were beyond friendly and extremely helpful which was greatly appreciated as we were there with our baby. throughout the resort the staff was attentive and sensitive to our needs. thank you so much to the waiters, housekeeping, front desk staff. the manager Carol even sent over a card and treat as my baby was celebrating his 1st birthday there, so sweet !!
i really enjoyed my stay at Half Moon. i didn't visit all of the pools but really liked the sunset and sunrise beaches, the water was always warm.
thank u again for treating us so special!!

1  Thank islandgirl080
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family's visit to the Half Moon Resort was nothing short of spectacular. The people, Bryon, Danneka, Dioneka(sp?), Chevin, Carol, Paul, every waiter, bartender, house staff, equipment rental attendant, groundskeeper, security guard, everyone...made this trip one that we will never forget. I measure my enjoyment of a hotel/resort based on how comfortable and accommodating the staff makes me and my family feel, and the entire staff made us feel as if we were family.

We stayed in a Hibiscus Suite, which is about 20 steps to your own little semi-private beach. The suite was spacious and cool, we had a patio that allowed for us to dine outside while gazing the Caribbean Sea..the sunsets were amazing. Every stress, anxiety was completely dispersed as soon as we opened the door!

I would suggest booking with the all inclusive option, because of the many choices of superb restaurants on the property..plus you can drink as much as you like;-) The food had more hits than misses much like any restaurant you would find anywhere, but overall I would give them an A-.

I have stayed at a couple of hotels in Jamaica, but the Half Moon has won me and my family over..I don't think we could stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: If you're getting a Hibiscus Suite, get one closer to the lobby(East) You'll be closer to the pool, restaurants, and activities.
1  Thank Bryan W
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Valued Guests;

Thank you for choosing Half Moon for your recent family vacation and for sharing your review on tripadvisor; it was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guests. We are delighted you enjoyed your accommodation; your family has joined a large number of our guests who are fascinated with the spacious Hibiscus suites with its oversized bathrooms, comfortable furnishings and breathtaking beachfront views of the Caribbean Sea.

We thank you for so graciously recognizing the team of for their hospitality, we will certainly share your compliments with, Bryon, Danneka, Dioneka, Chevin, Carol, Paul, including the waiters, bartenders, house staff, equipment rental attendant, groundskeeper, security guards and indeed the entire Half Moon team. Our ultimate goal is to create an experience of a lifetime for our many valued clients; you are surely now a part of the Half Moon family.

Again, thank you for selecting Half Moon and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back`home’ soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I rented a 7 bedroom villa this summer for our annual family vacation. The villa included the exceptional services of a butler, chef and housekeeper. The butler, Ferdinand, tended to our every need and assisted with scheduling activities and arranging transportation along with making the best smoothies and frozen drinks we've ever tasted. Our chef, Beverly, was a true culinary talent! She was thoughtful in her meal planning and presentation. Also, she is just an absolute delight to be around. Pamela was so thorough with her upkeep of the home and washed our clothing each day with such delicacy and care. She never failed to bring he lovely smile with her each day.

I would highly recommend Half Moon Bay along with Ferdinand, Pamela and Beverly as your house attendants. They will make your stay a truly lovely and unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: The villas are perfect for families or large groups.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Valued Guests,

It was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guests during your recent visit to Half Moon, A RockResort; happy your family had a ‘Royal’ experience. The Royal Villas are definitely the perfect choice for families, as this accommodation offers privacy, pampering and personalized service, which is why each villa has its own butler, housekeeper and cook. The staff members are trained in the art of delivering impeccable service, their ultimate goal is to create an experience of a lifetime for their guests who have become family before they depart.

We thank you for commending the staff members for their hospitality, we will be only too happy to share you fine compliments with Ferdinand, Pamela and Beverly.

Thank you for selecting Half Moon for your annual vacation and for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor, we look forward to welcome you back ‘home’ next year and the successive years.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We visited MoBay and Half Moon for a wedding. Typically when I spend thousands on a trip overseas, I choose a hotel located in the middle of the city so that I can spend minimal time there and most of my time wandering around aimlessly. However, if I ever have to be trapped at a resort again, I pray it is at half moon. There is really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said in the comments preceding this one. Visit half moon with friends and rent out a villa for royal treatment. Or stay in a oceanfront suite. We did both and you cannot go wrong. Pro tip: buy provisions including beer/wine at commissary. Your will save a great deal of $. Tube down the great river and eat at Marguerites, Pier 1 and Scotchies.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank nwiseman
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It is certainly a pleasure receiving feedback from our valued customers, the Half Moon, A RockResort team strives to provide the best possible service and amenities to our treasured guests and their satisfaction is our reward.

We are thrilled you had an enjoyable Royal Villa accommodation; the villas provide the best option for families, friends and group who seek that home away from home ‘get-away’. Thank you for your kind compliments for the villa team, who stands ready at all times to deliver a ‘Royal’ experience.

We have observed that you have not only enjoyed the resort and its offerings, but attractions outside of the resort. Tube down the Great River is popular attraction among our many visitors to Jamaica.

Again, thank you for your favourable review – the Half Moon family looks forward to serving you when next you visit Jamaica.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Half Moon is a large and spread out resort that keeps to the old style Jamaican British style.The service is very good and the staff is very friendly. You have to be careful with the type of accommodations. They have some lovely suite type rooms with large balconies/patios. They also have some very small second floor rooms that have extremely small bathrooms.You can also be placed in an area that is a long walk to the restaurants and front desk.Electric carts and bicycles are available and highly recommended.The grounds are well manicured with plant of shade. The beach areas are nice, but their are rocks when you go in the water. Going on the all inclusive plan may be a better option then not being on the plan.Meal prices off the menu are very steep. The biggest problem encountered was that my key card had to be replaced twice. I think the hotel needs new locks they look old.The furnishings in the rooms is dated and needs a freshening up.

Room Tip: Close to the restaurants and lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dealmaker

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate you sharing feedback on your recent Half Moon, A RockResort visit.

The legendary Half Moon offers the perfect settings for any member of the family. Set on 400 beautifully manicured acres the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities with several options for accommodation; we are pleased you enjoyed a number of theresort facilities. Half Moon celebrates its 60th Anniversary this year, we are careful to combining old world charm with modern touches offering our guest the experience of both worlds.

We do regret any inconvenience resulting from the replacing/refreshing of your room key.

Again, we thank you for sharing your review, the team looks forward to welcoming you back we next you visit or beautiful island – Jamaica.