Four nights into a seven night stay I began compiling this list to inform anyone who is planning to stay at this location. It may seem petty to some but I cannot pay to stay at a property where the standards are below how I live in my own home. Ohhh let me count the reasons you may want to look elsewhere:
Front Desk had to recode both room keys multiple times within a single day and problem still was not resolved by the end of our stay. I even saw an Engineer working with other guests on our floor with their room entry issues.
Not enough staff to handle the guest capacity
Interesting that an all-inclusive does not have room service or even allow food in the guest rooms
No in room refrigerator stocked with at the very minimum water unless your are booked in one of the "suites"
Dated property in desperate need of a renovation
Cracked and stained bathroom fixtures throughout rooms and property except for the lobby (stay away from the gym bathrooms YUCK)
Uncomfortable bedding, mattress is maybe 8 inches thick
Unsuitable ventilation in common areas particularly throughout the outdoor dining areas where fans are needed to keep away flies
Ants in rooms
Limited range Wi-Fi that isn't available throughout the property at an additional cost of $30 per log-on for one week. Weird the property can't boost their Wi-Fi for property wide access with the additional money being charged but you can access Secret's free Wi-Fi in building B or from the lobby area, which is located about 1500 ft away from the outskirts of the property.
Staff that provide different answers and pricing each time you ask a question or better yet staff not at their post during normal operation hours
Improperly working air conditioning without an automatic feature and proper temperature control so you are stuck with off or frozen tundra blowing directly over your bed
Not enough food to handle capacity during peak buffet hours
Food not clearly labeled or labeled at all, would be nice for people with food allergies
Elevators in need of maintenance to include displaying incorrect floors and noticeable delays when the elevator moved between floors
Stray cats roaming the property begging for food
Paper thin walls and nonexistent sound proofing
Not enough hot water for two consecutive showers
And let us not forget, you lose a single thing deemed hotel property (room access keys, lock for safe, arm band you must wear your entire stay, or beach towel cards) and it is $100 US
The only saving graces for this hotel is that it is a family friendly environment including entertainment, the food even though extremely repetitive is actually pretty decent, proximity to the airport, and with all the minuses they keep it clean but let’s be real you can’t have an outdated dirty property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort