“ok”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Cheap spot to get away to. No room service. Slow restaurant service. Ok night activities. Drinks were not strong (except for the rum punch). Great for a cheap family get away but not for a romantic get away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Treemanisha S

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Jamaica and I am looking forward to going every year. The one thing I did not like was the wifi was very weak. Otherwise, the food was good, staff was awesome, rooms were clean and decent, drinks were strong and not watered down at all, the entertainment was cool, I preferred partying offsite (margarittaville and pier one), the pools were cleaned daily, the beaches were clean. The resort is huge and comfortable with seating everywhere and a bar. But I also didn't like having to walk around trying to find the bathrooms. But overall I enjoyed my stay I really felt like I was on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank F F
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have been to several resorts in Montego Bay and I was quite surprised at the quality of the hotel. The common areas do not match the despair of the rooms, that overlook ugly rooftops.
The beach towels were not available for three days.
No fridges in the rooms.
No drinking water in the rooms, you have to drink water at the bar when its open or buy water from the gift shop $$$$
Wifi for a Fee $$$
Water was shut off for 4 hours on one of the days and no provisions were made to the guests.
Elevator was out for three days, this being the only way up the towering rooms
There is zero entertainment in the adult pool and the animation group has been instructed to stay in the family pool location.

Although the food was repetitive it was delicious....

If you have small children this place works but not for adults!!!
I did use trip advisor before I left and I think for the first time I was misled. This hotel is just a 2* it does not match the hotels you can find in Montego Bay. If the price is what made you go there, 'like me', I would rather save another $200 and stay in a 4 * thanks very much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank SBedri
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My family and I had a beautiful time at this resort; so much so that here we are 3 weeks since we left and my hubby is yearning to return.

I think the staff more than anything, made our stay wonderful. We traveled with my mom who is 85, and they made her feel like the queen she is. Our rooms were on the Oasis side which was more relaxed than the Sunset side, but either way, a great time was had by all. Our daughter (23), my hubby and our boys (17 and 15), roamed and enjoyed every inch of this resort.

It also fit right into our budget and we will definitely return.

A note of thanks to Noel Berley, such a warm spirit. He heled make our time away, extraordinary. My sincere appreciation goes out to him and his staff.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I'm a Travel Consultant and I bring a group every two years to this Resort....
We just left on July 2, 2014 and we stayed for two weeks...
The staff takes good care of my group every time we come. The Hotel location is the best for getting around the island. My group said the Hotel Staff keeps them entertained and the food was great.
I would like to thank Ms. Arniece Jones ( Front Desk ) for all her help in making me and my group feel safe and at home.... Much Love See You in 2016

Room Tip: Corner suites are large
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel is like a motel ...cheap , basic accommodation . Drinks in cafeteria cups . We upgrade to Oasis on the sunset which was like a two star hotel . Save your money and go to Iberostar resort. .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Master M
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just got back yesterday from my trip to this resort with my boyfriend. We were immediately turned off by the balcony of our room. It over looked the roof on the first floor of the resort and was full of bird crap. The room was decent and the bed was hard but we slept on it with no issues. My major issue with this resort was the entertainment. it started early and ended early usually when we were having dinner. The little entertainment we did catch was pretty good though. The resort didn't have much of a nightlife and we would have to venture out in order for any nightly entertainment.The beach was rocky and full of seaweed but we found patch of the beach that was perfect which is where we spent most of our time along with the waterpark. The waterpark is decent even though it looks grungy. The resort can you some major restoration. On to the good parts, the food was delicious and the al carte restaurants were the best i've had at any resort. The Italian, Asian, Caribbean restaurants in that order of my favorites. Drinks were strong (not a bad thing) and bartenders were friendly. I'd go back Jamaica but would pick Negril over Montego Bay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple