“This place was PERFECT! Apr 1-7 '14”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Calgary, Canada
“This place was PERFECT! Apr 1-7 '14”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Don't listen to any of the negative reviews on here. This place exceeded all expectations and was perfect for families, but there were people of all ages, and everybody we met was enjoying the place as much as us. Many were repeat visitors, and many others were saying they'd go back.

The check-in was not too bad, it just feels long after a long flight. The staff were all very friendly, and super helpful! This place was amazingly family-friendly, with tons of pool and beach options, and lots of activities on and off resort. We traveled with a child a few months under two, and it was ideal. Food was fresh and tasty, it would be great to have more Jamaican cuisine, but they're catering to what they assume most people want. The dinners at the special events were definitely the best, but the buffets at these are huge and a bit labyrinthine, so stake them out first and find what you want! Not a bad problem to have!

Rooms were very clean, and every single member of staff was friendly, helpful, and all-around great people! I have not one negative thing to say for this place, considering its price compared to competitors especially. I would recommend this place, and will definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms (except 2, from what I could tell) have nice ocean or garden views, obviously ask for whic...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RamblinFam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,403)
  • Polish first
Rockwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Read all the reviews and was hesitant, in fact, this place was our second choice. I am so very glad we went there. Close to the airport, I didn't want a long shuttle ride after a long airplane ride.The place was beautiful, it was clean, everyone was so friendly and happy. Everyone had a smile on their face, no matter the time of day or what their job was. At check -in, it took a little long, but when I asked if there was a chance we could up grade to an ocean front room, they smiled and said, "of course" and it was NO extra charge!! The food was good, same foods cooked different ways, though-I always try to remember that I am not in the U.S., I am there to eat Jamaican food, the way it is cooked in Jamaica, that is part of the experience! Lots of tables available at the main buffet, in fact we never went to any of the "fancy" restaraunts, the times available for reservations didn't suit our plans.The resort was clean, yes there are sections that could be remodeled, but it sure didn't affect our fun. The maid service was good, our room was cleaned every day, and who goes to Jamaica to spend time in their rooms anyway? There was some form of entertainment every night, bongo band, steel drum band, magician, then after that was over, a person could go to the disco and dance, if so desired, until 2am! The beach was clean, plenty of lounge chairs and towels. The pools were clean, the hot tub/jacuzzi was HOT, the kids were enjoying the water park and my husband and I went on the lazy river ourselves!!! I can not find anything bad to say about the place. I do not expect 5-stars when on vacation, I am not a prima-dona. All I ask for is sunshine, the ocean, beach and lots of food I did not have to cook, I didn't have to make the bed, do laundry or dishes. The beds were a "tad" on the hard side and alot of people complained about the lack of internet. I missed the internet, too, but it was good to NOT be "plugged-in" for a week, it might be just what the dr. ordered. The internet is only available in the lobby and for a fee, so one night I paid for an hour and "plugged-in". It was all I could have asked for and more, I am so anxious to go back again and we will return to the Sunset Beach Resort, Spa and Water Park. Thank You Jamaica!!!!

Room Tip: When checking in, ask if you can be up-graded to an ocean front. The worse that can happen is they s...
1 Thank Diane P
Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

my fiancee and i went together, it was her 1st time in jamaica. it was my 4th time at the sunset resort. this was the 1st time to experience my stay with someone else. we had an amazing time
the location, staff, room, pools and all the amenities that were all inclusive did not dissappoint either of us
i hadnt visited in 2 years, it was great to be treated as if it were my 1st time and then some. great time at the returning guest dinner on our 2nd night. it wass also nice to recognize and be recognized by some of the staff
we look forward to being able to return at some point. my fiancee was very impressed
it was a great time for us both kayaking and paddle boating, it was herr 1st time in a kayak, what a great way to say ...my 1st paddle was on the caribbean at the sunset

kudos to the Sunset Beach Resort,Spa and Waterpark, Montego Bay, Jamaica

2 Thank Randy A
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I went here for our 10th anniversary. We purchased their romance package which was an extra $. We had the most amazing time. The staff were all very happy and helpful, and seemed to really love their jobs. The layout of the place was easy to find everything that we needed or wanted. The people working at the water sport area (kayaks, snorkeling, paddle boats) were fun loving, the ladies at the spa were very professional and lovely. The food was amazing. Their a lacarte restaurants had some of the most wonderful food I have ever tried. The buffet meals always had plenty of food with lots of variety. The nightly shows were great. It was our first time to Jamaica but it won't be our last. We are planning another trip in 2 years and bringing our kids this time. What I know now is next time bring my own snorkel gear so we could go any time we wanted and bring a big mug from home so you are no at the bars every few minutes. Our a/c worked the whole time we were there and had great sleeps every night. No loud parties (that I know of). Our romance package had a private dinner on the beach and they have a nice area for this event. And it is private, nobody can walk down and interrupt, the food service and view for this were amazing! Can't say enough great things.

2 Thank Kirsty03042004
London, ont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our check in was the longest i have ever had at a resort , but after that it was all amazing. We upgraded to a suite since my mther was with us. Well worth it , amazing ocean view. its 2 rooms basicaly , living room and seperate bedroom. Glass shower , jacuzzi tub a little kitchen thing with sink and fridge.
Food was very good , saturday nights they do a huge spread in the entertainment area. ome of the best ,roasts and chicken and pork i have ever had. Fresh made ceaser salads right in front of you. Lots of cheese and deserts and ice cream. The pattys are just out from the front lobby and $2 bucks each , beef,beef with cheese, chicken and veg. well worth it i say.
The wifi was in and out but did the trick. Our elevators broke a 2 days we were there ,a few hours at a time. Oh well they get used alot.
The room was kept clean every day and our maid Shelly ann? i think. Was great. Xaivier at the omlet bar is a master , tip hard workin guy. Bartenders were all amazing and never complained about my big bubba mug. Met lots people from all over canada and Usa
There is a few cats , big deal. If you dont like them ,then ignore them.
In the lobby we booked with Monique for dinners and she was amazing getting our group of 8 or 9 together. A special thank you to the manager Noel. This was my 70 year old Moms first time anywhere. She felt safe , had fun , relaxed and would return. Thank you sunset beach for a great 9 days. Have any questions , feel free to ask.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite! Great views from all rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ethan436
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very nice place to stay. Clean comfortable room. Nice people. Karen in excursion planning was like a member of the family. First visit to Jamaica. Based on this experience, I would gladly visit again.

2 Thank round2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was our first time to Jamaica and our first stay at a Sunset Beach resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful and really made sure we were enjoying ourselves. The view from our room in Sunset A207 was amazing. Also, there was great snorkeling and other non motorized water sports on site! The only thing that we were a little disappointed in was the lack of seafood available at dinner time. All in all we really enjoyed the resort and you can't beat it for the price!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,179 reviews

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!