“Relax in the Sun with Rum Cream”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
winnipeg
“Relax in the Sun with Rum Cream”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just returned from a week stay at this resort, Jan 18-25, 2014. Very nice and relaxing place to be, staff was super friendly and helpful. We were welcomed by Marlene at the front desk; she was efficient, friendly and helpful, answering all our questions. Odwayne greeted us with nice cold beverages and all the other staff we encountered were always eager to assist in any way they could. We have stayed at a few all inclusive before and I would say this was the best service we have had so far.

No one ever asked us for any tip but we did because the service was exceptional. Loved that the meals included some local Jamaican food, very delicious, especially the curry chicken, mutton, ground provisions, and the jerk chicken.

The shows were ok, we especially enjoyed the steel pan show and dance, the kids were very talented. My only comment is the shows were a bit too long and got a little boring. Sound system need at bit of tweeking, cause at time it was very hard to understand or hear what the MC (Leon) was saying. Would have also preferred if there was more happening in the disco.

I would give the hotel a solid 4 star, it was way better than I expected! This resort caters to all ages, something for everyone.

Not the greatest beach, but the hospitality made up for it. I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Bring beach shoes, and Tower B is quieter.
8 Thank Sunshine1Winnipeg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,455)
  • Polish first
Marieholm, Sweden
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Bedst holiday ever. Had red a lot of negative things here on TA but nothing vent wrong.
Top check in, room vith perfekt vuiv , cleaning perfect, fresh towels every day,
We stayed in room 1010A on the 10th floor. Again best cleaning and best overlooking sea and habur.
Food is perfect both for kids and adults. Byrons resturante was moved outside to the poolbar, witch is SO romantic in the evening.. The menu in the restaurants could be different over the week, but no problem for us. The grill was nice for a snack.
If I absolute need to look for a negative thing about this resort, was it that the weather was a bit cloudy.. :@)
Thanks to alle at the resort.. We wil dff. Be back... Best ever

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank soren_lauritzen
Perth-Andover, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I always read Trip Advisor reviews before booking and, as usual, there are some reviewers who apparently must have stayed at a different resort than we did. This place is fabulous! I have travelled extensively and certainly I have stayed at fancier spots but this resort screams bargain and what a bargain it is. Literally minutes from the airport and you have a great view of planes landing (but you can't hear them)! The rooms are quite plain but very clean! The food is very good...we usually ate at the buffet (great breakfast omelets) but also tried the Asian and Italian a la carte restaurants which were both good. There is nightly entertainment which we all enjoyed (music and dancing). Lots to eat and drink!!! The burger/fry/jerk chicken spot is great for a late night snack if you get the munchies!! The beach is not spectacular (like say the one in Negril) but the water is clean and warm and there is lots of opportunity to catch some quiet time there. The beach equipment is free as advertised. In fact, everything is as advertised. The big thing with this resort is the staff...the very best I have experienced anywhere...they couldn't do enough for us and were genuinely concerned that we were having a good time. The young lady who checked me in was exceptional. Three days later as I was walking by the front desk she called me by name and asked me how my daughter Sarah was enjoying herself!! You don't get that in the super-sized resorts!! Be sure to arrange for a day trip or two...staff can line you up with a driver and van and ours, Roosevelt, was the best. We went to Nine Mile (Bob Marley birthplace and mausoleum) and to Negril...wonderful day trips. All in all the resort was exactly what we hoped for...in fact it was better. If you are wondering if you should spend extra for that 5 star resort, Don't! Stay here and use the cash saved to rent a van and driver and explore the island. You won't regret it. We will definitely go back!!

Room Tip: we stayed on 8th floor (oceanfront) in Tower B. Room 809 which adjoins room 810. Great view and supe...
5 Thank al m
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Wow, what a great place! we were there for a week and had an absolutely amazing time. The resort was all inclusive and the friendly staff made sure we wanted for nothing. The rooms and common areas were very clean with staff constantly looking for anything out of place. There are multiple pools (5 I think) and 3 beach areas that are cleaned constantly. The resturaunts include a Jamican, Asian, Italian and a ala cart buffet of North American fare. All were outstanding. Already booked our trip for next year

4 Thank gjrjeffries
London
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My mum and me had a great time at this resort. We stayed in early Jan 2014 the staff were lovely the food was delicious and the facilities were great. The bar staff was great specially Carlton at the bar in the Lobby service with a smile was always guaranteed. My mum wants to book here again in March with my sister so we will be back .

Room Tip: We had a W room near the water park, this was ok but you cannot access the wifi from here only the l...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank VickyVixxen
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Walking in immediately put me at ease, the staff was smiley and ready with a nice cold drink at check in. Ms Karlina Walters helped us out as Travelocity made a huge mistake on our reservation, she was caring and compassionate and helped us upgrade to a suite in tower A.
Club mongoose was the best kids club I have ever seen with very talented and loving staff-Serena was so caring and yanek and Charmaine and everystaff member were so sweet to my kids - the kids would beg me to go to the kids club as soon as they opened their eyes in the morning!!
Makor Plus the pools are perfect for kids and adults,the slides keep you busy all day long !!
The staff in the banana walk restaurant was also very helpful Kerrell and chef troydell and chef brown and chef newton were all very helpful as our dietary needs needed extra attention. They always went above and beyond,always!
If you are looking for a family resort look no further this is ur hotel!!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Bellaseror
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed one night at Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay with all inclusive. The patio was nice.
The pool looks old and so does the water park. Some of the patio area needs maintenance and updating. The Asian food was really good and they had a great breakfast buffet. You do not get bottled water unless you have the higher cost all inclusive. The rooms look old and a little dirty. The sheets were clean and smelled of bleach. I think it is just old and needs updating. The staff was GREAT! Allister was our event coordinator and he was over the top professional, friendly and great to work with.

We moved to the new side of the resort the next morning. The Oasis has a much more serene atmosphere. The rooms are basic with tile floors and two full beds. They were comfortable, clean and updated. We had an ocean view balcony and that was wonderful.

The entire staff was OVER THE TOP AMAZING. The restaurant was wonderful. Everything we ate there was so delicious. Albert was over the restaurant and he along with his staff, made us all feel like queens. The view, the staff, the food and the newness made this a great place to stay. We did not participate in the activities so I cannot review those. However, you have direct access to the beach and we did take a walk on the beach.

Room Tip: Stay in the Oasis instead of Sunset!
2 Thank TLS56852
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#18 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!