“Family vacation for the second time”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We are returned guest I this hotel. Nicely located in Montegobay nice beach and the water park the cherry on a sundae. We eat well and the staff amazing always around to help or to make you laugh.

The show should be produced at earlier time.
It's a really clean

Almost every night the supper was served outside with a specific themes amazing. The restaurant a la carte great.

What about the VIP supper for returned guest wow wow wow

Thks Sunset it's really the resort to be "no problem mon"
I will be back for the Sum fest

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Martine L
Write a ReviewReviews (6,757)

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I am an airline employee and I travel all over the world with my children! Our trip to Jamaica was an impulse trip, but it was by far the best trip ever! The staff started waiting on us hand and foot and we hadn't even checked in yet. Every single employee was very personable! I have a set of 5 year old twins and a 12 year old and they enjoyed themselves so much that they all cried when it was time to leave. The twins participated in the first Pirate Parade and they actually dressed them in pirate costumes. They were treated like royalty. I've already started recommending this resort to family and friends. Last but not least one of the staff members went snorkeling with me to make me feel safe! My experience was indescribable and I was very comfortable even though I'm not a good swimmer! Never will I visit Jamaica without staying at this resort. The staff will be my friends forever!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank andrea h
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Sunset Beach Resort is awesome,i loved every moment of my stay there,food was good,the staff were friendly and kind,wonderful entertainment after dinner and i enjoyed Frank the piano player. Definitely i will be staying there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Winston M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a complete screw up of a resort. First they lost my father's reservations then tried putting my teenage sin in a room in a completely different Wing without telling me and when I asked where they moved him they said they could t tell me. Then.. The shower had no hot water on day 1. Unlike other local resorts they only have limited wifi if u pay 30 for unlimited access or some ridiculous amount per hour and it only works from the lobby. Two different pools had crabs in the water right after they supposedly cleaned them..we found napkins cups and used bandaids in the pool..they pool table balls had significant dents in them the cloth on the table had holes and fringes everywhere..they had some of the worst mixed drinks I have ever had. . Small elevators..we invited our tour guide and her son to the hotel as guests to swim and they wanted 80 dollars..they have no room service. . Pools are constantly closed from like 6 to 9.. they promise u things in the tours like swimming with the dolphins that aren't included.. like lunch..waited for 30 minutes to get a nurse after fiance stepped on sea urchant..They give u wrists bands for free food and drinks that u have to wear all week and charge u 100 dollars if u lose a replacement..can't smoke on ur balcony. ...n my stay here isn't over sadly...

• Stayed: June 2014
10  Thank sunsetbchsux
Natalie B, Manager at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Having perused the contents of this review, it is important that we share the facts that have not been stated so as to put things into perspective. Firstly, the reservation for the reviewer’s father as mentioned was not lost. The father's reservation was booked through a separate tour operator from that of the reviewer and hence the reservations were not linked. This was no fault of the hotel and was immediately taken care of without any delays to the parties involved. There are no teenage children with the group and all persons were accommodated as requested, including the reviewers 11 year old son.

All pools are closed for treatment every evening and all are further vacuumed every morning with on-going treatment throughout the day. We ensure that all pools are treated every evening and all pools are vacuumed every morning. In regards to internet access, while access has always been made available in the lobby area, both towers have now been equipped for guests to enjoy wi-fi access in room, any issues with service are immediately handled by our competent IT personnel once they are made aware. As is customary for all-inclusive properties, we offer day or night passes for a fee to persons who would like to utilize the facilities and services provided on property.

Please note that a nurse station is on property and we do offer complimentary nurse services from 8am – 10pm daily. Our Nurse will see clients on a first come, first serve basis unless it is a life threatening emergency. A doctor is on-call when needed.

We do appreciate that persons will write reviews based on their own personal expectations, experiences and knowledge. All reviews are important to us as we strive to improve our product and services to meet our clients’ needs.

Always at your service,
Natalie Boreland
cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you want to go somewhere and let you kids run around like crazy, this is the place. I just spent 5 nights there, and I did not get one good night sleep. Kids were playing in the hall after hours every night. Other guest with kids did not keep their kids under control. This is a old resort. Over 40 years old. However, it was very clean and the staff was great, and I also never had any hot water to shower with. The food was OK, I expected more at a All Inclusive. Also, If you are allergic to cats, don't go to this resort. Cats were around the buffet area, where people were feeding them. I don't mind animals, but these were wild animals. I usually don't write reviews, but I had to do this one. I will not return to this resort.

Room Tip: Don't Go!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Evora O

Dear Evora O,

Thank you for highlighting some of our positives such as the resort being clean and the fact that our staff is great!

Sunset Beach Resort prides itself on being a family friendly resort and due to the layout of our property all our guests will feel safe and secure in our surroundings. Where there is a situation that a particular guest activity is negatively impacting other guests, we will make every effort to manage the situation to everyone’s satisfaction once we are aware.

We truly regret that this reviewer did not share their challenges with us during their stay to give us the opportunity to relocate them to a more suitable location and to have the matter dealt with as there may be other guests who were impacted as well. Please note that we do not encourage our guests to feed cats however we do have animal lovers who find the creatures quite irresistible and we can only do our best to limit any negative impact.

We appreciate all feedback that is given. Our team will work together to continue to improve our product and services to ensure an enjoyable stay for everyone.

Always at your service,

Natalie Boreland
cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed with my wife and two kids for 3 days, before going to Negril, and really enjoyed it.
The swimming pool with the water park is something that you don't find easily in other resorts and kids enjoyed it so much.
Then, it's very easy to take advantage of the water sports (snorkelling, kayak, pedal boats) and the beach is perfect for that, small and with corals around that make the experience very nice.
If you are looking for very long sand beaches, this is not the place. But that is the situation with most of the hotels in Montego Bay.
Internet services should be improved and the buffet is lower quality compared with the international hotel chains.
We stayed in a suite in front of the sea, it was excellent!!!
Overall, very good quality stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Juan Cruz P
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The experience we had at this hotel was excellent. The food was good even for a buffet ! They had awesome jerk chicken and for a picky child they went out of their way every night to make a special meal for us! The pool was closed every evening after5 for cleaning and was so much fun . Our room had a great quiet air conditioner. Also a gorgeous view of the ocean. I felt reassured that my kids were well looked after in the kids club, as the ladies there were sweet kind patient and fun. It gave us parents a nice break to enjoy some couple time. Great trip for a awesome price. Starting to plan a return trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family