“Great Stay”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had a very quick weekend getaway here, to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday and she loved it!!! It was my second time at the resort, and much has not changed except for the Oasis. We loved our room and the housekeeper was great...We stayed on the B Tower and loved the view from the room. Patrice at Guest Services/Front Office was amazing. She was very thoughtful and personable. We had dinner at the Silk Road which was not bad, but the menu seems very basic.....The buffet and grill was good as well and had decent choices....We had a great stay and will be returning. Thank you.

Room Tip: Go for a Suite if you can...B510 or A1210
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lazoog

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We'll to start we just got back,No Smoking resort,but the resort is clean and just as nice as any other resorts I have stayed at food was about the same (average) the rooms are much smaller then any other resort I have ever stayed at, there is no fridge in room, the problem I had with this resort is that they don't tell you is if you smoke forget it there is 2 places on resort you can smoke and not even on beach can you and if they catch you anywhere else it's 250.00 charge, and forget it if your looking for any night time activities the hotel pretty much shuts down around 9 the lobby bar is open but no real shows it turns to ghost resort. Not much of anything going on during day so if your looking just to go,eat,swim,sleep this is not for you. We were board. Shopping is a 10 dollar a person ride and it's about 15 min drive.I won't go back,hopes this helps.

5  Thank Heather K
Natalie B, Manager at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Kindly note that in keeping with Jamaica’s national smoking policy, smoking is not permitted in public places, work places and in enclosed areas. Violators are subject to prosecution under the Public Health (Tobacco Control) Regulations, 2013.

The hotel ‘s policy states that a US$250 is charge for any person who smokes in the room or on the balcony. This is noted on our Registration Form and our Fact Sheet that is issued on check in.

Smoking is permitted in designated areas only as recommended under the Amended Regulations as we have to ensure that our guests and staff are not adversely affected by the smoke.

We do regret any inconvenience to our most valued guests.

Always at your service,
Natalie Boreland

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I went to Montego Bay last year Nov for a 5 days. It was my first time travelling out of Canada and didnt know much about resorts. This place is beautiful ,clean.Upon arriving we were checked in quickly and taken to our room .I was traveling with my best friend and our 3 month old infants.The rooms were clean and always kept clean.The buffet had great food and healthy options must I add.The bartenders were good and we even befriended a few .The nightly entertainment sounded good I preferred the afternoon entertainment. Overral I would go back in a heart beat I was treated so good and enjoyed myself thoroughly next trip going for 7 or 10 days.People to ask for Cswayne,Nadia and the bartender in the club they all good peoples.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dutchessoftoronto
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The resort is beautiful and features a private beach, which we learned is invaluable when we went on an excursion to Negril, and were approached and and accosted by random legal and illegal venders.....the privacy and lack of locals pushing items on us was essential. And the beach has everything you would need, should you choose to not leave the resort.
We were greeted with mixed drinks by bellhop Lumbardo upon arrival and checked in by Monique Gail, a delightful and helpful young lady that excells at her job.
The food in the restaurants was impecable and we were served by Donavan in one of them, who is as professional as any server we had encountered in our proffesional lives in Canada, as we run a restaurant. We would be so lucky to have a server like him. The personal touch from the petsonable chefs such as Myra and Andre, who take the time to chat and joke with you, offering insight into jamaican culture and music as Myra did.
A young man named Nickel got my girlfriend an ice pack for her foot when it was swollen and Cynthia the house keeper was a delight as she enjoyed the sounds of Beres Hammond whilst cleaning and embodied the spirit of fun and enjoyment while doing hed job.
Colin helped us with paddleboats and in the water park at anytime, and the young bartender Jason rhymed about what drinks he was making and made the lobby bar a place to be and meet others.
Overall it was an excellent resort and I will be going back to enjoy the hospitality that we enjoyed for 10 days in April 2014. 5 Stars hands down

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great resort as it was our second visit. We booked it because we were traveling with our 8 year old son who absolutely loved the water park but we had one complaint. The check in process needs a hostess to direct new guests. We waited 30 to 40 minutes in the wrong line. If you are returning guest or used Expedia go to the VIP desk. Their signs are very small and ambiguous. It is good size resort as its not too big as you don't have to travel far to get the beach or restaurants. We were invited to a special dinner because we were returning guests. My uncle and aunt gave it a 10/10 and a highlight of our trip.

3  Thank duane w
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'll keep this short and sweet.....Loved everything about this vacation!!!!!! There was absolutely nothing not to love about this resort! People, ocean, pools, waterslides, food....all were great! Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: We stayed in A tower. Rooms on the 3rd and 5th floor, ocean front. I wouldn't want a room belo...
5  Thank Laurie J
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I just got back from the Sunset Beach Resort and we loved it! The food, service, entertainment and room were all wonderful! We enjoyed snorkeling on the beach (free use of the equipment) even more than on the tour we took! There was an adult only pool for those traveling without children too. Our travel agent booked this resort for us, so we knew it would be nice, but it exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: We had a partial beach view - really nice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple