“I love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
“I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband went to this resort for our honeymoon recently and absolutely loved it. The staff and service was wonderful from the time we checked in til the time we checked out. Everyone was pleasant and helpful with anything you needed. We cannot wait to return. ♡

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,375)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had the best time of my life. Have been on vacation several times, but this was the best, from the time I arrived until check out, could not have had better time. Service excellent, staff friendly and very considerate of all our needs. Food excellent as well the entertainment and excursions offered. Family friendly. Had wonderful time. Will come back again next year, God willing.

Room Tip: Ocean View a must have
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ernestine W
Auburn, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed for a week, from Saturday Morning to Friday Moring, It was wonderful, the resort was clean and the staff were all very sweet, they have a buffet along with an Asian, Italian and Jamican restaurant, also a snack bar for in between meals if needed, the food was good, the drinks were strong. they have alot to do for activies, snorkling, glass bottom boat tour, slot machines and pool table, a nice water park and slide, 3 pools, one which is adult only, they have something for everyone from kids to adults. they had a BBQ and stage show that was awesome, they do alot of evening enterment for the guest which is really nice,this was a very relaxing trip and we are going back again next year. I very much would reccomend this resort to other travlers,

Room Tip: ours was on the 5th floor and faced the ocean, loved it,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Peggy M
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I just spent my 5th year anniversary at the sunset beach resort in Montego Bay and the word that comes to mind is AWESOME!!! I read the reviews for this resort and was a little skeptical before taking my trip but here's my input. If you're a perfectionist looking for marble ceilings and floors and Picasso paintings then this is not the place for you, however, if you're looking for nice, clean, beautiful scenery and relaxing resort then this is it. I never met one staff member that was rude or unfriendly. Their motto is " no problem mon". They even had a few cats on the beach which I thought was cool (mega animal lover!). They didn't bother you if you didn't bother them. As far as food and drinks, if they don't have something you like then maybe it's you... the food was awesome and lots to choose from. The vendors set up shop so you really don't have to leave to buy souvenirs. Lots of space and several pools if you want a little quiet time or plenty of activities and games if you want to hang out. The only down side I had was the ocean. The beach was not as breath taking as others but the different swimming areas made up for that. It was still nice to lounge in the sun or under the umbrellas. All in all this was the best trip ever and I would definitely recommend this resort, especially after hearing some of the other guests at different resorts. The price was reasonable and the atmosphere was the best!!!! This is my new anniversary spot!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sonya J
Antigonish, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here from may 7-14 and had a fantastic time.. We did run into a few snags but for the most part we really enjoyed our stay.
The food was really good and always had lots to choose from. It got a bit repetitive by the end of the week but the quality was great and we never went hungry. The beach grill was great and we really liked the burgers there. We ate at the Asian and Italian restaurants and enjoyed both.. Italian was to die for!
Rooms were basic but did the trick and the view was really nice no matter what side of the building you were on.
The resort had lots to offer and you never really had to leave the property if you didn't want to.. Vendors came every day, plus there were free kayaks, paddle boats, snorkeling, water slides and lazy river.

Previous reviews have complained about noise but we were close to the entertainment section and went to bed early every night and never heard any noise

The cons:
If you spend any time in the lobby, expect to be approached numerous times by people trying to sell the spa services. This was pretty annoying because we would have rather just relaxed without being given a sales pitch all the time.

When we arrived we were told we would be given a complimentary honeymoon package with proof of marriage. We brought our marriage certificate and were told we would be in touch with somebody. We were supposed to be given a spa discount, room upgrade, and a bottle of champagne. All we got was a spa discount card and a card for free wifi.. Pretty disappointing.

We booked an excursion Monday morning to go river rafting on Tuesday but the resort never notified the tour company that we were going, so the bus never came. When we inquired they initially told us they could give us a refund because the bus was already gone. Once they realized that I wasn't happy with this decision they agreed to have a taxi drive us to catch the bus, but this meant making everybody on the bus wait for us.. Pretty embarrassing but at least we made it

Overall a great vacation, the snags were disappointing but did not stop us from enjoying ourselves! We would come again

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank lauramae89
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just returned back from my vacation from Sunset Beach Resort at Montego Bay. I went the first time last year with my girls (children) and decided then I wanted to go back. This time I took only my one daughter. I like this resort because there is something for everyone no matter their age. I have now adopted it as "my home away from home" and every year I am going back. The people are so friendly and go out of their way to make your stay great. The food is magnificant!!! The activities awesome...something different to do every day and evening. The prices are just right for an all-inclusive vacation. My favorite moments are just relaxing on the beach on a lounge chair, wading in the nice warm ocean and sitting in the lobby with the cool wind blowing. If you are looking to have a memorable vacation this is the place to go!!!!

Room Tip: I liked being in the tower room this time!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My boyfriend and I had a quick trip to the Sunset Beach Resort (Thursday to Sunday), and enjoyed our stay. I have been to many All-Inclusive resorts and have rated this resort as Average, however it did provide good value for the price paid.

This is not a 5 star resort, so don't go expecting it it to be.

Check-In was quick and the front desk staff was very friendly. Rooms were basic (B Tower), bed was decent, everything was clean, but the room could use a renovation. The food in the buffet was good, nothing fancy. We were disappointed that the a-la-carte restaurants were booked solid when we arrived, except the Asian restaurant. We were looking forward to trying all three, but were unable to. The Asian restaurant was good, and had a nice atmosphere.

There were several pools on the resort. We chose to stay by the adult only pool for the majority of the trip, but we did go for a few times down the slides at the waterpark and had a blast. The beach was nice, not a lot of shade for those wanting it, but the water was calm and we enjoyed hanging out by the water.

There was not much of a nightlife on the resort, but there was a shuttle every night to a bar/club in Montego Bay. Friday night we went to Pier 1 and had a great time. Drinks on the resort were delicious!

Overall we enjoyed out stay at Sunset Beach, and in fact we wished we could stay longer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,780 reviews

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!