“AWESOME, AWESOME VACATION!!!!!”

Ranked #18 of 62 Hotels in Montego Bay
Levittown, PA
“AWESOME, AWESOME VACATION!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We arrived at Sunset on March 25th for a 7 day vacation. We were greeted with a nice cool towel and fruit punch! Our main reason for this trip was to celebrate my parents 30th Wedding Anniversay. There was 7 adults and my son who is 8. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I could not wait to get here and meet the bartender Craig, his face was the first i saw smiling in the Lobby bar. My sister loved him, as she had to do some work while on vacation. He always had her drink of choice ready, made and would even walk it over to her. My favorite was Garica at the pool bar and his sidekick Miss Jacquline! Ask him for a Blue Hawaiian!! Best drink! The hotel rooms are as stated in many a little dated, but how much time do you actually spend in them? The grounds are fab!! Club Mongoose was really nice for my son, they had PS & Xbox competitions, along with basketball and tennis lessons. Best thing is only a parent or family member can sign them out, they can not just leave on their own with a stranger! He loved the girls that did all the activities! Waterslides are awesome. They have speed competitions on them! Also you will see guys walking around with cameras, Patrick is awesome! He got many good shots of my son and my family right at sunset! Overall this place is really good for the money. The buffet has alot of different choices, the Asian restuarant is really good, but the best is the Italian!! Presentation is what this resort is all about!! Drinks are not watered down like some other all-inclusives, they are strong and plentiful!! To everyone at Sunset Beach Resort, I give 2 thumbs up for a job very well done!! My parents loved their anniversary and my family had a really great time!! We are planning on going back for Christmas of 2011!! If anyone has questions just contact me!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank PrettyinPA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,421)
  • Polish first
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Excellent Service, Great Food and a great waterpark! Staff is incredibly nice

Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
Kelowna,BC
Reviewed 29 March 2010

What a wonderful vacation! Huge facility with a spot for everyone. Even though the hotel was running at near full capacity, we never felt crowded. 4 different pools to choose from,big hot tub overlooking the ocean, lots of beach space. food was great, lots of selection, different choices each day. in house crafters market on 2 of the days we were there, shopping comes to you, there was really no reason to leave the resort. except to climb Dunn's river falls!

tennis, ping pong, giant chess and checkers board, basketball hoops, swings, ice cream machine, burger bar, free drinks, mini golf, amazing fish to see while snorkeling or even sometimes right at the shore. bring your own snorkel gear

property was clean, beach raked each morning. It could use some paint, although now looking at the pictures on this website, a lot of upgrades have been done already - new furniture and flooring in the main lobby.

be sure to ask for non-smoking floor if you want one, as they do have smoking floors

15 min cab ride from airport, get your bags and get right to the beach. It was neat to sit on the beach and watch non-stop planes coming in to land. You couldn't hear them, just watch them descend - ready to drop off some more lucky travellers.

If travelling with kids, be sure to pack some beach toys, they are extremely expensive to buy there. As is sunscreen ($ 20 US for a bottle) - bring lots of your own in a higher spf than you are used too! The sun is hot there, it caught us off guard and left a few nasty burnt shoulders

the sunset was amazing, but due to some cloud it was not visible every night, so take pictures when you see it!

The kids had a blast, we relaxed and got a tan - what more could you ask for!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank 4happytravellers2010
smiths falls
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My wife and I and 6 friends went on Feb 19th of this year and it was the greatest time of our lives the food is fenominal never had a bad meal at the buffet which there was plenty to choose from we recomend the italian restaurant it has the best steak. The view of the ocean is spectacular and the staff is really friendly our new buddy Andre is awesome he is the best waiter anywhere. we are going back every year to the same place. Go and enjoy and say hi to craig the bartender and andre the waiter and patrick the photographer from the ganf in smiths falls

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carriere23
Liverpool
Reviewed 28 March 2010

My wife and I had a great 2 weeks at the Sunset Beach. We considered it great value for money expecially when compared to equivalent all inclusive hotels in the Mediterranean countries - and the sea is much warmer. The beach is also great for snorkelling.
We always found the staff helpful and never had to queue for anything (not even drinks).-even sunbeds in the shade were not difficult to find. Not many Brits there when we went - mostly Canadians and North Americans. Went to the 3 restaurants (Chinese, Italian and Jamaican) - it made a nice change to be waiter served but ate mostly in the Buffet restaurant which offered a good selection of tasty food.
There is a good resident band but I found the main evening entertainment a little disappointing - the resident band with a different singer every night singing mainly US mainstream ballads (thought the singers better the second week and included a good Rasta singer).
Went on 3 excusions (booked through viator.com thus saving a significant amount). Dunns River Falls is a must as is the visit to Bob Marley's birthplace and Mausoleum.
Altogether a relaxing holiday in a hotel with a good atmosphere and plenty of things to do. My wife wants to go back next year.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leeden
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We had a great time on the beach and the restaurant. The spa was simply divine!!!

Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
Winnipeg
Reviewed 27 March 2010

We have been visiting the Sunset since it opened. My wife and I decided to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary at this resort because we have come to call this our second home. One of the reasons being when you get to know some of the staff here they feel like family. I would like to mention Lorraine Mowatt the front office Manager that took care of our every need. She went above and beyond her duties of which included covering our room in rose petals, a wine fruit and cheese platter along with an ice filled bucket chilled bottle of wine on our special day after returning from a dinner out at a local restaurant. She is without question outstanding.

One thing I need to pass on is a comment in refrence to the bar service. One afternoon while enjoying a relaxing cocktail on the beach I noticed a blob of something on the bottom edge of my glass as I got to the bottom of my drink. It appeared to me as mold. I returned to the bar to explain my disgust and was told by the BAR MANAGER that it was JUST a cigarette butt. As he reached in with his fingers to show me it was whatever. My comment back was I don't care if it's mold or a cigarette butt I just drank a drink with this attached to the bottom of my glass and I wasn't impressed. His comment to me was so what do you want. At this point I walked away in disgust. Of all my years of visiting this resort this has never happened. Considering this man is managing the bartenders it requires a change.
For the most partl it was wonderful as we have been visiting Jamaica for over 25 years and have gotten to love the people and the country as only someone like us has done can explain. Please visit Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay and enjoy. It is everything you have read on the plus side and then some.

Dale and Kim

Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 62 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,232 reviews

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!