“A Must Try Vacation Package!!!”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Bridgeton, New Jersey
“A Must Try Vacation Package!!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am over 60 and have been on many vacations. This was by far the best so far in my life. It was breathtaking, beautiful and very accommodating. I did not expect the high class service that my group received. We had a group of 40 and everyone had a great time. I jumped off the cliff at Rick's Café in Negril. I can only give my experience which was absolutely fabulous. You will not regret choosing Sunset Beach Resort, spa & Water Park for your next vacation. I have to go back because my vacation was only 5 days. I had so much fun doing so much stuff that I never made it to the spa and water park. I still can't believe how that happened because I am a water person. This sounds crazy, but I never made it to the beach at the resort either, but I did make it to the pools. I visited other beaches through the really nice excursions that are offered. Just remember to shop around because excursions are extremely competitive.

Room Tip: My group had the lowest priced rooms and they all had balconies and were nice, so I can only imagine...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valerie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,432)
  • Polish first
Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love my stay at the hotel and the helpful friendly staff.I cannot wait to return for another visit.The resort had a lot of activities for all ages and the wedding there was
beautiful and a beautiful beach background. All those with me enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Spierce1234
La Crosse
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I can't really say much that I haven't said in my reviews from previous years but there are a few things to mention. First, we had noticed some small issues in previous years such as broken beach chairs, etc. had been addressed. Customer service has always been good, but even that was another step above this most recent trip. Nadine in returning guest services is a gem!
We've traveled to Sunset for 11 years, and plan to make our 12th trip again this year. I read some of the negative reviews on here and wonder what resort they were at. I don't know what I can say to counter those other than this: We work very hard to save money to take one "big" vacation every year. We simply wouldn't work that hard to return to Sunset year after year if it was a "dive" or unacceptable in any way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AudnDan
Houston, TX
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were on a Royal Caribbean cruise and decided to book an all-inclusive day pass during our stop in Jamaica. The tour company we went with said it was only 25 minutes from the Falmouth port to Sunset Beach, but in took just about an hour. When you're on a cruise, two hours in transportation eats up most of the day. We only had about 3-1/2 hours to enjoy the resort but in no way did we get to relax, use the water park, etc.

We did find out after the fact that there is one closer to the Falmouth port but just isn't advertised yet.

Had a nice time but would have used our day in a better way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SAN
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Some of the rooms were older but the staff was wonderful. I stayed in the suite and it was large and very nice balcony facing the ocean.The food was great and the entertainment was not Las Vegas but it was fun. I think the staff is really what makes this resort.

Room Tip: The Suite was large and fabulous. Some of the other rooms are older.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelSANlady
Chingford,London, England
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a fantastic10 day break in Montego Bay in February 2014. I was born in Montego Bay and this was my first time back in 49 years, we wanted it to be special and it certainly was. We stayed in the Sunset Beach Resort. The holiday got off to a great start when I was greeted with a "welcome home Sir" by a member of staff at passport control, it was a simple but memorable gesture. I was a little worried about the hotel because having booked it, we then read a couple of bad reviews, the hotel was fantastic and our concerns evaporated within minutes of arrival. The hotel is located about 15-20 minutes from the airport which is useful after a long flight. We were greeted by warm smiles and a quick and efficient check-in at the hotel. The rooms are large and clean,slightly dated but they were well maintained during our stay and the house-keeper, Charlene was a very nice lady. The food at the hotel was absolutely fantastic, very tasty with lots of variety at breakfast, lunch and dinner, food was available from 0730 breakfast to the early hours of the morning. Lots of great drinking as well with rum punch and cocktails . on tap all day long. The hotel is on the beach, there are lots of water sport offered within the all inclusive package, we didn't utilise them. Lots of entertainment throughout the day for the younger ones, evening entertainment was ok. The hotel has a well equipped gym which I used most days - it could do with a little updating as some of the equipment looked aged. Staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, always had a smile on their faces and nothing was too much trouble. All in all we had a great time in Montego Bay, the hotel was fantastic, we will be going again soon and will certainly be staying at the Sunset Beach again. See you soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank errol01
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose this hotel because we had stayed at Sunset in Ocho Rios previously and wanted to see what Mo Bay was like.

We arrived around 6 pm after a 9 hour flight, check in was smooth and we enjoyed the welcome fruit punch. We were given adjoining rooms on the 4th floor B tower, which were ok but facing the entrance to the hotel which was very noisy. The next day we asked to be moved and were given rooms 209 and 210 in the same block but with views of the pool and ocean which were fabulous, thanks Audrey.

Rooms were cleaned daily but mainly later in the day and sometimes towels or floor mats were taken away but not replaced. Coffee was not replenished regularly either. There were plenty of pillows however, they were soft and after a while became uncomfortable to sleep on.

This is a big enough resort to find a quiet spot away from kids. We spent most of our time near the adult pool or on the beach. There are a lot of weeds in the water therefore beach shoes are essential. The pools are clean and the lazy river is fun. There are some areas of the hotel that could do with a lick of paint e.g. the water park.

The food was good with a fair amount of choice. Xavier cooked excellent omlettes and had 5 or 6 on the go at any one time. On his day off, we chose not to have omlettes! We tried all three restaurants and thought the Asian was the best.

In terms of drinks - a very nice Merlot was served in the restaurants and at the 'returners' dinner. However, the wine available in the main dining room or at the bars left much to be desired.

We think the entertainment team worked extremely hard and long hours. We particularly enjoyed: the gala night when Karen Smith performed; the steel band at the beach barbeque; Jamaica day and the 'returners' dinner. Meet the manager is a nice way to welcome guests and thank you for the Spa prize of a 20 minute massage.

We celebrated two birthdays whilst at Sunset and a special thank you goes to the guest services team - on our son's 21st birthday, balloons and cakes were sent to his room to mark the occasion. This was very much appreciated.

We enjoyed our two week stay at Sunset, Mo Bay and would certainly recommend to others.

Room Tip: B block is quieter as would the rooms higher up, ocean view of course.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!