This is a 3 star hotel, not a 4 or a 5 star.
To start with we spent approximately 40 minutes in lineup at the front desk to get checked in. While there were 5 or 6 stations, there were only 3 people working the desk, none of them friendly.
Generally the food was good, not excellent, but good. Surprisingly for Jamaica, very few fruits available.
If you want to take kids somewhere other than Disneyland for a much cheaper price, this hotel is a good spot. The waterpark, entertainment, etc. is geared for kids in many cases.
On the other hand, if you are adult looking for some peace and relaxation this may not be the place. While we were there, there were always hundreds of kids running around, very noisy, very busy. At meal times they basically took over the buffet, which is basically all there is for food without reservations.
There is no room service of any kind. Because your drinks are inclusive, they are free, but the hotel has obviously instructed the bartenders to pour as little alcohol in a glass as possible. And while there are bars reasonably close to the main pools, you will walk, in some cases five minutes to get to any bar on the beach (and you will have to walk back again soon because the drinks are so small).
The rooms are somewhat outdated, but reasonably clean. While the folks who cleaned the rooms were friendly, many of the bartenders and front reception desk were not. We spent last vacation at Couples in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.....this doesn't even compare.
Bottom line.....if you have kids (or don't mind lots of them) this hotel is a good deal for the price. If you are looking for some peace and relaxation, find an adult only resort.
This hotel is a 3 star, no more.
The strong points: Close to airport. Food is decent. Great for kids.
The weak points: Unfriendly staff. No room service. Bars on or near beach not convenient. Drinks are meagre. Noisy kids environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort