“A great time! Enjoyable”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We vacationed at sunset
but our room was moved to Oasis. Room was clean and as expected. The sunset and jamaica had so much going on, we were rarely in the rooms. This was a family vacation traveling with a 26 , 23 and two 16 year olds. We all had a good time and there was something for everyone. Food was extremely good, a lot of variety, hot and tasty.
Beach was nice, clean and plenty of shade huts. Pools were fine, and relaxing. Entertainment was exceptional, a fun group of folks who tried to include all. If you are looking for a good time, sunset is the place to go! The staff and entertainment team made it a memorable vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Barrow_Family2014
There are newer reviews for Sunscape Splash Montego Bay

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough great things about sunset! Stayed there for 10 days and never once a complaint! I am a native Jamaican and fell in love with my island and people all over again. The staff is amazing and attentive to your every need.. You will never go hungry in this place. After day 4 I couldn't eat anymore lol the good will have you over eating. The entertainment team is amazing and will have you smiling until long after you leave. I haven't even begun to talk about the drinks and the grand gala they have for the guest. All the tours and amenities are great. And my daughter loved the staff and adventures through the kiddie club,
Club mongoose! The staff there pays so much attention to the kids and it's such a clean environment. The water park is more than enough activities to keep the kids entertained. In the words of buju...
"I could go on and on ..the full has never been told!" Lol

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank sassyShanna
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I was expecting a great beach and ended up being a lake with algae everywhere! The food sucked and the buffet line to get a hot dog/hamburger is at least 30 mins for gross food. Go else where. Pool water is cloudy and the alchohal is some cheap stuff ive never seen before!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Dmiller19
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our stay was really just ok and I had hoped for much more. The beach was a huge disappointment and several of the employees were just rude. Most acted like it was an inconveniece for us to be there. We are always polite and tip, but it didn't seem to make a difference. The food was decent but nothing exceptional. Clifton at the swim up bar and Narnia (not sure of her exact assignment) were the only ones that we were able to have a conversation with. Everyone else gave one word answers or none at all. I even got a grunt when asking one question. Those two were outstanding and should be commended.

We aren't picky people and are generally easy to please but left pretty disappointed. Maybe I'm overly sensitive but the constant blaring music got old after a while. I enjoy the atmosphere, but it made it impossible to have a conversation with the person next to you. That's a little much for 10:00 am or at dinner. Play it, but just turn it down a little...

It was clean, there was plenty to eat and drink and we enjoyed each others company but we wouldn't come back here. If you want friendliness and an awesome beach, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wannacthec
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I arrived with 13 other people,2 kids and 11 adults, my daughter got married there, which was a wonderful day,the food is wonderful, the staff are very helpful and friendly(Rosie(who has remained as our special friend),Nardia(hospitally),and everyone else( I have no complaints ), the entertainment was great, the kids enjoyed the waterpark and the pools. the rooms were kept very clean, loved the drinks, casino was great and so were the staff there. We would diffently be going back there again. have being to cuba,but this was a way better resort and friendler staff. we felt so at home. keep up the great work. we were there in March 2014,also loved the lobby,very inviting. Some of us had spa treatments done which were wonderful.

Room Tip: the B section rooms are great for looking out at the sunset and the beach
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank bev p
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I returned yesterday from a week stay at Sunset Beach Resort. The resort is not a 5 star property. If you go there expecting that, you will be disappointed. Checking in was slow. We arrived early and had to wait for our room. No problem, we had drinks and lunch. I was a bit overwhelmed at all the rules at check in. (15$ per lost towel, 100$ per lost band, 100$ per lost safe lock). That being said, this was our fourth time to Jamaica, and this is my favorite resort thus far. The food is excellent. Lots of Jamaican foods on the buffet. We chose not to eat at any of the ala carte restaurants because we can get Italian and Asian at home! The beach grill could use some extra help during lunch, as most days you had to wait quite a while for service. The drinks are strong and free-flowing. Every single staff person we came across at the resort was super friendly and helpful. I seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff. The entertainment staff were amazing. Those people seemed like they were working 24/7 to make sure everyone was having a great time. Some of the nightly entertainment was lacking, but we were usually dead to the world at that time anyway. We did enjoy the steel drum band and the African drum band. The rooms were clean, not fancy. They were quiet with cold air conditioning, hot water and good water pressure. Terrible mattresses!!! (We survived it, though.) We had a fantastic view from the room. The water sports were fun, but I suggest bringing your own snorkeling gear, as sometimes you had to wait to borrow theirs. The water park was small, my kids (age 18 and 13), preferred the pool. The resort is family friendly, but I didn't find myself overwhelmed by a lot of kids. There is an adult only pool, which is nice, but there are also two family pools, plus the pool in the water park area. Several different excursion companies are on site, so shop around for the best prices. We did Dunn's River Falls and Dolphin Cove. Both were fun, but you could spend a whole day at Dolphin Cove alone. I would recommend this resort for families looking to relax and have fun, but if you want 5 star, I would suggest going elsewhere. I would return here in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have an amazing view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sherry P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Awesome vacation spot. It was a home away from home......ambiance breathtaking, the staff friendly and the food was good. There is a sports bar on property, however, I would have loved if they had a club….I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#16 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!