“top stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Metairie, Louisiana
“top stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

this is my 3rd stay a sunset beach but my first time at the Montego bay property, and upon checking in i know it was going to be a memorable one.(Nichole) was very personable an professional,( Ms Jones) was simply amazing she go above an beyond to fix my problems (Clifton & Byron) at the bar was great, (Tara) from the spa was Just Magical & very educated about her Job, an how can I forget (Tory) from reservations,this team was so good to me that my original vacation was five days but I ended up spending eight days I will surely be back to my new family, my only real problem was Security at the Gate they seem to not know there hotel guest even when were wearing the wrist band they make me feel like I should not leave the property because when its time for me to return they ask some really personal question even when they know me because I was going in an out a few times a day, an my visitor also complain about how the security make them feel unwelcome when they come to visit please fix that

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Obrian K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,376)
  • Polish first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

My experience at the sunset beach resort was wonderful.....from the time that we arrived to the time that we left.....the staff goes all out for their guests and makes sure that whatever they need they will get it for them......the food was great.....and the drinks were real good.....they have a lot of activities going on for all to enjoy.....the beach was great......the 1 thing I didn't enjoy was the hip strip tour.....wouldn't do that again...but we did take a tour from the hotel of montego bay....our driver Barry was wonderful and very patient with us when we finally hit the real hip strip....let us just go shopping where we wanted.....the other tour was just to 4 stores and a market........all in all my experience of Montego Bay will be worth coming back too....and I would definetly stay here again....the staff were very friendly.......the rooms were clean......and the sunshine was hot......just what us Canadian gals were looking for......keep up the good work sunset beach....I will definetly be back for more

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gail B
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Travelled from March 3-10, 2014 with my 17 and 9 year old daughters. I was pleasantly surprised with the resort. Our room was on the 4th floor of tower A (414). We had a corner room with a great view of the port/cruise ships, mountains and the ocean, and perfect place to watch the sunrise. Rooms are a little dated but kept very clean. The beds were relatively comfortable but the pillows need replacing (a little flat). It was a little noisy on that side but not enough to keep us up. Every part of the hotel was kept very clean - a special hats off to Marge who spent every day cleaning the bathrooms near the beach and pools. Speaking of pools, there are 4; the water park; pool where the daily animation was held; a quiet adult and kids pool; and a quiet adult only pool. Some reviewers said the water park was dilapidated, but I truly didn't find that at all and I specifically checked all the structures. My daughter spent hours on end in the water park. This was not only for kids! Many adults relaxed in the lazy river and enjoyed the slides. Thanks to the lifeguards Paul and Colin for being so kind to the kids.
The food at all the restaurants was very good. It was great to be able to reserve for the a la cartes all at once. Didn't have to wait until the morning of the day we wanted to dine. My favorite a la carte was Byron's (Carribean). The Grill was ok, great jerk chicken. Would have been nice to have another choice of sides than just fries. The buffet was great, mostly the same dishes every day with slight variations but always something great to eat. The omelette guy in the morning was amazing to watch! Hats off to two servers Damion and Ricardo! They always remembered our names and had a smile every time we saw them.
I have to commend the entertainment staff; Kenijah, Marsha, Mauvette, Dominic, Jerome, Yaniek and their coordinator who I cannot remember her name (sorry). They were always smiling, kind, worked hard and they were GREAT with the kids. My youngest is intellectually deficient and they made sure she had a great time. They were extremely patient. They also made me feel at ease with letting her do what she wanted. I cannot express my gratitude enough. A special thanks to Nardia who worked at the Teen Centre. Very sweet and kind soul.
Night time shows were funny and entertaining, musicians very good.
The beaches are small but clean, enough chairs, and the plus side is that they are close to the pools and amenities.
I have been to other resorts in Ocho Rios and Runaway Bay and found Sunset Beach to be just as good if not better for a lower price.
I would definitely recommend Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park and plan to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mamathai10
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Had a great stay here. Room was perfect (other than the slight hiccup of not providing a cot despite requesting this). Air conditioning did drip but Hotel maintenance sorted it out quickly. Food was good. Beach was clean and swimming pools were great. The staff (on the whole) were very friendly and good with dealing with our children. Definitely want to go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank Rocco001
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had a great time at Sunset Beach. The waterpark was a big plus for the kids. The beach was very shallow and calm...Take some beach toys for the kids....The food was good...(resort food) They had jerk chicken at the lunch bar. The entertainmet was great...and they had a bonfire one night. We had a great time. When we first got in they put us in a room down by the water....we didnt like it...so we asked to be put in the towers. The towers was very comfortable....stay in the towers.

Room Tip: Stay in the towers if you have kids
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cnfen1
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The rooms in the resort are very modern and clean. The pools were always clean. The staff here are very nice and cordial. My son and I love the entertainment crew; Dominic and the entire crew! They make the stay worth it. The only downfall is you have to catch a cab to the main road. Most of the other resorts I have stayed at in Jamaica you could just walk out and be on the main road. I usually stay at Sunset Jamaica Grande one of the family to Sunset Beach. I would def stay at Sunset Beach again and will recommend friends and family. They have an adult only pool which is very nice when there are so many children running around. Thanks again to all the staff and entertainment crew and lifeguard team at Sunset Beach you all are wonderful. And make coming back more entertaining every time.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank fastkat1971
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Sunset beach is a beautiful resort and I just got back from there with my family the other day. I miss it so much. The staff were all very polite, friendly, fun, and amazing people to talk with. They were all so welcoming and hospitable! "Make yourself at home because that is where you are." Was the first thing I was told the second I walked in by Nicois who is truly fantastic.The food was cooked really well, rich and full of flavour. Lots of selection and something new every night. The entertainment and activities were fun and enjoyable. I loved doing raggae Zumba with Marsha, Dominic and Gerome who were fantastic hosts by the way! They also have kayaking and peddle boats. I don't know the names of the staff at those activities but they were very nice too! The pools and beach are very clean and theres lots of space and room for everyone. It's a very organized resort and nothing is out of order or shape in case you're wondering. The rooms are really nice as long as you get the right size for your family. I didn't really like that the shower vent was inside the shower at eye level so if you're walking by someones room and someone is in the shower you can look inside and see them. That would be my only complaint and to me it's not that big of a deal but for others it may be, so I'm just putting it out there. Also bugs may get in through the vent so look out for that. Overall I'd give it a 5/5 for it was such a great trip and really raises the bar for other resorts out there! If you're going to Montego Bay or any of the other locations Sunset Beach Resorts are in then you must stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,782 reviews

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!