We had a very nice time at the resort. It's a bit if a mixed bag though I think overall it is a safe, friendly resort for families. I will start with the positives.
Customer service was very good. We did the online check in and the check at the resort took only minutes. The staff were very nice and we received the room requests we had made. Not all staff were as friendly as others but no one was ever rude. Pauline, the housekeeper for our floor was very good. Nice view.
Food. It was fine. Standard AI fare. I will say because the resort has a good number of Jamaican guests they had an above average amount of local dishes. This was a huge plus to us. There was enough variety to keep us all happy. The theme restaurants were fine. Good break from the buffet.
Entertainment was usually good. Wednesday was Pirate Beach Party. Best night of all. They moved the buffet out to the patio and had a live show with a steel band. It was fantastic. The other nites were just ok, but we were traveling with a young child and went to bed early and missed a few nites.
We loved the diversity of the guests. We had not stayed at a Caribbean resort that had a large local guest group and also guests from around the world. It was fun to meet people.
We did the glass bottom boat ride. A bit expensive for such a short trip but it was enjoyable. Snorkeling was good around the jetties. We saw lots of fish and an octopus. Watch out for jellies though. You will see them on the beach if they are out.
Other reviewers complained about the outdated rooms and slow elevators. Neither were of concern to us. They were clean and well cared for. We weren't in a rush so the elevators were no big deal.
The resort had some sewer issues. Our room got smelly which seemed an early symptom of a larger problem. It was smelly on out tower the whole next day. It was clear they were aware and fixed the problem the following day.
The beaches were not as well maintained as I have seen at other places. They do a quick rake right in front of the beach chairs but not the entire beach. For those who have been asking the nude beach is still open to all but under renovation. The are building new palapas. I thought the semi nude and nude beaches were beautiful with the trees. They were underutilized and there was no indication they were maintained at all. There was a discarded tire at the back end of the nude beach.
They frequently ran out of beach towel which was annoying. Especially with a shivering little one. We experienced this often. Some guests resorted to checking out towels the evening before to ensure they would have one the next day.
I would recommend this resort to families traveling on a budget. It is very conveniently located. It had everything we needed and overall we had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort