Celebrated New Year's 2008 at Sunset. Sunset is a great resort, it has some cultural flair so you do feel SOME of the Jamaican culture. The hotel is a little dated and so are the rooms. The rooms, resort, and pools were always very clean. Drinks were always plentiful and they would make it as strong as you like it. Make sure you try the Pina colada with Appleton Rum. Sunset has a beautiful beach and a very short swim out to some beautiful reefs for a great snorkel experience. I heard a lot of people say how good the food is, but I thought the food was just ok. I didn't have an opportunity to eat at any of the restaurants because they were booked. I ate at the buffet, which didn't have a lot of variety but you manage to find something tasteful. Sunset did provide a few Jamaican cuisine at the buffet but it's nothing like authentic Jamaican food. In most of the tourist areas you will never find the real authentic taste of Jamaican cusine until you venture in the local areas. This of course isn't always the wisest thing to do unless you know people from the island, which I did. Overall, I would say that the resort was a good find. It is not anywhere near an upscale resort but if you are looking for relaxation and fun in the sun it's a nice place.
Spa services at the Resort was very good. I have been to 4-5 Resorts for massages and as this resort was no where near a 4-5 star, the massage itself was very good, thanks to my Massage Therapist.
I did have one issue that I called the front desk about. When the front desk lady attempted to transfer me to the manager I was left on hold for a long time. I called back to let her know that no one picked up and I was just left on hold, she said she would go and see why the manager never picked up. The manager never returned my phone call and neither did the front desk person. I just left the situation alone and enjoyed the rest of my vacation. I did feel it worth mentioning just in case you do have a problem and you feel that you were neglected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort